Anti-War Protests

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
Asalaamu-Alaikum, respected brothers and sisters,

As many of you know, this last weekend was the 6th anniversary of the Afghan war. As I later found out on the news, Anti-War Protests were staged all across North America in an effort to voice disapproval of the use of warfare to solve a social and political crisis, and stand up against the policies of our Western leaders.

Alhamdulilah, my wife and I had the oppourtunity to lead the march here in Edmonton, representing the Edmonton Coalition Against War And Racism to our community. =) I just wanted to share this to encourage everyone to do what we can, when we can.

"If you see something wrong, then change it with your hands, if you can't do that then speak out against it with your tongue, and if that can't be done then the least you can do is dislike it within your heart, and that is the weakest faith of all."

If you'd like to see the videos from the Edmonton protest, or the pictures of our march, you can visit the ECAWR website. My wife (blue hijaab) and I (tall ugly dude) are on the first photo holding the ECAWR sign and leading the march, Alhamdulilah. =)

WaSalaam

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam
mmm too bad I missed it .Havent heard anything in our area.I wish we had smth like that here.

wasalam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

There are many protest groups in the US. ANSWER is a great group headed by Ramsey Clark, an intellectual mind, fighting morons of this administration. Their website connects you to all protests and other agencies that are watchdogs for warmongers.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
My wife (blue hijaab) and I (tall ugly dude) are on the first photo holding the ECAWR sign and leading the march, Alhamdulilah. =)

WaSalaam

Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullah,

nice to see you brother - MashaAllah. You are not ugly, Alhamdulillah for how Allah made us all.

May Allah destroy all those who have stone hearts and who oppress people, wherever they are.

Muslims always stand against oppression. Whether the oppressor is non-Muslim or even if the oppressor happens to be a bad Muslim.

wasalam

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
Assalamu alaikum
Mashallah brother! That motivates me to do what I can here in Manchester, UK and become active in such demonstrations inshallah.

And nice to see you.

Wassalamu alaikum

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
WaAlaikum Salaam =)

Yeah I was just kidding around with the ugly comment ;-) but I am quite tall: 6'4"! I was 6' tall when I turned 13... which is when I heard that drinking coffee stunts your growth. Alhamdulilah, I've been drinking coffee ever since and never did end up a 7' mutant man. ;-p

My wife and I actually had a really good time participating in the march. We got to hear from som very interesting peace activists, fellow Muslims, the "Raging Grannies" (who are so funny but also very dedicated) and even a politician. We must have walked for well over an hour, so it was good exercise too, and plus it's always nice for my wife and I to be out on a beautiful day doing something together that we both strongly believe in - Alhamdulilah!

I would strongly encourage you all to show up for these sorts of protests in your region, even if all you're doing is walking - no sign, no shouting, no speaches. With every person out there representing peace, we're closer and closer to manifesting positive results. It's a good oppourtunity to make Daw'ah and share with others from our communities too, showing the "good side" of Islam (as if there's a "bad side", but whatever) by being moderate and speaking out against injustice (including against bin Laden, etc who warp Islam).

WaSalaam

ASA,

Sometimes these Islamic or other peace demonstrations are hard to know when they will take place, especially when the media or most newspapers don't cover them. I really wanted to attend the DC protest when they brought the detainees from Guantanamo Bay, only later did I find out it was only published in a Islamic newspaper and no where else.

Bro you are pretty tall...just don't hit your head on the moon when you fall LOL
How about a basketball game of 1 on 1? ;)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

ANSWER will notify you of all the protests. They are always looking for volunteers etc.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Some pictures would be great

Attachments

• trvesecity.jpg
    trvesecity.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 1_two.jpg
    1_two.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 8
  • slawbanner.jpg
    slawbanner.jpg