About water

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
:salam2:

What is Tahuur water? And if a small amount of filth falls into water, and does not change its color, smell, or taste, can you use it for wadu???Thankxx

:wasalam::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

aelshamy

All water as long as it is not changed is tahour. and tahour means that it is taher and mutahher : taher (clean) in itself and mutahher (cleaning, cleaner or qualified for cleaning ) other things

arabian4islam

What is Tahuur water? And if a small amount of filth falls into water, and does not change its color, smell, or taste, can you use it for wadu???Thankxx

:wasalam::hearts::hearts::hearts::hearts:

water has been created tahoor (ref surat al-Anfal).
Unless if najasah falls into it & changes it’s taste, colour or smell, in which case one cannot perform ablution with it because it has become najis.
(Allah A3lam)
:wasalam:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

What you said is correct, as long as it doesn't change the three properties you stated.

Abu.Amirah

Assalamu aleikum,

I remember one time i was asked the question..."whats the diff btw...clean water and twahur water?
As to me i said it was all the same...but then i was told its not correct clean water is pure and one can drink as to twahur water can be pure but not clean to drink.I dont remember the terms used in Arabic. Okay maybe I can gv example to explain better ....KULLATAIN water like used here in some old mosque the water is clean and people take wudhu in it but can one drink it?

Well for those who dont kno wat kullatain means ....

Materials for istinjah: Water and solid cleansers are used. The solids may be paper, stones (istijmar MB#124), or other plant material. Human bones and material known to be najasat are not allowed (MB#125, BG#88, 89). A solid is used first followed by water (BG#93). Water is the universal and best cleanser (MB#117, 121, 122, BG#1,2,3). Other liquids like milk or vinegar can not be used for cleansing. Water that has been used already in wudhu or cleaning najasat, mau musta'mal, is not usable in istinjah because it could transfer infection. Water that has any filth dumped into it can not be used for cleansing if it is less than 216 liters (kullatain). This is based on the premise that a lot of water does not become najasat (al mau al kathiir la yanjis). It is not usable if there are easily visible signs of pollution such as change of colour, taste or smell even if it is more than 216 liters. We can extrapolate and say that water that appears normal and is more than 216 liters should not be used if bacterial assays indicate that it has more than the allowable coliform concentration.

Jazakallahu kheir...

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

Tahuur water is that is used for purifying. Examples from rain, rivers, etc... :)

Wasalam Amirah80