After Death

colleen.eha

Salam Alayquam and Hello all,
I am curious about what happens to us after death.

My father died a few years ago, and every once in a while, I feel that he is around. I think he sends me signals and love.
Is this okay?

I don't really know much about islamic beliefs other than what to do during life and about judgement. But what about in the middle?

My father was Baptist and wasn't a very good man when he was drinking, but the most loving, proud, and giving father when he wasn't. I've forgiven him, and I've read the Qur'an for blessings in his name (inshAllah).

Can anyone help me?

I want to see him in heaven one day, inshAllah!

Thanks.

user expired!

:salam2:

If your father died without receiving the message of Islam there is hope for him, but if he was given the message and refused then he is going to hell like the rest of the non-muslims.

For more information on the Hereafter or life after death (the islamic perspective) you can download lectures online from many different places such as islambase.

here is a video on paradise-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbOAZ-b6SBE&feature=player_embedded

This lecture series is quite indepth-

http://islambase.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=181

(just click download)

ssister

Salam Alayquam and Hello all,
I am curious about what happens to us after death.

My father died a few years ago, and every once in a while, I feel that he is around. I think he sends me signals and love.
Is this okay?

I don't really know much about islamic beliefs other than what to do during life and about judgement. But what about in the middle?

My father was Baptist and wasn't a very good man when he was drinking, but the most loving, proud, and giving father when he wasn't. I've forgiven him, and I've read the Qur'an for blessings in his name (inshAllah).

Can anyone help me?

I want to see him in heaven one day, inshAllah!

Thanks.

:salam2:
Well in the Quran Allah (SWT) says

" Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve." 2:62

so not all non-muslims will enter hell
Inshallah