advice needed

sana2230

salam brothers and sisters,

I need some sincere advice on something.

alhamdullilah, Allah has blessed me with a lot of good things in the past, a good upbringing, good education and my parents always strove to give me the best in life. But a couple years ago I was at a cross roads when it came to choosing my career path. And despite my desires I ended up choosing something that I did not like. Everyone who cared about me said it was the best thing that could have happened to me but I always struggled to accept this gift from Allah. As a result of my ingratitude I felt that there were many things related to this career path that have been denied to me.

I just wanted to know if someone fails to appreciate allah's blessings, then does she repent from such an act and regain those blessings that were denied in the first place?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

In the Quran we have examples of those who repented and are given opportunity over and over again.

Your question is difficult. Do you really want the same things as you had in the past? When we repent and are given blessings they are usually different in nature. We have proven ourselves thus what we wanted in the past is the past.

As the blessings of Allah flow appreciate the rewards. In my humble experience they have been of a different nature. You grow in faith and the blessings are given in accordance with the depth of faith.

Precious Star

I know you have regrets but rarely do we get an opportunity to re-live the past. With repentance you can achieve a sense of acceptance and then work on creating new opportunities for yourself with God's help. Although many of the Prophets were "re-blessed" so to speak after trials, the reality is we are not the same status as the Holy Prophets, who were chosen by Allah to lead extraordinary lives.

I know it hurts to know you may have missed out on something you wanted quite badly. I struggle with that every day in my own life. But remember you will get whatever is destined for you. Either in this life, or, the next.

sana2230

jazakallah sisters, Only what is written in my destiny will manifest itself in this world whether I like it or not. I just need to learn how accept it and live with it