An update on what's happening with me :)

ATA95

I ♥ Allah (SWT)
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters, I hope you are all in good health and are going well. Since coming to Islam I have changed dramatically into a better person. Some things include no longer swearing, no longer looking at haram things and improving my good character. At the moment I'm doing my best to incorporate Islam into my life, working myself around Islam and not working Islam around myself.

TTI has helped me with gaining valuable knowledge about Islam, all the people who have helped me here are awesome and I thank you so much. Alhamdulillah I've now gotten my first job that's hard work but it's going good. I'm one step closer to finding my spouse Masha'Allah. I've nearly finished learning Salah and plan to start praying more soon Insha'Allah.

As I'm getting myself immersed into Islam, this beautiful way of life, I'm finding it very difficult to keep my desires in control. I'm lowing my gaze wherever I go, I'm not looking at haram things on the internet and am staying chaste for my wife but it's just so difficult due to the society I live in that promotes dating, having s*x with whoever you want and showing off your body. I really need some advice on how to deal with keeping on staying in control of my desires despite what society is turning into.

JazakAllah Khair. :)

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters, I hope you are all in good health and are going well. Since coming to Islam I have changed dramatically into a better person. Some things include no longer swearing, no longer looking at haram things and improving my good character. At the moment I'm doing my best to incorporate Islam into my life, working myself around Islam and not working Islam around myself.

TTI has helped me with gaining valuable knowledge about Islam, all the people who have helped me here are awesome and I thank you so much. Alhamdulillah I've now gotten my first job that's hard work but it's going good. I'm one step closer to finding my spouse Masha'Allah. I've nearly finished learning Salah and plan to start praying more soon Insha'Allah.

As I'm getting myself immersed into Islam, this beautiful way of life, I'm finding it very difficult to keep my desires in control. I'm lowing my gaze wherever I go, I'm not looking at haram things on the internet and am staying chaste for my wife but it's just so difficult due to the society I live in that promotes dating, having s*x with whoever you want and showing off your body. I really need some advice on how to deal with keeping on staying in control of my desires despite what society is turning into.

JazakAllah Khair. :)

The sin which makes you sad and repentant
is more liked by Allah
than the good deed which turns you arrogant.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84714

sabs1164

AmatuLLaH
:salam2:
I would advise you my brother to feaar ALLAH the most and HE will make it easy for you.
Also seek protect in ALLAH (SWT) from shaitan the rejected oNe and remember you death oftenly.

MAY ALLAH GIVE YOU A PIOUS SPOUSE WHO WILL REMIND YOU OF ALLAH WHEN YOU LOOK AT HER. ALLAH PROTECT.
:wasalam:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakaatuh,

It's nice to see a smile in your thread title. Good to know you are catching up with Islam.

Brother, I remember having replied to one of your thread before. I stick by what I said earlier. Concertrate on your prayers because the Qur'an tells us (Inna Salat Tanha Unnil Fahshaa i Wal Munkar)

The Prayers is a Shield against shamelessness and sins. You say you've learned you prayers. Inshaa'Allaah it's because of them that you are strong enough to come along this far. You start praying more often, guard you Salah and it'll help you guard yourself against sins. Concerntrate on it and it'll fix your problem of concerntrating on being chaste Inshaa'Allaah.

May Allaah ease your troubles and aid you in your struggles.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

Good that alhamdullilah you feel more islam in your life, may Allah keep you on the good path and give you patience.

Surah Al-Hadid

O ye who believe! Be mindful of your duty to Allah and put faith in His messenger. He will give you twofold of His mercy and will appoint for you a light wherein ye shall walk, and will forgive you. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful;
(28)

:salam2:

Tariq Rahman

Practising Muslim
Walaikum assalam WRWB Brother

Alhamdulilah that you are growing into Islam, there are several ways that can help you kill your desires and among all is Fasting, it is said by Our Rasool (SAW) that fasting gives strength to our Iman & help in killing our worldy desires so you can try this for the sake of Allah (SWT) and inshallah you'll feel your self going away from sins.

Brother this world is like our Agriculture land and imagine yourself as a Farmer now as a matter of fact you know the hard work done by our real fellow farmers day/night just struggling to cultivate their land for the crop to come, no rainfall, insects, heat hot as hell, no food, no money but a farmer never gives up as they know their aim and why they are struggling/sacrificing this and Alhamdulilah One day when they get Crop they have few months of no work, good food, money, lots of peace...well we Muslims are Farmers who are struggling to cultivate crop which will yield in hereafter for us and inshallah we shall have everything we wish for, all our desires will come true & much more which a human brain cannot imagine......If you get to understand this simple logic I'm sure you'll fall in Love with hereafter and then killing desires in this world is a peanut for you ;)

Jazak Allah Khair
May Allah (SWT) make the struggle of this world easy on all of us Ameen!

MEMON

Assalam O Alaikum

Dear Brother

This happens to most of us living in the free society where the prevailing ethics and moral values are completly in clash with those narrated in Quran and Hadith, sometimes our eemaan (belief) is strong enough to overcome the nasty desires while sometimes we tend to be inclined more to the worldly lustful life. I think, the best way to avoid the influence of any social and moral evils on our character could be that we spend our time in the company of God-fearing muslim fellows. Insha Allah everything will be in control ... ameen! :).