allowed to make dua at sujood?

ichthyander

is it allowed to make dua when i m praying sujood in salat ( faraj or sunnat) ?
someone told me that at that ALLAH accept dua.thanks 4 reading.

Roby Rahman

Asalamualaikum

Dear brother or sister, as far as I know during sujood you are to say Subahana-Rabbiul-Alla from three times or five times up to seven times.
Hope that answers your question inshallah.
:wasalam:

pcozzy

is it allowed to make dua when i m praying sujood in salat ( faraj or sunnat) ?
someone told me that at that ALLAH accept dua.thanks 4 reading.

Why of course you can make duaa, The prophet PBUH used to sometimes prolong his sujood for that purpose.

He (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) would make his sujood about as long as his rukoo', and sometimes he would make it extremely long due to the circumstances, as one of his Companions said:
"The Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) came out to us for one of the two later prayers, [Zuhr or 'Asr,] carrying Hasan or Husain. The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) then came to the front and put him down [next to his right foot], said takbeer for the prayer and commenced praying. During the prayer, he performed a very long prostration, so I raised my head [from among the people], and there was the child, on the back of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam), who was in prostration. I then returned to my prostration. When the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) had offered the prayer, the people said, 'O Messenger of Allaah! In the middle of [this] your prayer, you performed a prostration and lengthened it so much that we thought either something had happened, or that you were receiving revelation!' He said, Neither of those was the case: actually, my son made me his mount, so I did not want to hurry him until he had satisfied his wish "[SIZE=-2]128[/SIZE]
In another hadeeth, "He (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) was praying. When he performed sajdah, al-Hasan and al-Husain jumped onto his back. When the people tried to stop them, he gestured to them to leave the two alone. After offering his prayer, he placed them in his lap and said, Whoever loves me should love these two."[SIZE=-2]129[/SIZE]

The Obligation to be at Ease in Sujood

He (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) used to command the completion of rukoo' and sujood, comparing someone not doing so to the hungry man who eats one or two dates, which are of no use to him, and also saying about him, he is indeed one of the worst thieves among the people. He also ruled that the prayer of one who does not straighten his spine fully in rukoo' and sujood is invalid, as has been mentioned under "Rukoo'", and ordered "the one who prayed badly" to be at ease in his sujood, as mentioned before.

The Adhkaar of Sujood

He (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) would say any one of the following remembrances of Allaah and supplications in this posture:

1. 551.gif

How Perfect is my Lord, the Most High, three times.[SIZE=-2]114[/SIZE]
    Sometimes, "he would repeat it more times than that."[SIZE=-2]115[/SIZE]
    Once, he repeated it so much that his sujood were nearly as long as his standing, in which he had recited three of the Long Soorahs: al-Baqarah, an-Nisaa' and aal-'Imraan. That prayer was full of supplication and seeking of forgiveness, as mentioned before under "Night Prayer".

2. 552.gif

How Perfect is my Lord, the Most High, and Praised be He, three times.[SIZE=-2]116[/SIZE]

3. 561.gif

Perfect, Blessed, Lord of the Angels and the Spirit.[SIZE=-2]117[/SIZE]

4. 562.gif

How perfect You are O Allaah, our Lord, and Praised. O Allaah! Forgive me, which he would say often in his rukoo' and sujood, implementing the order of the Qur'aan.[SIZE=-2]118[/SIZE]

5. 563.gif

O Allaah! For you I have prostrated; in You I have believed; to You I have submitted; [You are my Lord;] my face has prostrated for the One Who created it and shaped it , [shaped it excellently,] then brought forth its hearing and vision: [so] blessed be Allaah, the Best to Create![SIZE=-2]119[/SIZE]

6. 564.gif

O Allaah! Forgive me all my sins: the minor and the major, the first and the last, the open and the hidden.[SIZE=-2]120[/SIZE]

7. 565.gif

My person and my shadow have prostrated to You; my heart has believed in You; I acknowledge Your favours towards me: here are my hands and whatever I have earned against myself.[SIZE=-2]121[/SIZE]

8. 566.gif

How Perfect is He Who has all Power, Kingdom, Magnificence and Supremity[SIZE=-2]122[/SIZE], which he would say in night prayer, as with the following ones:

9. 571.gif

How perfect You are [O Allaah] and Praised. None has the right to be worshipped except you.[SIZE=-2]123[/SIZE]

10. 572.gif

O Allaah! Forgive me what (sins) I have concealed and what (sins) I have done openly.[SIZE=-2]124[/SIZE]

11. 573.gif

O Allaah! Place light in my heart; [and light in my tongue;] and place light in my hearing; and place light in my seeing; and place light from below me; and place light from above me, and light on my right, and light on my left; and place light ahead of me; and place light behind me; [and place light in my self;] and make the light greater for me.[SIZE=-2]125[/SIZE]

12. 574.gif

[O Allaah!] [Indeed] I seek refuge with Your Pleasure from Your Anger; [I seek refuge] with Your Pardons from Your Punishment; I seek refuge with You from You. I cannot count all exultations upon You; You are as You have extolled Yourself.[SIZE=-2]126[/SIZE]

Forbiddance of Reciting the Qur'aan in Sujood

He (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) used to forbid recitation of the Qur'aan in rukoo' and sujood, and commanded striving in, and a lot of, supplication in this posture, as explained previously under "Rukoo'". He also used to say, The slave is closest to his Lord when he is prostrating, so increase supplication [in it].[SIZE=-2]127[/SIZE]
***from : http://abdurrahman.org/salah/prophetsPrayerAlbaani/

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
If Arabic is not your mother tounge or language you can speak, then supplicate in your own language. Allah (SWT) knows all language. He even knows what is in your heart, so make dua from your heart.