about sport

sanya

Asalamu alaikum!
Is muslim can visit public swiming pool or gym clubs. I know women can't but what about men?

sanya

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Asalamu alaikum!
Is muslim can visit public swiming pool or gym clubs. I know women can't but what about men?

sanya

When you are alone then you might go , but how about all those men who come for swimming in a 2X2'' piece of cloth, i.e. underwear???

Secondly, those nonbelievers dont use water in washroom for cleaning. So they must be feeling it ok to give there '#@$' a dip in the pool water.

Thirdly, in nonmuslims, there is no concept of urine or semen as unclean so they would simply wipe their body part with tissue of cloth and will come to jump in the pool.

Now you would think, 'What the heck, I cant swim?'.
Then I would ask, 'What do you think? Is it that easy to live among the nonMuslims in a nonIslamic coutry? and is it a joke to take it so easy?'
Its tough or almost impossible to practice you deen in full and at the same time live among infidels. That is why many Muslims are thinking to migrate to Islamic countries.

(oh, btw you are a sister, My answer was for a MAN who is wishing to jump in a pool :D)

Wasslaam,
VE

Asalamu alaikum!

sanya

same rules sister or?
are we allowed to see girls with swimmming coustum in swimming pool?
or also in gym to look boys with half pants?

i dont think so

umm ayub

The ruling is the same for men and women, if there is music or freemixing or other haraam, then it is not allowed.
Women may go to swimming pools or gyms only if the following conditions are met:

- there are no men present at all.
- there are no cctv cameras.
- all women cover their 'awrah, they must be covered from their shoulders(chest) to their knees.
- the clothing must not be tight or fitted

And exactly the same thing applies for men:
- there are no women present
- everyones awrah from naval to knees is covered
- the clothing must not be tight or fitted

And Allah Knows Best.
--------------------------------------------------------

umm ayub

Question:
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullah
Are Women allowed to swim in a secluded place together?
If yes. How are they supposed to dress as any dress will stick to the body when wet. Please explain in detail
Wassalaam

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Anything that could be a source of temptation among women must be prevented. So their swimming in clothes that do not cover their ‘awrah (parts of the body which must be covered) properly because they stick to the body is something that is not allowed. If they swim in clothes that cover them, in a place far from the gaze of men, and cover themselves as soon as they come out of the water so that others will not see them in clothes that show the shape or colour of their ‘awrah, then there is nothing wrong with this so long as they adhere to the shar’i conditions. And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref=1075&ln=eng&txt=swimming

sanya

Salam,
I understand about women, but what about man? My husband visited swiming pool (hope dont do it agane) & gym club. The same time there are lots of women in gym club wich showing the beauty of they bodys. And more...he taking with him to gym his nonmuslim friend and his(friend) girlfriend. What i have to think about all it?? Why he should visit gym? Is too many ways how to keep yourself in good form-running, cycling, he has dumbbells at home. May be he looking 4 somethink else in gym??

sanya

;)

Salam,
I understand about women, but what about man? My husband visited swiming pool (hope dont do it agane) & gym club. The same time there are lots of women in gym club wich showing the beauty of they bodys. And more...he taking with him to gym his nonmuslim friend and his(friend) girlfriend. What i have to think about all it?? Why he should visit gym? Is too many ways how to keep yourself in good form-running, cycling, he has dumbbells at home. May be he looking 4 somethink else in gym??

When you are alone then you might go , but how about all those men who come for swimming in a 2X2'' piece of cloth, i.e. underwear???

Secondly, those nonbelievers dont use water in washroom for cleaning. So they must be feeling it ok to give there '#@$' a dip in the pool water.

Thirdly, in nonmuslims, there is no concept of urine or semen as unclean so they would simply wipe their body part with tissue of cloth and will come to jump in the pool.

Now you would think, 'What the heck, I cant swim?'.
Then I would ask, 'What do you think? Is it that easy to live among the nonMuslims in a nonIslamic coutry? and is it a joke to take it so easy?'
Its tough or almost impossible to practice you deen in full and at the same time live among infidels. That is why many Muslims are thinking to migrate to Islamic countries.

(oh, btw you are a sister, My answer was for a MAN who is wishing to jump in a pool :D)

Wasslaam,
VE

No, you was righy in your answer.I understand about women, but what about man? My husband went to swimingpool (hope no more) but now he visit public gym where non muslim women showing they body beauties. And he take with him nonmuslim friend and his (friend) girlfriend for company. Is too many ways how to keep yourself in good form! Cicling, running, walking, he has dumbbells at home e.c. Hmm....what i have to think??

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
No, you was righy in your answer.I understand about women, but what about man? My husband went to swimingpool (hope no more) but now he visit public gym where non muslim women showing they body beauties. And he take with him nonmuslim friend and his (friend) girlfriend for company. Is too many ways how to keep yourself in good form! Cicling, running, walking, he has dumbbells at home e.c. Hmm....what i have to think??

Sister, it is the maximum effort of the shaytaan to distract your husband towards those women, :D. BUT at the same time, it is maximum effort of the shaytaan that you lose trust on your husband.

It is better you keep your trust on your husband and you must be better knowing what kind of person he is. Does he stair at women when walking along with you? If he does not care enough about women then you should not be losing trust on him. On the other hand , it is better for your husband to at least go to that part of gym where he can not see the women. Otherwise it is always forbidden to practice in the gym in between the chicas, :D.

If the girl friend of his friend stays away in gym and women use gym in some separate area then he can keep himself to his exercise, otherwise ofcourse those women would be showing their beauties if they are near to your husband, :).

You can ask if there is some difference in the gym or all men and women play around here and there.

Wasslaam,
VE