A void to fill

Amirah84

Bismillah

Assalamu alaykum, below is selection of ayahs, hadeeths and saying of the great imaams of the past regards to softening of the heart with beautiful word of wisdom to make us contemplate.

wa alaykum salam

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A void to fill

"Truly in the heart there is a void that can not be removed except with the company of Allah. And in it there is a sadness that can not be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him. And in it there is an emptiness that can not be filled except with love for Him and by turning to Him and always remembering Him. And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness."

Ibn Qayyim al Jawziyya.

"If a praying person knew to what extent he was surrounded by Allah's Mercy, he would never raise his head from Prostration"

Or do you think that you shall enter the garden (of bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They encountered suffering and adversity, and were so shaken in spirit that even the Apostle and those of faith who were with him cried: “When (will come) the help of God?” Ah! Verily, the help of God is (always) near!} (Al-Baqarah 2:214)

So worship only Him and continue to worship;
for do you know of any other being
that even comes close to Him? [19:65]

No vision can grasp Him, but His Grasp is over all vision. He is the Most Subtle and Courteous, WellAcquainted with all things.
-Al-Anaam 103

"And if you say anything aloud, He hears it-since, behold, He knows even the secret thoughts of man as well as all that is yet more hidden within him. God-there is no deity but Him; His alone are the attributes of perfection” 20: 7-8.

When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way.
Baqarah: 186

"He that fears Allah may be provided a way out by Him, and given sustenance from the sources he could never imagine; for Allah is all sufficient for the person who puts his trust in Him."
(Al-Quran, Chapter 65, Verses 2,3)

Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The Parable of His Light is as if there were a Niche and within it a Lamp: the Lamp enclosed in Glass: the glass as it were a brilliant star: Lit from a blessed Tree, an Olive, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil is well-nigh luminous, though fire scarce touched it: Light upon Light! Allah doth guide whom He will to His Light: Allah doth set forth Parables for men: and Allah doth know all things.

"Be like the flower that gives its fragrance to even the hand that crushes it." -Imam Ali (AS)

It was written by a 16 year old convert- Yahya Dyer

Imagine you are lost, travelling alone for days on end in the willderness, with no food, no water, no shelter, no companions - nothing. Then imagine all the difficulties you would face; great hunger, thirst, exposure to the roaring elements, aching solitude. Add on to all of that terific fear of unseen beasts, and worst of all, the tyrany of complete darkness, and you would be in quite a state. Then imagine you are no longer alone. Imagine a man comes, a man whom you have never seen before, a man whom you can neither help nor hurt, a man who owes you nothing.

Imagine he turns on the light. He gives you fire, and you can see, and you are warm, and you are safe from deadly creatures. You can make your way through the darkness. Imagine he feads you, and clothes you, and waters you. Imagine he builds for you a shelter, and joins you together with others like yourself. Imagine he provides for you, and more. Imagine this man asks you to thank him, would you? Imagine that this man asks you to use the fire you have been given to see what is good and to take from it, and to see what is bad and refrain from it.

Would you adhere to his request? Well, imagine he tells you that everything he has given you is nothing, not even a drop in the ocean, not even a blade of grass on the great green earth. Imagine he tells you of something so great, your mind cannot even comprehend its splendor. Would you want it? Imagine he tells you that all you have to do is thank him, and he will give you it all. And then imagine, just imagine, if he told you, that in order to thank him, all you had to do was whatever was best for yourself, and hold back from what was bad for you. Imagine all you had to do to get to this wonderland he has described is to keep yourself safe and well. Imagine.

You probably know where this is going, but dont shut off. If you are a person of understanding, please don't shut off. Was it not that you had nothing, and Allah (SWT) fed you? Was it not that you had nothing, and Allah (SWT) clothed you? Was it not that you had noone, and Allah (SWT) gave you 1.6 billion brothers and sisters? And above all, has Allah not given you majestic fire, Islam, as a means of guidence for you? Does Islam not give you the best of life styles? Is it not that by living this wonderful way, you will please and thank your benefactor? And is it not that by pleaseing Him (SWT), you will get Jannah, the best of resting places, and at the same time avoid the worst!!! Will you not then live in the best of ways, and thank the One who deserves to be thanked, and take your portion of the home of the faithful?!?

Allah will grant a way out for anyone who heeds Him, and
provide for him in a manner he could have never anticipated.
Allah is enough for anyone who relies on Him; Allah will
accomplish His purpose. Allah has granted everything in due
proportion.}
~ Surat Talaq 65/2-3

"Be yourself beautiful, and you will find the world full of beauty."

In a Hadith Qudsi (Sacred Hadith), the Prophet (SAWS) mentioned that Allah (SWT) said,

Myself, Mankind and Jinn are in a great serious state. I create them, then they worship other gods that they make for themselves; I bless them with my bounties, then they thank someone else for what I sent them; My Mercy descends to them while their evil deeds ascend to Me; I endear them with my gifts even though I have no need to any of them while they alienate themselves from Me with their sins even though they are desperate for my help. Whoever returns to Me, I accept him no matter how far he is; and whoever turns away from Me, I approach him and call on him.

Whoever leaves a sin for my sake, I reward him with many gifts and whoever seeks to please Me, I seek to please him. Whoever acknowledges My Will and Power in whatever he does, I make the iron bend for his sake. My dear people are those who are with Me (i.e. whoever would like to be with Me, let him supplicate to Me and remember Me). Whoever thanks Me, I grant him more blessings; whoever obeys Me, I raise him and endear him more. Whoever disobeys Me, I keep the doors of My Mercy open for him; if he returns to Me, I bestow him with My Love since I love those who repent and purify themselves for My Sake. If he does not repent, I still treat him by putting them in hardship to purify him.

Whoever favors Me over others, I favor them over others. I reward every single good deed ten times over or seven hundred times over to countless times over. I count every single bad deed as one unless the person repents and ask for My Forgiveness in which case I forgive even that one. I take into account any little good deed and I forgive even major sins. My Mercy supersedes My Anger; My Tolerance supersedes My Blame; My Forgiveness supersedes My Punishment as I am more merciful with My slaves than a mother with her child.

Speak the truth even though it be bitter. [Ibn Hibban]

'And none will you find as a refuge other than Him.'

"Do people think We will leave them saying 'we believe' and they will not be tested? Verily we have tested the people in the past so that the truthful are known and the liars are known." (Al-`Ankabut: 2-3)

"And place your trust in Allah, and Allah is enough as a guardian." 33.3

Listen to the following adhan- subhan’Allah

http://www.audioquraan.com/adhaan/turkey_adhaan.mp3

Allâhu akbar Allâhu akbar

Allâhu akbar Allâhu akbar

ash-hadu al-lââ ilâha illa-llâh

ash-hadu al-lââ ilâha illa-llâh

ash-hadu anna muhammadan rasûlu-llâh

ash-hadu anna muhammadan rasûlu-llâh

hayya ‘ala-s-salâh

hayya ‘ala-s-salâh

hayya ‘ala-l-falâh

hayya ‘ala-l-falâh

Allâhu akbar, Allâhu akbar

lââ ilâha illa-llâh
God is the Greatest! God is the Greatest

I witness that there is no god but God

I witness that there is no god but God

I witness that Muhammad is the messenger of God

I witness that Muhammad is the messenger of God

Come to the prayer.

Come to the prayer.

Come to success.

Come to success.

There is no god but God

palestine

Servant of Allah
wow this is great. mashallah. i know the reply is late but it was awesome! especiallyt he 16 yr old story. salam