ahhh!MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

al-islam

ASLAMUALIKUM
a lot of people dont know that music is haram but some people say that music and quran cannot be joined in the same heart so is it haram for me to put both music and quran in my ipod
:salam2:

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
Wa'alaikum Salaam,

Music is haram in any form and with anything, if you know music is haram then how come you are putting it on your iPod?

PSPdude

Its quite sad to see some people think music is haram . If it is then why saudia arabia allows in its country . Iran is somehow a good muslim country and ahmedbinjad is secular muslim , but still there are music industries in iran . And Ive heard sheikhs speaking about those rap songs that they used to hear and still hear .

So clearly your assumption is wrong :astag:

Musulmanin

I listen to music and it has not affected my faith alhamdulilah

:salam2: PSPdude

Then please answer a simple question: Do you think people should follow your example ? or the

example of the Prophet (s.a.w.)?

Brother, it is your assumption is wrong about thinking that if some states ( that are known to

be not fully Islamic) allow music it is allowed for muslims. Do your own research. InshAllah you'll find the answer.

wasalam

Ghareebah

Bint Abdulkadir
Its quite sad to see some people think music is haram . If it is then why saudia arabia allows in its country . Iran is somehow a good muslim country and ahmedbinjad is secular muslim , but still there are music industries in iran . And Ive heard sheikhs speaking about those rap songs that they used to hear and still hear .

salam alaykum

where is your evidence that it is halal from the quran and sunnah? and where in saudi arabia do they play music? a country that does not even allow women to walk outside with out a niqab, allows music ...i dont think so

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi

As-salaamu'alaikum,
Astaghfirullah brother, there is a seriously authentic hadith on it. Music is haram, but some Muslims try making seem halal which then ends up with brothers and sisters getting into it without looking at what the Qur'an says or the advice of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (sallAllahu 'alaihi wasalaam).

Take care akhi.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member

As-salaamu `alaykum.

Akhi that is very weak reasoning. We don't judge by what people or countries do, we judge by the Qur'aan, the Sunnah and the mutual agreement of the Islamic scholars on an issue. Saudi Arabia or any Muslim country at that, if they allow music then that doesn't necessitate its permissibility in the religion. However, we know that it is haraam as Allaah spoke about it in the Qur'aan in surah Luqmaan (in ayah 13 I believe). The companions and the early scholars of Islaam, none from amongst them disagreed that the ayah was in reference to the impermissibility of music. The only exception to this prohibition is the use of the duff, a one sided drum, permitted to be used by women on waleemah (wedding) festivals. There is also an authentic hadeeth in Sunan Ibn Maajah, in the chapter on trials and fitan, wherein it is stated that those who make music permissible will be turned into apes and swine, or simply destroyed in the Earth (by being swallowd up).

I listen to music and it has not affected my faith alhamdulilah

Akhi, that is impossible according to the texts of the Qur'aan and Sunnah. It is said that any sin wherein a punishment has been mentioned for/attached to it, is a major sin. The major sins harm anyone's faith, even though they may not perceive it. And from the above paragraph, you can see inshaa' Allaah that music does have a punishment attached to it, hence the scholars consider it a major sin. Faith in `Arabic is known as Eemaan, and it increases and decreases. It increases with obedience to Allaah, and decreases with trangressions/sins. Saying that your faith hasn't been harmed because of your listening to music is like someone saying that murder, or drinking alcohol hasn't harmed their faith. You may be mixing up faith with yaqeen, or certainty; i.e. your certainty in Laa ilaha ila Allaah Muhammad ar-Rasool Allaah. Allah said in the Qur'aan,

Those (i.e. believers) unto whom the people (hypocrites) said, "Verily, the people (pagans) have gathered against you (a great army), therefore, fear them." But it (only) increased them in Faith, and they said: "Allâh (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs (for us)."
Aali Imran (3):173

The believers are only those who, when Allâh is mentioned, feel a fear in their hearts and when His Verses (this Qur'ân) are recited unto them, they (i.e. the Verses) increase their Faith; and they put their trust in their Lord (Alone);
Al-Anfal (8):2​

I hope this helps.

Was-salaam

PSPdude

As-salaamu `alaykum.

Akhi that is very weak reasoning. We don't judge by what people or countries do, we judge by the Qur'aan, the Sunnah and the mutual agreement of the Islamic scholars on an issue. Saudi Arabia or any Muslim country at that, if they allow music then that doesn't necessitate its permissibility in the religion. However, we know that it is haraam as Allaah spoke about it in the Qur'aan in surah Luqmaan (in ayah 13 I believe). The companions and the early scholars of Islaam, none from amongst them disagreed that the ayah was in reference to the impermissibility of music. The only exception to this prohibition is the use of the duff, a one sided drum, permitted to be used by women on waleemah (wedding) festivals. There is also an authentic hadeeth in Sunan Ibn Maajah, in the chapter on trials and fitan, wherein it is stated that those who make music permissible will be turned into apes and swine, or simply destroyed in the Earth (by being swallowd up).

Akhi, that is impossible according to the texts of the Qur'aan and Sunnah. It is said that any sin wherein a punishment has been mentioned for/attached to it, is a major sin. The major sins harm anyone's faith, even though they may not perceive it. And from the above paragraph, you can see inshaa' Allaah that music does have a punishment attached to it, hence the scholars consider it a major sin. Faith in `Arabic is known as Eemaan, and it increases and decreases. It increases with obedience to Allaah, and decreases with trangressions/sins. Saying that your faith hasn't been harmed because of your listening to music is like someone saying that murder, or drinking alcohol hasn't harmed their faith. You may be mixing up faith with yaqeen, or certainty; i.e. your certainty in Laa ilaha ila Allaah Muhammad ar-Rasool Allaah. Allah said in the Qur'aan,

Those (i.e. believers) unto whom the people (hypocrites) said, "Verily, the people (pagans) have gathered against you (a great army), therefore, fear them." But it (only) increased them in Faith, and they said: "Allâh (Alone) is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs (for us)."
Aali Imran (3):173

The believers are only those who, when Allâh is mentioned, feel a fear in their hearts and when His Verses (this Qur'ân) are recited unto them, they (i.e. the Verses) increase their Faith; and they put their trust in their Lord (Alone);
Al-Anfal (8):2​

I hope this helps.

Was-salaam

I dont know what was your reason for the quranic verses .

And to one of you I ve been to saudia arabia and they sell music . Ranging from mp3 players to musical instruments .

Noor_Al-Ain

SolideresS Of Allah
salam alaykum

where is your evidence that it is halal from the quran and sunnah? and where in saudi arabia do they play music? a country that does not even allow women to walk outside with out a niqab, allows music ...i dont think so

Music is played as much in Saudi Arabia as it is in any other country, Sis.
Arab RnB, quite er, Appealling....

:hijabi:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
I dont know what was your reason for the quranic verses .

And to one of you I ve been to saudia arabia and they sell music . Ranging from mp3 players to musical instruments .

Sorry akhi, I put the verses from the Qur'aan in the wrong place. I was using them to demonstrate that our faith can increase and decrease.

Tru3m0sl3m

Brother in ISLAM
Assalamoalaikum,
Dear PSPdude first of all check that link i've posted above. And then think cleanly without any preconceived notion why do you find music to be halaal and if you find something available in a muslim country it doesn't give us any authority to make it halaal. Obviously there are some people who are trying to make halaal haraam, haraam halaal brother its one of the signs of qiyamah . Moreover music is addictive, brother believe i've experienced it . Its like a drug you need it to get high i.e. to a different state/half conscious state of mind(Trance). Do you remember Allah(swt) when you are into music? I don't know how you do that but me NO! Anyways you'll find many ahadeeth that clearly portrays the impermissiblity of music. Search music on islamqa.com. Jazakallahu khair, Walaikumussalam.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
^What a beautiful reply! Maa shaa' Allaah. I once read a whole treatise on the negative effects of music, with links to psychology and Islaam.

Was-salaam

sarahdabboussi

salam! you know that i had the same problem so i deleted all the songs from my ipod and then started adding quran,just remember that ALLAH (swt) will ask u on the day of judgement which of quran or music you preferred to listen to...

AMRO the desert

alsalam alaykom, brothers and sisters, once i had this problem and i asked many islamic sheikhes and tried to find an answer in many sources to get a sure judge in this point. the result was an absolute agreement that music is haram and there is almost no argue in this subject. if the music halal? it is PSPdude personal opinion and i think that even if there any a suspicion in an islam subject - halal or haram - it is better to abandon

user expired!

Brother PSP Dude i don't know how you got to this conclusion about music but from any angle be it logical or even textual (Shriah or fiqh) in our religion there is nothing that states that if they have it in Saudi Arabis it becomes Halal.

Alhamdulilah Saudi Arabia is a good country but it isn't a 100% Shariah state they have many good things but they also have many bad things.

In Islam we follow what Allaah says or what His Beloved Messenger Muahmmed :saw2: say and that is Final! Not Saudi Arabia nor Iran.

I hope i don't cause offence to your brother but the issue of Music has been dealt with in previous threads many times so please feel free to search on this topic:shake:

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!

:wasalam:

we don't care about what soudi arabia alows in their country. i will always respect the mu'munun(the true belivers) off course we know that prophet muhammad sallahu alayhi wasalam was born in soudi arabia. you should know this we will not be judged the sins of someone else. Allah subhana wata'ala will judge the sins each and everyone of us come with. i'm muslim and i would only follow prophet muhammad sallahu alayhi wasalam and those who follow him. its good to follow our beloved prophet sallahu alayhi wasalam rather than soudi arabia. not everyone is perfect. i'm sure they are people who live in soudi arabia and believe that music is haram but too bad they can't anything about its country allowing music. Allahu A'lam. may Allah subhana wata'ala guide us all to the right path ameen......:)

Status
Not open for further replies.