Anger and Attitude in Islam?

Shamim56

Muslim Brother
:salam2: , Hope everyone is doing well Inshallah

I was taught in Islam that the slightest hint of anger is from Shaytan, and that one of the famous sayings of the Prophet :saw: was "Do not get Angry,Do not get Angry, Do not get Angry". From this i have acquired a ton of patience for people who make me angry Alhumdulilah, i hardly ever show my anger anymore and stay calm, but express my thoughts and seek advice from my most trusted.Throughout many months it resulted in me not being able to show frustration and anger physically infront of people.

The problem arises when my brother asked me to fake an emotion to my manager, as in show him attitude that i dislike what he's doing. My brother has a problem with messing with people emotions, he took a psychology class and his professor taught him ways of manipulating and controlling people just through messing with their emotions. Although i dont like the idea very much and iv seen him do it.

Is this even aloud in Islam ?? , faking an emotion intentionally even if it leads to good? What about intentional attitude?

besmiralalbani

Think for yourself
Salam alaykum

Alhamdulilah,

You can find in Kitab At-Tauhid - Muhammad bin 'Abdul Wahhab in Chapter 4 - Fear of Shirk (Polytheism), he says that Allah's Messenger -May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him- said:

"What I fear most for you is a form of Shirk." When asked about it, he said: "Ar-Riya (showing of)."

Showing of is a lesset type of shirk that does not make you exit from Islam (you don't vecome a Kufar or a Polytheist).
Falling into minor Shirk (Riya) is more fearful to the righteous and pious people than other matters (because of the ease, one can fall into it due to its being so subtle).
What is riya’ ?

Riya' means to falsely make oneself appear to be virtuous, good natured or a true believer before people for the sake of earning their respect and admiration, or for the purpose of gaining a good reputation among them. It differs from hypocrisy (nifaq) in that a hypocrite feigns integrity, uprightness, virtue, honesty and piety without sincere intention of acquiring these traits for the sake of God, while a person with riya acquires these good traits for the sake of pleasing God, however, he later performs good actions for the sake of gaining respect and good reputation among people.
So brother we must not show of, we have to pay atention remembering also the hadith:

Narrated ‘Umar bin Al-Khattab:I heard Allah’s Apostle saying,
“The reward of deeds depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration was for what he emigrated for.” (Sahih Bukhari Volume 1, Book 1, Number 1)

Sincere intention is the key to the success or failure of the Muslim. All that he or she does must be for the sake of Allah and not for the chance to show off or call attention to himself or herself. If there is even a speck of pride or showing off for the people instead of doing for Allah, then the whole of the matter will be rejected by Allah on the Day of Judgment. This is due to the fact that Allah wants purity of intention and purity in deed.