About to be a new Muslim and brother

asim wood

Asalaamalakum,

I am very proud to say I have chosen to make my life better by choosing to convert to Islam and learn the teachings of Allah through the glorious Qur'an. My background starts off that I am a white man who grew up in a small town and was baptised Catholic. I never went to church and never was a practising Catholic or Christian but I always believed in God and always wanted to have religeon in my life but never had the opportunity to have anyone help guide me to learn more about religeon.

I met a great family in January who are Muslim and they have taught me many things about being Muslim and why being Muslim is important to them and the differences between Islam, and Christianity, and I have never felt so good about making the decision to convert and live a Muslim life here in Canada. I have many friends who are Muslim and my friend Abdul is very excited to spend time with me helping me out, and so is the family I talked about previously, to teach me how to pray and how to talk to Allah and how to live life with greater morals than I already have.

I know a few of the phrases but not all of them yet, like I know greeting and responses, but I don't know when to use them all the time with fellow Muslim's but I will learn. Learning is what I'm very excited about!

I will let you all know when the big day happens in th enext couple weeks once I'm comfortable enough to goto the Mosque to convert to the beautiful religeon Islam.

Thank you,

Jeff Asim Wood

massi

:SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

inam1971

Dear Brother Asim,

:salam2:

Welcome to TTI, and to this wonderful way of life,
hope you'll great new friends here

:SMILY252:

salahdin

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Welcome to ISLAM may ALLAH the Knower of the Invisible and the Visible the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One, Peace, the Keeper of Faith, the Guardian, the Majestic, the Compeller, the Superb guide you to the straight path and make it easy for you bro AMIN

fma6

Thirsty4Knowledge
Welcome

Asalamo Alaykom Wa Ra7matullahi Wa Barakatuh
British Columbia is rich with Muslims....you are lucky brother...Welcome home brother Jeff....Islam is a religion of peace intended for all of mankind:)

fma6

Thirsty4Knowledge
Welcome

Asalaamalakum,

I am very proud to say I have chosen to make my life better by choosing to convert to Islam and learn the teachings of Allah through the glorious Qur'an. My background starts off that I am a white man who grew up in a small town and was baptised Catholic. I never went to church and never was a practising Catholic or Christian but I always believed in God and always wanted to have religeon in my life but never had the opportunity to have anyone help guide me to learn more about religeon.

I met a great family in January who are Muslim and they have taught me many things about being Muslim and why being Muslim is important to them and the differences between Islam, and Christianity, and I have never felt so good about making the decision to convert and live a Muslim life here in Canada. I have many friends who are Muslim and my friend Abdul is very excited to spend time with me helping me out, and so is the family I talked about previously, to teach me how to pray and how to talk to Allah and how to live life with greater morals than I already have.

I know a few of the phrases but not all of them yet, like I know greeting and responses, but I don't know when to use them all the time with fellow Muslim's but I will learn. Learning is what I'm very excited about!

I will let you all know when the big day happens in th enext couple weeks once I'm comfortable enough to goto the Mosque to convert to the beautiful religeon Islam.

Thank you,

Jeff Asim Wood

This is wonderful news. If you need any help or if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.

Check out this website for fruitful information...

http://www.daralmadinah.com/new_muslim.html

and since you live near SFU...you can drop by the InterFaith Center there where you can meet some other Muslim brothers who would be more than willing to help you out:)

shari

Brother
:salam2:

Well Brother I'll say don't wait for a second what to talk about couples of weeks because we don't have a granted couple of week life. So come to the truth today.

Anyway congrats and welcome to Islam

louly_sweet

Sub Han Allah
Salamo Alikom dear brother,
Welcome to TTI family.
May Allah guide you to Him & strengthen your faith.
May you always be blessed with the company of good muslim brothers to help you in your new life.
Hopefully, we'll hear the great news very soon.
Salamo Alikom

Mumin01

Alhamdu lilahi Rab Al Alimeen ( All praise is due to God Lord of the Universe)

i am really happy for you mean, and let me to you, i started to actually practice Islam a couple of years ago, there is no other way of life like it and there is no other way of achieving peace in a human beings life, this is what i swear is true

Haven't they looked at the sky above them: how We structured it and made it beautiful and how there are no fissures in it? And the Earth: how We stretched it out and cast firmly embedded mountains onto it and caused luxuriant plants of every kind to grow in it, an instruction and a reminder for every penitent human being. (Surah Qaf: 6-8)

nizar83

selemu aleikum

welcome brother, im very proud of you and im swearing to you brother..YOU HAVE MADE THE BEST CHOICE!

many converts tend to lose some of their friends when they convert to islam..for whatever reason..dont let this sadden you...because even though you may lose some friends...you WILL GAIN A LOT OF BROTHERS AND SISTERS inshaallah!!!