another stupid question, but still curious?

croatian/jewconv

slave_of_Allah
All praise be to Allaah(swt) The Exalted Creator of the Universe and peace be upon his messenger Muhammed(saws)
I ask almighty Allaah(swt) to bid us refuge from the evil within us and from without us

uhhh im kinda scared to ask this question but here goes anyway.......

please dont get mad and please dont shoot me, and may Allaah(swt) please forgive this question thats been itching in mind

as a brother ive been wondering lately why is forbiden(makrooh) for girls to shave if they have a mustache or unibrow but yet its halaal for a guy to shave their private parts?

according to the Hadith the messenger(saws) of Allaah(swt) said: 'May Allah's curse be inflicted upon women who pluck their eyebrows, and women hired to do this.' (related by abu dawud)

then yet again it says it is permisible for a guy to shave their private parts
the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is reported to have said “The fitrah is five things: circumcision, trimming the mustache, cutting the nails, plucking the armpit hairs, and shaving the pubic hairs” (Al-Bukhari and Muslim).

so the question im trying to ask is:
why is a guys hair down there by his private parts hygene(fitrah) yet if a poor girl is stuck with a unibrow or a mustache it is makrooh???
isnt it also hygen if a girl wants to take care of herself
is a guys private parts more important then a females face?

im a guy so this doesnt really apply to me
sorry and atsaghfirullah ...but this really doesnt seem fair or make any sense

sal12

well no need to be scared anymore because the answer is that WOMEN CAN REMOVE UPPER LIP HAIR AND HAIR IN BETWEEN THE EYEBROWS. im 100% sure that they can because i've been to many islamic talks and whenever this question has been asked the speakers all say the same thing, that hair in these two places are unwanted and is not natural for women because it makes them look a bit masculine especially with the upper lip hair so they should remove it. I'll try and find evidence for it but i've never heard ANYONE say that it's not allowed.

However a woman cannot shape her eyebrows by plucking, thredding, waxing because in the Prophet's (sallalahu alayhi wassalam) time the prostitutes used to shape them and obviously we can't imitate anything that prostitutes do.

Women can remove any unwanted hair on their body including arms, legs etc

sal12

Removing hair between the eyebrows

Question:
What is the Islamic ruling concerning the removal of hair from between the eyebrows?

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

It is permitted to remove this hair, because it is not part of the eyebrows

(Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/197)

sal12

Removal of women's facial hair

Question:
What is the Islamic ruling concerning the removal of women's facial fair - specifically, the upper lip, if the hair is very visible or obvious? Is it permissible to remove it, or is does it come under the category of plucking? What about hair on the legs and arms?

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing wrong with a woman removing hair from her upper lip, thighs, legs and arms. This is not included in the category of plucking which is forbidden.

Fataawaa al-Lajnah al-Daa'imah, 5/194

muhsinah

Good responses, mashaAllah!
And about the shaving of hair in the private parts, it applies to both men and women. Both are supposed to remove armpit and pubic hair, not just men.