Anger?

Bina20

"A man may be able to restrain his anger, but resentment may be smoldering in his heart, and may turn into deep-rooted hatred. Open anger and rage are healthier than hidden resentment and malice".

Now a not-so-nice elderly gossiping woman came to my house. She was digging for information about my family, gossiping of others, being darn right rude.

I got angry with her saying that what is doing is wrong, should think of Allah ask for his forgiveness, instead of bad-mouthing everyone.

I shouted and argued with her, and I felt good as she looked shocked. As the quote above states better to say it to the face, rather than behind her back.

Is that correct in according to Islam?

Tomtom

Banned
As'alaamu Alaikkum dear sis,

The statement is wrong and what you did was wrong too. Anger and hatred are from satan.
Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala says in the Holy Qu'ran "The good deed and the evil deed cannot be equal. Repel (the evil) with one which is better (i.e. Allah ordered the faithful believers to be patient at the time of anger, and to excuse those who treat them badly), then verily! he, between whom and you there was enmity, (will become) as though he was a close friend". 41:34

One should be gentle when one is dealing with others, even if they do not show gentleness. Allahum Alum.

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
Anger management in Islam is having a different angle than what you and me and many others are doing now a days...

The following Hadeeth may answer your questions Insha Allah & they will always Insha Allah be the reminders for many of us..

“The strong man is not a good wrestler; the strong man is in fact the person who controls himself at the time of anger” (Bukhari)

A man said to the Prophet ﷺ : “Advise me!” The Prophet ﷺsaid, “Do not become angry and furious.”
The same man asked again & again, & the Prophet ﷺ said in each case, “Do not become angry & furious.” (Bukhari)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

In addition the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, told us to hold our tongues.

Yes, we are told to enjoin good and forbid evil..but we have to do it with complete calmness.

In the future just don't stay in the same room as the woman. Or change the subject to something neutral.