Accountable for our thoughts?

Mumin01

As Salamo alekum wa Rahmat Allahi was Barakatu i hope this finds everyone in good health and iman insha Allah

I have a question that i hope someone here would be able to clarify

Are Muslims accountable for the whisperings that flash across my mind

There are times when thoughts such as shirk or kufr enter my mind, such things as " This is Allah" or " this is Allah's son" Authubillah

Always i assert Allah subhanahu wa tala'a's oneness and complete indepedance of his creatures and i continualy recitre Surah al Ikhlas and i say La Illaha ill Allah muhammad rasul Allah

so my question is are these evil whisperings going to be taken into account by Allah SWT? I read that in a hadith Qudsi that Allah SWT says that he "I in the opinion of my servant" and my opinion of him is that he is kind, forgiving, and that he wont take me to account for things i am struggling to obliterate in my mind such as these whispering and that they shall be pardoned since they are neither words nor actions nor do i believe in them

If someone could please help me id greatly appreciate it

As Salamo Alekum

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I came across this on isalmonline.net. It is not exactly what you asked.:

As-salamu `alaykum. If a person utters some words that are related to blasphemy or atheism without having a bad intention, what should he do and how should he repent? Jazakum Allahu Khayran
Wa `alaykum as-salamu wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear brother, we would like to thank you for the great confidence you place in us, and we implore Allah Almighty to help us serve His cause and render our work for His Sake.

A Muslim should always seek to control his tongue and not utter any words that imply blasphemy or atheism. He has to keep close to Almighty Allah at all times and never indulge in bad or blasphemous talk. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) warned Muslims against slips of the tongue that may lead them to be punished in the Hereafter.

A person who unintentionally utters blasphemous words or statements should seriously repent and seek Allah's forgiveness. Such grave words should not be taken lightly.

In his response to your question, Sheikh Mohamed El-Moctar El-Shinqiti, Director of the Islamic Center of South Plains, Lubbock, Texas , states:

Almighty Allah says: [Anyone who, after accepting Faith in Allah, utters Unbelief, - except under compulsion, his heart remaining firm in Faith - but such as open their breast to Unbelief, on them is Wrath from Allah, and theirs will be a dreadful Penalty.] (An-Nahl 16: 106)

Based on this Qur'anic verse, nobody would become a kafir (unbeliever) unless he or she intends to be. This does not mean that speaking or uttering words of disbelief is a minor issue; it is actually a major sin that should not be taken lightly or as a subject of humor and jesting. Any person who has spoken any word(s) of disbelief, must repent to Almighty Allah and seek forgiveness for the sin he or she has committed.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/...nglish-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaEAskTheScholar

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
I think I found your answer, Bro, and it's no you're not accountable as long as you don't act on what you're thinking.

Dear brother in Islam!

I have problems with evil thoughts. Thoughts that I don't want to say because they are too serious and dangerous. If I say them it will be kufr (disbelief). Sometimes I feel that I really search after these thoughts and think about them voluntarily. And sometimes I start to feel that I don't believe in the trials in the grave, the Day of Judgment and so on. What should I do? I need your help.
Thank you.

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful. We praise Allah and ask His peace and blessings upon His Prophet Muhammad, his family and his companions.

Dear Brother, we thank Allah for sending you to our site seeking help for this distressing problem. We ask Allah to give assurance to your heart when you are being rightly guided.

We are reminded that a person cannot control the whispers of his desires or suspicions that come to his mind. Nevertheless, he should not speak of them nor act on them. The Prophet (may Allah's peace and blessing be upon him) is reported to have said: "Allah does not hold my nation accountable for the whispers of their desires as long as they do not talk according to them or act according to them." (Muslim)

What comes to one's thoughts and desires which a person considers as great sins and is afraid to speak of, or believe in is an indication of his true belief. When it was related to the Prophet (may Allah's peace and blessing be upon him) that some of his companions told him that they found in themselves desires which they considered great and too serious to mention, he asked if it were true. When they confirmed it, he (may Allah's peace and blessing be upon him) said: "That is the true Iman." (Muslim)

So, dear brother, be assured that your Iman is intact, and that you are experiencing what many of our righteous predecessors endured. Strive harder in the cause of Allah, remembering Allah much, increasing your good deeds, etc.

Also, you may recite du'as to help you, such as "Our Lord! Let not our hearts deviate (from the truth) after You have guided us, and grant us mercy from You. Truly, You are the Bestower" (Holy Qur'an, 3:8). "Our Lord! Bestow on us mercy from Your presence and dispose of our affairs for us in the right way" (Holy Qur'an, 18:10). "Our Lord! In You (alone) we put our trust, and to You (alone) we turn in repentance, and to You (alone) is (our) final Return" (Holy Qur'an, 60:8). "Our Lord! Perfect our light for us and forgive us our sins, forgive us our sins. Verily, You are Able to do all things" (Holy Qur'an, 66:8).

Brother, as human beings we often need to be reminded that we are imperfect and that only Allah is Perfect, and He reminds us that we need to call upon Him.

We pray that Allah lets us love Him as He deserves to be loved, that we fear Him as He deserves to be feared, and that He protects us from all that prevents us from such.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Thanks greatly for that fatwa ShanazZ Baji, and you too for your effort Ammi. May he multiply both of your Ajr in Jannah by the ten thousands, may he find a pious and rightous companion in life for both of you, may he give you love, harmony, and tranquility in this world, and the hereafter, Ameen. And for all other borthers and sisters who have kind hearts like you too, and who are steadfast, Ameen.

And may Allah Ta Alla protect me from sins, hypocrisy, and many shortcomings, Ameen. All three of these things that I feel I have, sadly......:( *silent tears from eyes*

Mumin01

Alhamdulillahi Rabb Al Alameen

Thank you sister Shahnaaz so much, and im really happy i came across this statement

"What comes to one's thoughts and desires which a person considers as great sins and is afraid to speak of, or believe in is an indication of his true belief"

i am really glad to know now that those whispering are actually going to show my iman rather than deteroate it

I really feel good now and thank you, may Allah azzawajal protect us all from whisperings and from evil

ameen

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
:salam2: Brother Abdul Haseeb,

You made me feel at home by your words "Shenaaz BAJI and AMMI", it feels like I am sitting with my family :)

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
^LoL Assalamu Alykum brother Mohsin. Mashallah my Urdu talking made you feel better, it's weird, because all I do is just say some one thing, and then many people are affected by it and feel better and their Eman rises, Mashallah, everything is in the hands of Allah Ta Alla, it's like the story of Abu Zhaar (RA). He met with Rasullah (SAW) for only some time in Mecca, and then when he went to his tribe of Al Gifaar on the order of Rasullah (SAW) to give Dawah to his people, all of them took Shahadah, Allahu Akbar. And not only did they embrace Islam, but also their rival tribe too, Allahu Akbar Subhannahu Wa Ta Alla Azza Wajjal Al Akbar Wa Al Azheeman. :)

And Abu Zhaar (RA) only spent time with Rasullah (SAW) in Mecca for a short period of time, so he only learnt a few Ayaat and some Haadith, but when he went to give Dawah, his whole tribe of Al Gifaar, and their rival tribe, embraced Islam. And Al Gifaar was an evil tribe too, that lived on Sustenance by raiding and looting caravaans that they came across, and they would still fight even during the four months of peace that the Arabeyans followed.

But this story goes to show you, that you shouldn't always see a simple act of Ebadah to be small, even if you might think that it's the size of a date seed, it can become into a really great deed that you have done, and a deed that pleases Allah Ta Alla greatly.

And another thing this story teaches you is about how Abu Zhaar (RA) planted the seeds of Islam in his tribe, and Allah Ta Alla made that small tiny seed become a great oak tree, and that is what Abu Zhar (RA) was, a small seed that Allah Ta Alla grew into a great large tree, that benefitted many, Allahu Akbar. :)

Story derived from Imam Ahmed ibn Habal (Rahmatulah Alyh), and special thanks to Imam Anwar Al Awlaki, the one who I learned Seerah of Rasullah (SAW) and this story from, May Allah Ta Alla multiply their Ajr in Jannah by the Hundred Thousands, Ameen. :)

And I'm just a bit curious brother Mohsin, but, Kya App Pakistani Hain? Meye Urdu Naheen Bolta, but I'm learning it little by little and I've started to bring it's purpose into practice too, and that's by actually speaking it instead of only learning it, but one day I'll be fluent in it, and will be able to speak it with a fluent accent like how I am in some Arabic, Inshallah, :)

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
^And what's so funny about that, brother Daywalker?

HuH? HuH? Yeah bra..............what's good now?...................LoL. :lol:

LoL I didn't know you were Pakistani brother daywalker, like 70% of the brothers and sisters on TTI are, LoL :) but Mashallah. :)

Amtullah

Servant of Allah
Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

Abu Hurairah (radiAllahu anhu) narrates:
That Allah's Messenger (salAllahu alayhi wa-salaam) said, "Allah has forgiven my followers for the evil thoughts that occur in their minds, as long as such thoughts are not put into action or uttered." [Bukhari : vol. 7]

As-salaamu'alaykum