Alhamdolillah Sh. Yusuf Estes was approved Hajj Visa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

This is directed to everybody.

I think how many Muslims behaved in reaction to the first news of denial is atrocious. Suddenly, when Saudi denies the Visa, everyone goes off their rocker. Accusations went flying; suspicions arrose and for what?! NOTHING!

All that is not the behaviour of a Muslim. We believe in Qadr, through and through. Whatever happens comes not directly from us, but what was written down long before any of us were born. We have no power, but as it is... when something we dislike happens, we have only ourselves to blame.

It's not fair to go throwing accusations, it's not fair to place blame and Yusuf Estes's website did that once the Visa was first denied. They began ranting on how he was not given the Visa although others in his group had, how maybe it was because of something he wrote... NOW... no matter what they do... they have lost thier original beauty in my eyes.

Nothing is Impossible, everything is achievable and whatever comes comes from Allah (swt).

These are some interesting things to note:

Sahih Bukhari:

Volume 3, Book 49, Number 857:
Narrated Um Kulthum bint Uqba:

That she heard Allah's Apostle saying, "He who makes peace between the people by inventing good information or saying good things, is not a liar."

Volume 8, Book 77, Number 595:
Narrated Imran bin Husain:

A man said, "O Allah's Apostle! Can the people of Paradise be known (differentiated) from the people of the Fire; The Prophet replied, "Yes." The man said, "Why do people (try to) do (good) deeds?" The Prophet said, "Everyone will do the deeds for which he has been created to do or he will do those deeds which will be made easy for him to do." (i.e. everybody will find easy to do such deeds as will lead him to his destined place for which he has been created).

Volume 8, Book 77, Number 611:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Adam and Moses argued with each other. Moses said to Adam. 'O Adam! You are our father who disappointed us and turned us out of Paradise.' Then Adam said to him, 'O Moses! Allah favored you with His talk (talked to you directly) and He wrote (the Torah) for you with His Own Hand. Do you blame me for action which Allah had written in my fate forty years before my creation?' So Adam confuted Moses, Adam confuted Moses," the Prophet added, repeating the Statement three times.

Volume 8, Book 77, Number 613:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Take refuge with Allah from the difficulties of severe calamities, from having an evil end and a bad fate and from the malicious joy of your enemies."

Thank You.

Wassalam.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
I think how many Muslims behaved in reaction to the first news of denial is atrocious. Suddenly, when Saudi denies the Visa, everyone goes off their rocker. Accusations went flying; suspicions arrose and for what?! NOTHING!

:salam2:
I know what you mean. I'm happy that Sheikh Estes got his visa, and I was angry when he was denied it (it's an injustice not because he's famous but because he's Muslim); but I was kind of questioning when the website started beaming the flashlight on that Prince who retired from his post as ambassador (was it?).

samiha

---------
Staff member
wa alaykum assalam.

I don't know what you mean about the Prince. I am afraid that I was so dissapointed by the initial beginning of the Article I never even bothered to look at the rest.

Wassalam.

Believe2Succeed

AOA WRWB

Sorry dear...but most of the complaints were from the Sh's. own website..
It was not suspision from the posters, rather it was mentioned by the Sh. himself....
I guess you missed that...

samiha

---------
Staff member
AOA WRWB

Sorry dear...but most of the complaints were from the Sh's. own website..
It was not suspision from the posters, rather it was mentioned by the Sh. himself....
I guess you missed that...

Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

I don’t understand exactly what you mean brother, and I hope you will clarify.

However, despite all the good yusuf estes may do... I do not appreciate some of the things the website puts up.

This is what we are told about leaders:

Volume 9, Book 88, Number 177:
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet said, "Whoever notices something which he dislikes done by his ruler, then he should be patient, for whoever becomes separate from the company of the Muslims even for a span and then dies, he will die as those who died in the Pre-lslamic period of Ignorance (as rebellious sinners). (Fateh-Al-Bari page 112, Vol. 16)

Volume 9, Book 89, Number 256:
Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Allah's Apostle said, "You should listen to and obey, your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian (black) slave whose head looks like a raisin."

Volume 9, Book 88, Number 179:
Narrated Usaid bin Hudair:

A man came to the Prophet and said, "O Allah's Apostle! You appointed such-and-such person and you did not appoint me?" The Prophet said, "After me you will see rulers not giving you your right (but you should give them their right) and be patient till you meet me."

WE ARE NOT to make judgments in an angry state:

Volume 9, Book 89, Number 272:
Narrated 'Abdur Rahman bin Abi Bakra:

Abu Bakra wrote to his son who was in Sijistan: 'Do not judge between two persons when you are angry, for I heard the Prophet saying, "A judge should not judge between two persons while he is in an angry mood."

What many people don’t realize is the responsibility of leadership…

Volume 9, Book 89, Number 264:
Narrated Ma'qil:

I heard the Prophet saying, "Any man whom Allah has given the authority of ruling some people and he does not look after them in an honest manner, will never feel even the smell of Paradise."

I just saw this title… on the website concerned >>>>

Saudi Ambassador to U.S. - Prince Turki Al-Faisal Quit During Hajj Visa Crisis! Why?

WHY?! What kind of question may I ask is that? Do we need to pry into one another’s businesses? There is a hadith that states that we do not… lack of time only prevents me from finding it. But I feel such things only bring about unnecessary suspicion and doubt and as long as the Prince says he is a Muslim, as long as what he does is not too contradictory to Islam (meaning things that bring one to Kufr or disbelief) then we should give him due rights as a Muslim.

(this is from Riyaad us-Saliheen -> very good book )

Allah says: “Oh you who believe! Avoid suspicions, indeed some suspicions are sins. ” (49:12)

Abu hurairah (radiallahu anhu) said: “The Messenger of Allah (saws) said, “Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales.””

Allah says:
“Oh you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group; it may be that the latter are better than the former. Nor let (some) women scoff at other women; it may be that the latter are better than the former Nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it to insult one’s brother after having Faith [i.e. to call your Muslim brother (a faithful believer) as: ‘O sinner’, or ‘O wicked’]. And whosoever does not repent are indeed Zalimun (wrongdoers) ” (49:11)

“Woe to every slanderer and backbiter.” (105:1)

Having read ALL that and heard all that... Do we really have any right to do anything that brings down another Muslim? No... i don't see that we do. There are so many more Hadith which talk about gaurding our Muslim brothers/sisters Honor... So as Muslims we have to try our best in these regards.

May Allah Help Us all.

wassalam.

Marwa17

I think we are making this issue bigger than it should be...we should just be happy for Yusuf Estes...inshallah, allah will accept his hajj and pray that others will also get the opportunity to make this great pilgrimage...by the way, my mom was denied visa to go this year and she was really looking forward to it...and i also know a couple of other people taht were, so it's not like it is something new...I just pray that all of us inshallah get the opportunity to go before it is too late.
Salam everyone

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum.

You're right sis.

May Allah accept Yusuf Estes's Hajj...

wassalam.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Wa alaykum assalam wa rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

I don’t understand exactly what you mean brother, and I hope you will clarify.

However, despite all the good yusuf estes may do... I do not appreciate some of the things the website puts up.

This is what we are told about leaders:

Volume 9, Book 88, Number 177:
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet said, "Whoever notices something which he dislikes done by his ruler, then he should be patient, for whoever becomes separate from the company of the Muslims even for a span and then dies, he will die as those who died in the Pre-lslamic period of Ignorance (as rebellious sinners). (Fateh-Al-Bari page 112, Vol. 16)

Volume 9, Book 89, Number 256:
Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Allah's Apostle said, "You should listen to and obey, your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian (black) slave whose head looks like a raisin."

Volume 9, Book 88, Number 179:
Narrated Usaid bin Hudair:

A man came to the Prophet and said, "O Allah's Apostle! You appointed such-and-such person and you did not appoint me?" The Prophet said, "After me you will see rulers not giving you your right (but you should give them their right) and be patient till you meet me."

WE ARE NOT to make judgments in an angry state:

Volume 9, Book 89, Number 272:
Narrated 'Abdur Rahman bin Abi Bakra:

Abu Bakra wrote to his son who was in Sijistan: 'Do not judge between two persons when you are angry, for I heard the Prophet saying, "A judge should not judge between two persons while he is in an angry mood."

What many people don’t realize is the responsibility of leadership…

Volume 9, Book 89, Number 264:
Narrated Ma'qil:

I heard the Prophet saying, "Any man whom Allah has given the authority of ruling some people and he does not look after them in an honest manner, will never feel even the smell of Paradise."

I just saw this title… on the website concerned >>>>

WHY?! What kind of question may I ask is that? Do we need to pry into one another’s businesses? There is a hadith that states that we do not… lack of time only prevents me from finding it. But I feel such things only bring about unnecessary suspicion and doubt and as long as the Prince says he is a Muslim, as long as what he does is not too contradictory to Islam (meaning things that bring one to Kufr or disbelief) then we should give him due rights as a Muslim.

(this is from Riyaad us-Saliheen -> very good book )

Allah says: “Oh you who believe! Avoid suspicions, indeed some suspicions are sins. ” (49:12)

Abu hurairah (radiallahu anhu) said: “The Messenger of Allah (saws) said, “Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales.””

Allah says:
“Oh you who believe! Let not a group scoff at another group; it may be that the latter are better than the former. Nor let (some) women scoff at other women; it may be that the latter are better than the former Nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it to insult one’s brother after having Faith [i.e. to call your Muslim brother (a faithful believer) as: ‘O sinner’, or ‘O wicked’]. And whosoever does not repent are indeed Zalimun (wrongdoers) ” (49:11)

“Woe to every slanderer and backbiter.” (105:1)

Having read ALL that and heard all that... Do we really have any right to do anything that brings down another Muslim? No... i don't see that we do. There are so many more Hadith which talk about gaurding our Muslim brothers/sisters Honor... So as Muslims we have to try our best in these regards.

May Allah Help Us all.

wassalam.
Sorry sister you seem very upset.

Sheik Yusuf put a lot of his opinion in that but maybe he was suspicious because you know American Government is nosy and has to go into everyone's businness and hurts innocent people like in Iraq. Iraq was better with Saddam Huessain except for the Shia muslims cause he threw mustard gas I think it was called,(It's a kind of bio-weapon) and then all 30,000 innocent Shias had their eyes burning out of their sockets and they started curling up... May Allah have mercy on them.

Marwa17

"Sheik Yusuf put a lot of his opinion in that but maybe he was suspicious because you know American Government is nosy and has to go into everyone's businness and hurts innocent people like in Iraq. Iraq was better with Saddam Huessain except for the Shia muslims cause he threw mustard gas I think it was called,(It's a kind of bio-weapon) and then all 30,000 innocent Shias had their eyes burning out of their sockets and they started curling up... May Allah have mercy on them."
What does that mean??? Are you being sarcastic or something??? Because, i'm sorry but it makes no sense...

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum Salam,

I dont understand why people pay attention so much to these matters.

Also, i was very suprised to see the earlier statements posted on various websites, including on their website. Allah knows best who wrote it, I hope it was not with permission of Yusuf Estes, because it was unIslamic and very immature. They have not bothered to explain their earlier claims bashing the Saudi government because of a mistake ridden article that Yusuf estes wrote from the top of his head about sects.

I guess some people feel important enough that there will be a conspiracy against them.

There are many people who have had problems getting visa. There are millions of people on the Hajj.

People need to learn who their Scholars are. These people, and im not just talking about any individual who may have been mentioned in this thread, although Im sure some of them do much good work, they are not Shaykhs or Scholars. And some of them also hide a lot of their beliefs.

For example, many simply talk about how to love your brother or sister, how to increase your Iman etc, but will never mention anything to do with Aqeedah or perhaps to do with Manhaj (methedology, how we go about doing things) . Please keep this in mind. Whereas, the known scholars of our time, were always clear on their positions and they were beacons of knowledge.

Learn what a Scholar is first. They are people who spent much time learning Islam by sitting and learning from the Kibar Ulema', the great scholars. They are the Muhaditheen and Mufasireen, people who know the Hadith and the Quran and all its sciences. They are the ones who know Nahu (grammar) and many of the difficult aspects of sciences of Islam.

Shaykh Abdul Muhsin Al Abaad, Muhadith - Has gone through the Kutub Sittah, such as Bukhari, Sunan Abi Dawood and so on. He gives classes on each hadith and goes through its Isnaad, (chain of narration) and its Mutn (the actual text) explaining everything in precise detail, all referring back to the Verses from the Quran, the hadith and what the pious predecessors in the Past said about the topics coming from that hadith. Subsequently, Scholars like him have spent 10 years ++++ going through just One book.

Mixing the level and status of the people in terms of Knowledge is a great mistake which weakens the Muslims.

I just find it depressing that our Ummah is in such a state that it has forgotten and people do not realise exactly who the Shaykhs are. Instead, plumming for anyone who can make fancy speeches and defending them to the flesh and bone even when they make big mistakes in Aqeedah or other beliefs.

Wasalam

Topic locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.