Abstaining From Discussions On Internet Forums – Shaykh ‘Abdul-’Azeez al-Bura’ee

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
:bismillah1:

A good and wise advice for us forumers, Mashaa Allaah.

[Transcript] Abstaining from discussions on internet forums
Shaykh ‘Abdul-’Azeez al-Bura’ee

Questioner:

May Allaah reward you with good, may He bless you and may He be good towards you. The third question says: ”What is the correct way to spread authentic knowledge and abstain from getting involved in fitan (trials, calamities, tribulations) on internet forums? May Allaah bless you.”

Shaykh ‘Abdul-’Azeez al-Bura’ee:

The way — may Allaah bless you — is that the student of knowledge occupies himself with scientific researches. Scientific researches in fiqh, ‘aqeedah and tafseer, yes. He gathers a topic for us and discusses its proofs. He puts forth questions and comes with its answers from the words of the scholars. He brings the problems of the community and comes with its answers from the Words of Allaah, the words of His Messenger — salla Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam — and the words of the scholars and the likes. He occupies himself with beneficial researches.

He doesn’t occupy himself with the internet, in such a manner that he keeps reading articles and that he comments on this and on that, disputing with so and so and a discussion with so and so. And he adds a statement and so and so adds a statement, from day to day to day. And he has a discussion going on this website and a discussion on a second, third and fourth website and he always needs to look what they answered on this website and on that website… This is a labyrinth, may Allaah bless you, a labyrinth!! This never ends. This is a labyrinth that never ends! Occupy yourself instead with scientific researches. If you really have to write on the internet: place good articles, yes. Whoever wants knowledge, goes to it. And they have to be short articles, not long and tiresome. They have to be beneficial. Like this, may Allaah bless you. If the topic has several parts, then give each part a name so the reader may yearn for it and so that it doesn’t get too long for him. In this you will find benefit with the permission of Allaah. May Allaah bless you.

Source: http://salaf-us-saalih.com/2013/02/...rums-shaykh-abdul-azeez-al-buraee-transcript/

:wasalam:

finding light

Ya Rab! Forgive me..
Asalamuaykum,

JazakAllah Khair for sharing. This applies to many topics here on TTI that I have come across.
But not to argue or anything, sometimes, in some cases, discussion is needed in order to learn, especially when there are so many different "authentic" points of view.
I surely would not have found the true Islam if it wasnt for reading debated refruting my former belief system.
so in some cases, its helpful.