An Interview with Muhammad Ali

The following incident took place during an interview with the world famous boxer, Muhammad Ali.

It all started with an innocent question: You have beaten some of the toughest men in the world in the ring. What scares you the most?

Ali: [Points to his wife, to much laughter]

Lonnie Ali: Come on, Muhammad, joking aside, tell them what really scares you.

Ali: Nothing.

Lonnie Ali: Nothing on this earth maybe, but ... tell them Muhammad.
[There is a long pause]

Ali: Not going to heaven.
[Everyone present became silent. Sister Lonnie Ali had tears flowing down her cheeks. Others present were also shaken and silent. A few wiping their eyes. Br. Malik Mujahid broke the silence, patting Muhammad Ali on his arm.]

Malik Mujahid: "No, Insha Allah, you will enter Jannah because you have helped so many people."

Ali: [Muhammad Ali turned his face towards Br. Malik Mujahid, looking at him as though asking: Are you sure? Are you sure about yourself?]

Malik Mujahid: "The Mumin lives between hope and fear."

Where as the toughest man in the world is wondering about his place in Jannah, what do you think about yourslef. Will you go to Jannah? Its a question which everyone must ask himself and herself. A good answer may help us focus on the everlasting life.

We pray to Allah for the best of both worlds. If we want Allah to give us the best, we will have to strive for it.

Source: Extracted from the article "Will Muhammad Ali go to Jannah?" by Soundvision.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Every soul shall have a taste of death: And only on the Day of Judgment shall you be paid your full recompense. Only he who is saved far from the Fire and admitted to the Garden will have attained the object (of Life): For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception." (3:185)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salam,

Thank you for the post. Ali was the greatest. Allah gave him the strength of a Samson and the humility of a Joseph. He gave up his trophies because he would not kill his "yellow" brother.
Of all that we can chase in this world nothing is better than striving for Paradise...nothing else is really. Thank you.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
brother Muhammad Ali is a legacy becuase he was againsst the Draft for Vietnam and said, "I am one thousand percent Muslim" and he sadi during his trial in court that he will never kill a man unless it is for Jihad and for fighting in the cause of allah Subhannallahe Wa Ta Alla.

And was all of of Muhammad Ali's family Muslim? (ex. his wives and kids)

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
Truly an amazing human being, subhanallah!! May Allah reward him, Ameen!! May Allah make us all the people of Jannatal- Firdaus, Ameen!:hijabi:

HappyMuslimah

Exams:Duas please!
Salaam,
Can I just remind you that Muhammed Ali also has a book out (entitled 'Soul of a Butterfly') ? I recommend it to everyone - truley inspirational!

BlueFish

Muhammad Ali, is great legend! Thank you for posting about him!

[yt]bid6MkRiJzM&NR[/yt]

And check this out, hilarious!
Ali gives Bush the crazy sign! LOL!
[yt]yT9ZrJqIMSM[/yt]

justmuslim

Reminds me of something Umar ibn Al-Khattab once said. He said "If on the Day of Judgment an angel calls out that all will go to paradise but one, I'd worry I'm the one!" This is from a saint who's been told by the Prophet that he's one of ten going to paradise.

Asalaamu allaykum to all

you right ayman ibn khatab said that and he was afraid he will be that person eventhough the prophet told him he is one of those ten. ..and he was one of the khulafau rashidin so what do you think some one who live today. yaa rabbi forgive us ameen.
anyway i wonder mohamed ali's family are they muslim? b/c his daughter laila is show call dancing with the star and she is all most naked? subhanallah.

wasalmu allaykum