Alhamdulilah

pilgrim

Allahu Akbar
hindu priest's grand-daughter reverts tp Islam

:salam2: :hijabi:
I could still remember what a strict Hindu i was,it disgusts me though.This is my story on how i accepted islam and found it the greatest way to live life.
At 14,i cud remember,i hated muslims i hated them so much i made fun of Islam.Astaghfirulah.even though i knew nothing about it.I was a very strict hindu,my grandfather is actually a pundit(hindu priest).
At 15,in Fourth form of high school,a new boy came into my class,it was chemistry class and he was muslim and Ya Allah he sat right next to me.i thought,why is he sitting next to me,why??i dont want no muslim sitting next to me,but i didnt say anything.Days pass by and we would never talk,but one day the teacher was absent and the other muslims and some hindus came to our desk,dat day i cud remember fully well we had a heated argument about religion.I remembered yelling,''what kind of religion is Islam you all dont even have a picture of Allah,what Allah looks like??'' and '' you muslims eat the cow while we worship it,how disgusting,i hate muslims''.

you know eventually i started liking this muslim boy,i wasnt interested in the religion though,i realised he wasnt a strict muslim and we started to court.
We had a normal relationship(at age 15),no religious discussions,nothing. What i admired about him though is dat he never touched or kissed me.
we were boyfriend/girlfriend for 2 years straight and amazingly we separated many times in that period but we always ended up reunited.

One day,my boyfriend told me he is thinking about being a strict muslim and that our relationship is wrong,and i told him that my family would never accept him because he is a muslim and that i would never be a muslim and would always be a hindu and i too believes that our relationship is wrong.But still we cudnt leave eachother,even though we want to.This was at the end of the fifth form of scool,i was 16 and him,17.

Throughout the sixth form we were still together,then we decided to take our relationship to the next step, that is ,to be commited to eachother,and would you believe it i told him on that day,i would be a muslim for the sake of my children!I didnt want to be one in my heart because i didnt know much about Islam.He never told me about it probably because he thinks that i would think he is trying to convert me.

Eventually i told my parents about my boyfriend,not about Islam ,because i didnt really want to be a muslim.They were shocked,shocked. But they came to terms with it and allowed the relationship.

My parents were always telling me that muslims are terrorists ,they are not good people and they are stink and alot of things.I didnt care.My boyfriend seemed perfectly fine to me.

I always told my boyfriend that if ever i married him i wanted him to be a strict muslim,i always wanted to live a strict life,yet i didnt know much about Islam(that's funny).I think i wanted to live a strict life because i think if we're strict then my spouse would not commit adultery and no alcohol and smoking and all.That's the kind of person i am decent.

It was during the summer vacation,i saw an indian movie Taliban,it portrayed muslim people as bad people who treat women bad and are terrorists.There was this particular scene when a muslim man married a hindu women without telling her that he has a next wife.I got scared so i called my boyfriend and told him that i want to read QUR'AN to see if that's permissible.that's how i became exposed to Qur'an)Alhamdulilah.

We would always go to a nearby library to read Qur'an.One day i visited a website about Islam and i told my boyfriend and he said there are a lot of virulent propaganda about Islam in the internet and he gave me a website to go to, http://www.muttaqun.com/
I read a lot about Islam,and found myself just wanting to read more and more.
Then I started thinking about hinduism and Islam,and honestly i find Islam makes more sense.Hindus believe in pantheism and reincarnation,while muslims believe that there is one God and He is the creator of the heavens and the earth.Furthermore,no hindu books talk about Jesus,Moses or Mary and all the other prophets,but what amazed me was that Qur'an talk about them and i heard someone said that a person is not a muslim if he does not believe in Jesus.From that day on,i said to myself,i have to learn more about Islam.
I listened to many da'wah groups,Dr.Zakir Naik,yusuf Estes and Alot more. And the more i heard about Islam the more i loved it.Everything.I love Islam.Allahu Akbar.This happened sometime before ramadan 2006.

And remember i told you my boyfriend was not strict he started fasting that Ramadan and started praying the five daily salat.onday during Ramadan,i went to school and told my boyfriend i want to be a muslim even if he leaves me.I remembered he started smiling.I then told him that this courting has to over,because it is wrong,so we agreed and it was.But we stilled talked.He was the only boy i talked to and I was the only girl he talked to.We told eachother we are not bf/gf and we agreed not to even touch eachother.The next step was to learn to pray,a muslim sis teached me and she asked me if i was fasting and i said no,She was like why? I was like i dont know how to and she told me and i started to fast .Alhamdulilah. but the bad thing was that noone knew i was muslim now.

One morning during Ramadan,my mom asked me if i wanted breakfast and i was like no.She got hysterical and she asked ''are you fasting?'' iwas like no ,i was scared,i was only 17 and i know she wud blame my bf.Eventually i told my parents i WANT TO BE A MUSLIM,not that i was, i was afraid.
They started forcing me to go to temple and do those hindu rituals,those were the worst few months in my life.AllahuAlam.

Recently they threw me out of their house and stopped me from school.
But alhamdulilah they brought me back home and i'm currently preparing for exams.Now my parents neither force me to do hindu stuff nor even ask me.The majority of my family knows i'm muslim but they think i'm doing this for my bf and that he forced me to convert.But i dont care.AllahuAlam.

I dont wear my hijab though,my parents wouldnt allow it.I think that thay think that one day i'll convert to hinduism but i would never,inshaallah. There is no God but Allah and Muhammad(SAWS) was his servant and his final messenger. Subhaan Allah.:wasalam:

IbnAlAawam

:salam2:

:SMILY206: :SMILY206: :SMILY206:

What a beautiful story sister, ma sgaa'llah.
Thank you for sharing it with us.

PS:Have you married you friend yet?

zarah

Islam
Staff member

:ma: sis,I am glad that you have embraced Islam and come on to the right path....

Alhamdullilah for today!!!!!

Alhamdullilah for everyday.....:shake:

:wasalam:

abdellah007

salam alaykum sister

masha allah
what a beautiful story, u were so strong at that time masha allah.

allah will reward u insha allah

38khadj

sister what determination you must have to be practicing Islam while living with your parents May Allah reward you Inshallah
:ma:
:wasalam:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Your an inspiration to us all.

The amount of difficulties brother and sister converts face is amazing. Alhamdulilah.

May Allah (S.W.T) make your path easy for you and Inshallah help to increase in your Iman.

Will make Dua for you.

Alhamdulilah

Stay Strong

Asalaamu'Alykum

imros

Alhamdullilah...

Assalamulaikum....

I reverted to Islam last year after I did religion comparison between Buddha,Christian and Islam.I born as Buddhist,but after meeting people, attend lecture and based on my own research.. I found that Buddha was not a religion.I more to believe.Then, I turn to church and I learnt about Christian where at the same time I played music for the chruch.But what made me so illogical was the trinity.Then, I again tried to find out what is Islam.. I met with priest and the christian people who reverted to Islam.I asked them the reasons of their decision, and at last I watch ahmed deedat debate, read his books, download his lectures and I myself compared between bible and quran.I read which verse those he quote and Alhamdulliah.. at last I satisfy with my decision turned into Islam.Believe me, those non-muslim do not like Islam because they dont read very much about the aspects, like religion origins, doctrines, concepts (of God, man, life, death, sin, forgiveness etc), ways of worship, authenticity of scriptures, moral teachings, etc. This study will actually helps in the evaluation of truth.

God give us heart and brain to think the good and the bad things.Those non-muslim people do not want to listen and learn about Islam because Islam is opposite to their trend of life. They only want enjoy all the times without concern about religion. Many non-muslim do want to hear about Islam because they influenced by media.Too much reading on media.I dont really trust 100% on media.Media only wrote bad things about Islam.These all politics, name, luxury and many more. I read in the forum that someone said that she wants to return back to Christian, I just do not know what made she turn into that decison or doubtness.To strengthen the faith, read quran and perform all the sholat 5 times in a day and that doubt will not come.For the truth,One day everyone will die and there they will know the answer.For me, alhamdulillah.. I proud to be muslim.

TELL ME: what would you do say if somebody got a doctor's prescription and hung is round his neck after wrapping it in a piece of cloth or washed it in water and drank it? Would you not laugh at him and call him a fool? Yet this is the treatment being given before your eyes to the matchless prescription written by the greatest of all doctors..... and nobody laughs!!!!..

TELL ME: What would you think if someone who was ill picked up a book on medicine and began to read it, believing, thinking that this would cure him. Would you not say that he was deranged? Yet this how we treat the Book which the supreme healer has sent for cure of our diseases..