Anti-Islam Prayer in northern Italy

IbnAlAawam

:salam2:

by Jennifer Gold
Italian Archbishop Condemns Planned ‘Anti-Islam Prayer’
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2007, 8:45 (BST)

A prominent Italian archbishop has rebuked plans for an “anti-Islam prayer” which has been scheduled to take place in Genoa, northern Italy.

Archbishop Angelo Bagnasco, president of the Italian Episcopal Conference and Archbishop of Genoa, described the proposed prayer “inopportune”.

Speaking to La Repibblica, a daily Italian newspaper, the Archbishop said: “The administration expresses its disapproval of the exploitation of the prayer.”

The controversial prayer has been organised by the Genoa branch of the Italian political party Forza Italia and the extreme-right party of Forza Nuova.

The political protest will also oppose the construction of a new mosque planned for Genoa, which has been the subject of widespread debate in the region.

The developments come as members of another lobby group, the Italian and International law Observatory group, delivered a letter to the European Commission in the Italian city of Milan. The letter protested against Islamic fundamentalism and the Islamisation of Europe.

:astag:

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salaam alaykum;

in Italy as any other country has they own extremists. This is nothing new.

:tti_sister: Allah (swt) knows what also they do

A

Aloosh12

you remind me when my parents went to spain.. god forgive me but it's a city known in history for when muslims were famous there.. anyway lovely view related to islam and arab cultures. they would give us a headphone that has all the translations except arabic, isnt it ironic.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
you remind me when my parents went to spain.. god forgive me but it's a city known in history for when muslims were famous there.. anyway lovely view related to islam and arab cultures. they would give us a headphone that has all the translations except arabic, isnt it ironic.

Well , arabic is one of the most spoken language . Very ironic, indeed

rougan

respect others...

Ignorance propelled such actions. I'm a christian and I just pray that other christians should learn to respect the ideals and differences in humanity and open their minds and their hearts for others as well. Sounds very complicated but everything else starts with respect.

IbnAlAawam

Ignorance propelled such actions. I'm a christian and I just pray that other christians should learn to respect the ideals and differences in humanity and open their minds and their hearts for others as well. Sounds very complicated but everything else starts with respect.
Thank you Rougan,

We also thank the Archibishop and all believers who respect each other's belief.

Zarra

I'd like to know where the islamisation of Europe is taking place because from what Ive read and seen, Islam seems to be the one religion it's deemed acceptable to denigrate.

I read somewhere that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world and is increasing half a percent faster per year than the birth rate, mashallah.

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
:salam2:

:astag: I am Italian and feel sorry every time I hear these news. To be honest, alhamdulillah, every time I go to visit my family in Italy I never have problems of racism. Maybe because I go to the south of Italy...don't know, Allahu 'alam. But I know that in some places in north of the country there are serious problems of racism.

May Allah subhana wa ta'la help our brothers & sisters in Italy! Ameen! :inshallah: