Addressing people as LORD

in the united kingdom there are various ways to upgrade your status to LORD. it is achieved by first being recognized for some contribution to a specific industry then later you are titled SIR, for example sir Alex Ferguson, sir Alan Sugar.
I might be coming into contact with some one titled Lord. This will be at a meeting with hundreds of people addressing him as LORD.
I have searched the whole internet, including many islam -qa sites whether or not i am allowed to address this man as LORD "name".
in a last minute desperation act i have posted my question here. also please do not recommend me to simply avoid this man as its a very important career option that i will face.
i do understand this friendly community does not consists of many scholars but backing up of your answer from quran and hadith would be highly appreciated.
jazak Allah khair.

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

(Al-Imran 3) Say (O Muhammad SAW): "O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians): Come to a word that is just between us and you, that we worship none but Allâh (Alone), and that we associate no partners with Him, and that none of us shall take others as lords besides Allâh[]. Then, if they turn away, say: "Bear witness that we are Muslims." (64)

I think this verse alone answers your question.

palestine

Servant of Allah
When i was studying arabic, we learned the word rab which is used in various ways. of course it means lord, but in our arabic class we were taught that someone can refer to the father of the house as the "lord of the house" not meaning God or creator but meaning head of the house. so i dont know about this one though. i would suggest that you just kindly tell him that you may not be able to address him that way.