Allah and the scriptures of the Jews and Christians

B.H.

Hello,

Why did Allah allow the Jews and Christians and others with revelations to corrupt their scriptures?

Ershad

Hello,

Why did Allah allow the Jews and Christians and others with revelations to corrupt their scriptures?

:salam2:

I am quoting from translation of Qur'an from surat Al-Ma'idah -

O you who have believed, remember the favor of Allah upon you when a people determined to extend their hands [in aggression] against you, but He withheld their hands from you; and fear Allah . And upon Allah let the believers rely. [5:11]

And Allah had already taken a covenant from the Children of Israel, and We delegated from among them twelve leaders. And Allah said, "I am with you. If you establish prayer and give zakah and believe in My messengers and support them and loan Allah a goodly loan, I will surely remove from you your misdeeds and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow. But whoever of you disbelieves after that has certainly strayed from the soundness of the way.[5:12]

So for their breaking of the covenant We cursed them and made their hearts hard. They distort words from their [proper] usages and have forgotten a portion of that of which they were reminded. And you will still observe deceit among them, except a few of them. But pardon them and overlook [their misdeeds]. Indeed, Allah loves the doers of good [5:13]

And from those who say, "We are Christians" We took their covenant; but they forgot a portion of that of which they were reminded. So We caused among them animosity and hatred until the Day of Resurrection. And Allah is going to inform them about what they used to do. [5:14]

If you read and think about the surah above, you can see that Allah had sent down to them the prophets (AS) with the message of Allah. However, they forgot, neglected, distorted the messages and made it into something else. So, Allah cursed them for that. Allah sent Isa (AS) with the message of One True God - To believe and worship only Allah. Rather, people were overwhelmed by the power of miracles that Allah had given to Isa (AS) and started considering him as Son of God and neglected the message of Allah that came to them through Isa (AS). Similar thing happened with Jews.

I hope that answers your question.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Islam belongs to Allah swt.

Hello,

~~~
:salam2:

Islam belongs to Allah swt and Allah swt protects it,
As for the Jews and Christians and others
they have to protect their own religion and scriptures whatever they want to
do with it ,
because it's theirs!

:bismillah:
I do not worship what you worship.
Nor are you worshippers of what I worship.
Nor will I be a worshipper of what you worship.
Nor will you be worshippers of what I worship.
For you is your religion, and for me is my religion."

Holy quran:Surah Al Kafirrun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytMRiRJrDiM
[yt]ytMRiRJrDiM[/yt]

~May Allah swt help,protect and guide all muslim~Amin!

Take care,
~Wassalam :)

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Hello,

Assalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Since the man set foot on earth, they have been developing in all the means time by time. There came a time when the humankind had lived in caves of mountains etc. By time, stage by stage, step by step they were developing.

Since Allah is the creator of the Universe and everything in it, including Humans, He knows best about what is the perfect time to send this Shari'ah and that Shari'ah etc.

Allah has sent revelations to the mankind which fits to that time, to that people and when it is corrupted by the people of that time, Allah sends the revelation of next level, until He sends the final level which is the revelation send to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

If this Shari'ah was sent on the time of Adam for example, it will surely not fit on them at that time. In this Shari'ah, we cannot marry our own brother or sister, but at that time when humankind had just few people, marriage would never be possible if Allah sent this Shari'ah to them that the nearest marriage lawful relation is among cousins. So in the Shari'ah of Adam (pbuh), they were allowed to marry own brother or sister also.

For this purpose (to complete the laws until the final), the scholars says that Allah has allowed it to be corrupted so that then the people will have to follow the last and final revelation of Allah. Plus, those books are made Mansookh after the revelation of this Shari'ah.

Hope it helps my dear brother. :)

Wassalam 'Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh