a wishing and a dreaming

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Dear brothers and sisters,

I think we need a light thread. I am sitting here sweltering. We had unexpected heat here high up in the mountains. We were given a repreive with a thunderstorm, but it was too late. My body melted five hours ago.
I have read all day long. I have been on the computer...my sons are allowing me to use their computer..they are glued to a PS3 and I am broke!!!!
And all I think about is ice cream. I am craving a banana split with loads of whipped cream and a couple of cherries on top.
If I was twenty years younger I would get into my car and drive to the nearest ice-cream parlor; a drive-thru and sit and eat it in my car..but I am too old and lazy so I will dream of ice cream
I bid my brothers and sisters good night.

palestine

Servant of Allah
sister miraj what do you mean a light thread? and i hope you'll feel better inshallah. asalamu alaykum.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Baby girl...I am fine..just craving ice cream and too lazy to do anything about it. Light thread is simply having a subject that is simple and fun. Sometimes in life we need to take a moment that is not serious...it gives us energy to fight the battles of life.

whitehijab

:salam2:

i just finished my class alhamdulillah. i love ais cream too, a lot!!! but i'm on diet now so hv to becareful on what i'm eating hehe
i wish to meet my family. i miss them soo much :girl3:
and u know what, i got a lot of invitation cards from my friends for their weeding and engagement day next month. but i'm the only still studying and have nobody....so wish and dream to meet with someone pious and loving who can be my Imam insyaAllah. please pray for me :hijabi:

:wasalam:
:muslim_child:

amirah80

*Fear Allah*
:salam2:

Yummy! I love ice cream too.:SMILY149: I ate 3 klondike bar stoday.:( I should be ashamed but I love those klondikes :)

I am wishing and dreaming I could get a weekend break from the children:muslim_child: and cleaning :dishes: so I can enjoy myself at the movies with the hubby and go out to a restaurant.:hearts:

Well it was nice wishing and dreaming because it is not happening anytime soon. I am in a new state and of course I am not leaving the kids with anyone.:)

Salam Amirah80:hearts:

palestine

Servant of Allah
Salaam,

Baby girl...I am fine..just craving ice cream and too lazy to do anything about it. Light thread is simply having a subject that is simple and fun. Sometimes in life we need to take a moment that is not serious...it gives us energy to fight the battles of life.

oh alright. ok it may be off topic but it's amazing: I was making khutbah/lecture for the girls in the masjid on sunday. they're around my age and so i was trying to advice them to be good sisters...anyways we were talking about hijab and so and giving examples. one of my friends gives an example from her real life about hijab, she said: one day i was walking with a friend of mine and we happen to pass by a guy who is not so righteous. at the time i didn't wear proper hijab, so the guy says to me: "hey, can i get your number?". the next day she wore hijab and walked by the same guy and he says to her: "asalamu alaykum sister".

i started asking the girls if they felt free when they wore hijab, most of them said no. we explained and explained the importance of hijab and went deep down to the core of it to try and help the girl's understand. so i told you of my friends incident because we were trying to make a point to the girls that even gangesters and bad guys still want a righteous girl so that they can have a wife who is loyal to them. just thought i'd share, i'm thinking that this was not simple or fun. but i find it to be fun. weird right? asalamu alaykum.