Aljazeera English channel

talibulislam

recently heard news

warner brother was investing in aljazera,in one lecture we heard that there 50% shares r own by warner brothers.now they r coming in english,we muslim need hope against bbc or cnn,what if that hope is building on 3rd party, which is also sponsor by old parties,so where we going 2 b at the end,going round & round in circle.may allah save our ummah from munafiqeen & mushrakeen ameen

allmuslimsrequal

I agree with Mahadiwarrior AND Mabsoot. I never trust any news broadcast anymore. But I would give anything to see some flipped sides of the coin.

On the news here in America- you NEVER see Arabs or Muslims in any realistic light. Everyday everyday everyday you hear 'Islamists' 'jihadists'
'islamic terror', ect...
The media here shows only what they want. They care little or nothing for Palestinian blood that is shed. They care little or nothing at all for the innocent Iraqi's, or for the innocent Muslims sold into US prisons. The news turns a blind eye to the suffering of any Arab nation.

The kidnapping of 1 Israeli soldier was sensationalized beyond belief. But you NEVER hear of ANY brutality done to the Palestinian people, or the illegal and unhumanitarian actions done to them day by day by day.

Marwa17

the media is our source of information today...sadly, they've abused that right...now we have to go and search for the news ourselves...we question the stories we are told...etc...it's sad

Paki Idol

Defender of Islam
Well...It is not being aired in Pakistan but still the Media I think, is doing a good job by instilling the right Islamic values and countering the propoganda of the West.

SayangNZ

No news channels or media outlets are unbiased. Depending on what country one is in, and whether it has a left wing, right wing, centre or religous government in power you will only hear what ruling party want you to hear.

That is what is so dangerous - people can be very brainwashed if they do not have access to different sources, especially the uneducated and illiterate who only have blind belief and through no fault of their own, cannot think outside the square because they do not know they are imprisoned in a square. As citizens of the free world it is our duty to seek the truth so that our world remains free.

Think North Korea - would you believe their television channel, oops - very few, if indeed any, have televisions. And as for internet access................ ! But they do have nuclear power.............. Scary, isn't it.

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
No news channels or media outlets are unbiased. Depending on what country one is in, and whether it has a left wing, right wing, centre or religous government in power you will only hear what ruling party want you to hear.

That is what is so dangerous - people can be very brainwashed if they do not have access to different sources, especially the uneducated and illiterate who only have blind belief and through no fault of their own, cannot think outside the square because they do not know they are imprisoned in a square. As citizens of the free world it is our duty to seek the truth so that our world remains free.

... This is part of the reason why we participate here at TTI =) inshaAllah to be able to better think outside the box; to learn more about issues from the perspectives of thousands of different Muslims from a thousand different backgrounds. You'll never hear even AlJezeera discuss some of the things found here, as deeply as you'll find here, or have the oppourtunity to participate in the discussions yourself. Sure, we use alot of information from outside sources, but we also reference with the Sunnah and Qur'an as well as include Fatawas - and even then we also dissect issues from the human angle, too: Feelings, experiences, intuitions, examining disagreements.

It's a marvelous thing, I hope you can contribute more yourself, InshaAllah. The more Muslims seek and learn, I am confident that Allah SWT is more and more pleased. =) Take care

:wasalam: