Anger

Zooey

My brother has a wife that loses her anger quite a bit and says hurtful things to her husband. Should I say something to her? How should this be resolved?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

It is our Muslim duty to point out that which hurts others or is unbecoming. However, it depends on your relationship with your sister in law. Often, many in-laws become defensive and will tell you to not interfere. It would be more beneficial to talk to your brother. Why does he tolerate verbal abuse? Or are you seeing it as abusive and he is not upset by her behavior? Talk to him first. I pray this helps.

najbc

assalamu alaykum

Out of curiosity, are you his sister? I would say stay out of it. Tell her how it is hurtful it is to the husband what she say and if she does nothing about it, leave them alone. The husband should speak for himself.

hqudrat

:salam2:
i think u should stay out of this.the issue should be between ur brother and the wife. the respect you give to ur brother shld also be given to his wife. ur brother might not like the way u talk to her. do make duaa for them. May Allah forgive each and everyone of us ameen
:wasalam:

:tti_sister:

feeni

ONLY ALLAH
i think the best thing is to stay out of it because one thing is a fact--they will be okay in a whilebecuz of the husband wife relationship
but if u say something it will stay in her heart forever.well i think it is best to stay quiet but ur brother should stick up for himself.who knows tho maybe sometimes in relationships a 3dr person id needed to guide them the right way.but never blame one blame them both=the bad and good things. u dont want them to get a wrong impression tho,be very kind

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

i wish i really knew what to say, but i don't. it's a very delicate situation because she isn't your wife and you do not have to deal with it. only your brother can demand the respect that he truly deserves.

:wasalam:

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wabrakatuhu
Remember: The one who angers you, controls you.
The best you can do on your part is to advice but in a peaceful manner. Dont get carried away if she does not pay any heed to you. Above all make duas.
wa/salam

galadari

i think mirajmom is right you shud tok to ur brother rather then tokin to ur brothers wife straightaway, n besides u can help ur brother by giving some gd advises(if u hve any) to deal with it in a wise manner.may allah help you out.
jazakallah.....