Allah, (SWT)

Bottlecap

So in reading in the articles I noticed the the TLA, SWT is used, and I can't find a definition of SWT. I assume it's a title off some kind. :SMILY176:

Thanks so much

-Bottlecap

tikoiusb

if not mistaken.
Allah SWT= Allah SubhaanaWaaTaala.
Muhammad SAW= Muhammad Sallallahhualaihiwassalam.

correct me if wrong.

Bluegazer

Hello Bottlecap,

SWT is used to abbreviate Subhaanahu Wa Ta'aalaa, which is the Arabic pronunciation of the phrase Praised and Exalted. Therefore, Allah Subhaanahu Wa Ta'aalaa means Allah the Praised and Exalted.

I believe it's better to use the English language when communicating on an English forum. Therefore, I use phrases like Allah the Almighty or Allah the Exalted.

Bottlecap

Hello Bottlecap,

SWT is used to abbreviate Subhaanahu Wa Ta'aalaa, which is the Arabic pronunciation of the phrase Praised and Exalted. Therefore, Allah Subhaanahu Wa Ta'aalaa means Allah the Praised and Exalted.

I believe it's better to use the English language when communicating on an English forum. Therefore, I use phrases like Allah the Almighty or Allah the Exalted.

Thank you so much Bluegazer

Bluegazer

You're very welcome Bottlecap. I'm glad I was able to answer your question.

Thank you tikoiusb for your kind words.

Bluegazer

P.S. to Bottlecap;

The phrase Jazakallahhu khairan [used by tikoiusb] is the Arabic pronunciation of the phrase Allah has rewarded you with good. It's a supplication meaning May Allah reward you with good deeds.