Advice to the bride/wife Umama bint al-Harith

Asiya-sparkles

The Healthy Attitude of a muslim wife [Umama bint al-Harith]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

truly wise words transmitted from a mother to her daughter, at the time of marriage a door is closing and we step into the unknown territory of being a wife. The first weeks will be a time for discovery, observing, asking & learning about individual habits, preferences & how we can best complement each other. A beautiful summary of instruction from Umama bint al-Harith:

"I'm telling you this not because you are in need of refinement, rather it is a reminder for the unaware and an aid for the wise. Verily my daughter, you are about to leave the common surroundings of your upbringing and go to a new home with a companion you are not familiar with, who has become your overseer.
Be a slave to him, he will be a slave to you. Hold fast to ten things and they will be of service to you:
Submit to him with contentment,

Listen well to him and obey,

Never let his eyes fall on something ugly - be it in your appearance or your behaviour,

Never let his nose smell anything from you but a pleasant scent,

Take care of his sleep time. Do not disturb him, for it will make him angry.

Take care of his hunger, because the discomfort will make him irritable.

Take care of his money and manage it well!

Take care of his children and manage them well.

Neither ignore his instructions nor divulge his secrets. If you defy his directions, he will hold malice against you. If you disclose his secrets, you will never be safe from his treachery.

Finally, do not appear elated when you find him disheartened and do not let him find you depressed when you find him raptorous."

InshAllah a wonderful timeless gift, for me first and you my sisters :) (the nature of man does not change)