An interesting situation [please read]

Daydreamer

Assalamu alaikum

I have a female friend who told me bad luck follows her wherever she goes. I asked her to give me a few examplea and she said "first day i went to see my uncle in hospital he died, first time i went to bangladesh and got close to an uncle he died, first day i got close to this girl she died." Its really strange. I'm presuming it may be black magic or something that goes with her. Its not always death though, like the people around her face a lot of difficulty around her and with her. They get put in these situations of difficulty. Its not her fault. It just seems to happen. Like coincidence or something. Is this fate or is this black magic? I really dont know.

I would appreciate other peoples thoughts on the matter.

Jazakallah

Mubina_91

Assalamu'3alaikum Sister. All i can assume is that only Allah knows what is hidden. For what reasons this happens, we wont know. I advise ur friend not 2 worry, and be paitent and make dua 2 Allah (swt). 4 every Good wipes out Evil. So be haste in Good deeds.
May Allah seal our hearts with paitence at all Times.
AMEEN.

arzafar

there is no thing as luck/bad luck/good luck.
believing in such superstitions signifies weakness of faith.
Only Allah can give and take life.

TipuSultan

Banned
yes nothing like that, if he was boy I would asked his contact details and made friend with him.nothing happens
magic at the time of Moses(peace be upon him)now it is all fine

Daydreamer

Assalamu'3alaikum Sister. All i can assume is that only Allah knows what is hidden. For what reasons this happens, we wont know. I advise ur friend not 2 worry, and be paitent and make dua 2 Allah (swt). 4 every Good wipes out Evil. So be haste in Good deeds.
May Allah seal our hearts with paitence at all Times.
AMEEN.

aww okay thanks for the advice.. Btw i'm male :p

alf2

Islam is a way of life
there is no thing as luck/bad luck/good luck.
believing in such superstitions signifies weakness of faith.
Only Allah can give and take life.

Exactly.

Also, she gave you some examples. But if she DID have "bad luck" with death, how many other people has she came into contact with and they are alive?
Friends, family, teachers...You need to tell her this idea she has is SILLY and to quit believing it :/

abu'muhammad

wa alaykum salaam,

The article attested below answers most of the questions about fate and decree. go through that.Understanding anything or everything regarding Allaah's decree without sunnah is sin because as no one knows what has been decided and decreed for him/her.No one can make assumptions/guesses for the matters of unseen. InshaAllaah we understand attributes in right way.
moreover,The way of ruqyaa is shown to us for treating sihr, if thats the case.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Muslim's Belief
Shaikh Muhammad as-Saleh Al-'Uthaimin
Translated by Dr. Maneh Al-Johani

Chapter VII
FATE AND THE DIVINE DECREE

Belief:

We believe in Fate, whether good or bad, which Allah has measured and ordained for all creatures according to His previous knowledge and as deemed suitable by His wisdom.

Levels of Belief:

Belief in Fate has four levels:

1) Knowledge: We believe that Allah, may He be exalted, knows everything. He knows what has happened and what will happen and how it will happen. His knowledge is eternal. He does not acquire a new knowledge nor does he forget what He knows.

2) Recording: We believe that Allah has recorded in the secured tablet (al Lowh al Mahfuz) whatever is going to happen until the Day of Judgment: "Did you not know that Allah knows all that is in heaven and Earth? Surely that is in a book. Surely that for Allah is an easy matter" (22:70).

3) Will: We believe that Allah has willed everything in heaven and Earth. Nothing happens except by His will. Whatever He wills will take place, and whatever He does not will not take place.

4) Creation: We believe that "Allah is the Creator of all things; He is the Guardian over all things, and to Him belong the keys of the heavens and the Earth" (39:62-3). This level includes whatever Allah Himself does and whatever His creatures do. Thus each saying, deed, or omission of the people is known to Allah, Who has recorded, willed, and created them: "To those among you who will to be upright. But you shall not will except as Allah wills, the Lord of the Worlds" (81:2829); "And had Allah willed they would not have fought one against the other; but Allah does whatever He desires" (2:253); "Had Allah willed, they would not have done so, but leave them alone and their false inventions" (6:137); and "And Allah created you and what you do" (37:96).

detail : http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70502

:salam2:

her experiences may be very good.

Allah subhanna wa ta3alla may have gave her the great opportunity to make duaa/pray for the deceased in person. Perhaps her duaa/prayer is what will make the difference for her relatives. Allah knows best.

to Him we belong and to Him we return.

:wasalam: