Am I sinful for this..??..

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
Assalamu alaykum warahmatullah

I pray everyone is in the best of health and Imaan.

I was just wondering, is it wrong to have an image of Allah in our minds? I try not to imagine Allah, but I end up doing it everytime I hear His name...
Am I sinful for this?

Thank youu
:tti_sister:
Wasalaam

Muslim_Gurl

Thank You Allah!
It is discouraged by the Prophet, peace be upon him. He said, "Reflect on the signs of God. Do not reflect on His being."

Whenever you start developing an image of God in your mind, remind yourself of this decisive verse,

"Like His similitude is nothing" (42:11)

Alright, thank you so much.

dunno

when this comes to mind i try to remmeber that verse too and also think of strong white light so make the image of allah like a blank white page cause of his strong light!

Talat

I think don’t think it’s a sin , human mind has the habit of imagining, guessing and comparing, but there is nothing like Allah.

“There is nothing like Him, and He is the All Hearer, the All Seer”
[al-Shoora 42:11]

“And there is none co equal or comparable unto Him”
[al-Ikhlaas 112:4]
:wasalam:

seckinsosyal

:salam2:

On the authority of Omar bin Al-Khattab, who said : I heared the messenger of Allah salla Allah u alihi wa sallam say :

"Actions are but by intention and every man shall have but that which he intended. Thus he whose migration was for Allah and His messenger, his migration was for Allah and His messenger, and he whose migration was to achieve some worldly benefit or to take some woman in marriage, his migration was for that for which he migrated."

related by Bukhari and Muslim

If you have no intention about imaging or comparing, but it comes, then remember "Reflect on the signs of God. Do not reflect on His being." and think that this image is not Allah (swt). You try to think Allah's Names (Esma ul-Husna).

:inshallah: you solve this problem.

with Salam and Salah,
:salam2:

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

ya i say its not Allah if a image comes

lol the image is like a old honorable being and i think it must be gabriel or some angel

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
when this comes to mind i try to remmeber that verse too and also think of strong white light so make the image of allah like a blank white page cause of his strong light!

one of the names of Allah is Noor- Light.

but that Light is not like the light we know. because He is unlike His creation. it is not about photons and reflection.