A very important reminder

Astrugglingsoul

As-salamu alaykum wa-rahmatullahi wa-barakatuh

respected brothers and sisters i have just watched a video and i can't resist myself from sharing this to you. the video is about intellectual humility and how cautious we should be when we discuss about the quran and hadith.

i also know maybe many of us have already seen this video or maybe it has already been shared by other fellow muslims already in TTI but i think there are also people who haven't watched this as i myself watched this video few moments ago.

may allah make us more knowledgeable and humble when it comes to islam and when we try to deliver knowledge to others, Ameen !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftp2qRg2xz4&feature=relmfu

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Thank you for sharing. To be honest, I rarely watch videos on youtube but I felt "called" to watch this one and it really hit on me!

Some quotes of his that should be a reminder to everyone, inshaa Allaah.

You think you know your stuff, but you don't. You don't. Humble yourselves to the people who have knowledge.

It seems like you're only learning all these stuffs so that you can out-do someone else in debate and to shove them up in debate. So the knowledge you're acquiring is not to add to your humility but it's to take away your humility. And this is the way of the non-believers. The non-believer acquires their education to put a title to their name. Dr so and so. PhD so and so. Professor so and so.

And one last IMPORTANT comment of his regarding speaking about scholars.

Don't speak about other scholars. Don't speak about them. If you disagree with something they said, the people of knowledge, they make du'a for them and THEN they disagree with them. That's what they do. Because they don't know where they stand with Allaah. They don't know. You don't know when you're talking about a scholar who have already passed away. And what his rank is with Allaah. Or what sins of his or what mistakes of his. Genuine mistakes of his Allah has already forgiven. And you think they're mistakes. YOU think they're mistake. How dare you talk about someone like that. These are slaves of Allaah. Allaah wants us to be humble to other believers.

:wasalam:

abdul-aziz

:salam2:

jazakAllahkhairan; yes brother Nouman, is very gifted individual. Allah has blessed him with great insight into understanding the Quran. Out of what I understand he has read over 50 tafasir of the Quran. That is reflected in his understanding and ability to present the information very informatively.

barakaAllah fee.

I posted a story of the Sheik and the Baker that I heard sheik al-Arifi, hifthahum Allah, discuss.

sheik narrating says Allah kareem and if Allah liked you for something you do he gives barakah in everything. The hassana is noor in the face, complacency in the heart, and vastness in risk; righteousness and well behaved in offspring; and being well liked in the hearts of Man. The bad deeds causes an oppressed face, a darkness in the heart, sickness in the stomach, disobedienced offspring, and a hate in the hearts of men.

This reflects how people are drawn to people of good deeds. And brother Nouman, is a good example.

I do have a question though:

(And please don't be reluctant to answer honestly as I am asking you all this question therefor, I am capable of accepting any negative response. It will not hurt my feelings and I will make good duaa for u and myself.)

are any of the above 1st two posts above directed towards me in anyway? I need to know this is very very very important to me.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Wa'alaykummusalaam wa rahmatullah Brother Abdul Aziz,

Were you referring to my post and the OP's?

Well, I am sure a good reminder is for everyone on this board and to those who seek knowledge of the deen. But if one check in their ownselves and fear that they have such characteristics, then it is a GOOD sign.

Umaar Al-Khattab radiyallahu anhu, one of the Sahabi given the glad tidings to be among those who will SURELY enter Jannah even asked another of his Sahabi whether he sees any signs of munaafiq in himself [Umar]. Now imagine that, even a Sahabi feels very concerned about himself, then what about us?

I pray that may Allaah instill in the hearts of the students of knowledge humbleness and sincerity which will eventually seed piety and noor in the face; as you've mentioned. Ameen.

Ershad

Masha Allah!

Thank you for the reminder! It enriched my intellectual humility and made me realize again how small and insignificant I am.

Thank you. I believe in humility. I think it is not just the only reminder. Every day 5 times, we are made to realize how small we are before Allah.

Jazakallahu Khair!

Astrugglingsoul

:salam2: brothers and sisters
thank you for watching this video and for your encouraging comments
may allah make us more knowledgeable and humble at the same time, Ameen!

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamaoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuhu,

Jazaakallah khair. This was real real important. May Allaah help you out in each and every aspect of your life. Ameen.

abdul-aziz

Wa'alaykummusalaam wa rahmatullah Brother Abdul Aziz,

Were you referring to my post and the OP's?

Well, I am sure a good reminder is for everyone on this board and to those who seek knowledge of the deen. But if one check in their ownselves and fear that they have such characteristics, then it is a GOOD sign.

Umaar Al-Khattab radiyallahu anhu, one of the Sahabi given the glad tidings to be among those who will SURELY enter Jannah even asked another of his Sahabi whether he sees any signs of munaafiq in himself [Umar]. Now imagine that, even a Sahabi feels very concerned about himself, then what about us?

I pray that may Allaah instill in the hearts of the students of knowledge humbleness and sincerity which will eventually seed piety and noor in the face; as you've mentioned. Ameen.

:salam2:

In response to your response allow me to add another duaa: may Allah bless my daughter with such manners and understanding that you have. Ameen ya rabb.

barakahAllahfeekum