Brothers Anas

Anas_L

Young Muslim
Salam,

I'm Anas, currently 15 but when I registered the minimum year was 1997, so I just went with that.

I'm from UK and I joined this site due to constant fitnah I'm involved in on the Internet. To elaborate, I'm sometimes distracted by haram activities such as music. Alhamdhulilah I pray my 5 daily prayers as I'm wary about the fact that when I die, the first question I'll be asked pertains to my prayers.

I hope to one day become a Scholar of Islam and eventually convert/revert people to Islam with the sole intention of attaining Allah's love and Jannah. I care very little about making money as I know that it could be the source of many evils while simultaneously being the source of good depending on my motives at the time of making money. But for now, I don't think I'd use any bit of money I have in a positive way, I'd probably just spend it on jewelry or clothes.

May Allah be pleased with all of our efforts.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah brother,

There is nothing wrong with spending your money on clothes, just make sure you don't become obsessed with fashions / trends and trying to keep up with the other kids in your school. Having said that, its indeed a good wise thing for you to save your money. Take your time to read and study the Quran and Hadith, and keep note of the value and position of your parents.

"And your Lord has decreed that you not worship except Him, and to parents, good treatment. Whether one or both of them reach old age [while] with you, say not to them [so much as] 'uff' [i.e., an expression of irritation or disapproval] and do not repel them but speak to them a noble word. And lower to them the wing of humility out of mercy and say: 'My Lord! Have mercy upon them as they brought me up [when I was] small.'" [Quran 17:23-24]

Again as Allah subhana wa ta'ala emphasises:

"Worship Allaah and associate nothing with Him, and to parents do good..." [Quran 4:36]

Enjoy your time here brother, if you have any questions we are here to help.

wasalam

Ameer

Anas_L

Young Muslim
Note that I said I'd probably spend any money I make on clothes/jewelry which is why it barely interests me. The only time I'd want to make money is when I've planed what I'm going to do with it beforehand, and if it's something positive/somehow related to deen.

Jazaks for the welcome.