Any good books for learning Arabic?

Submitter

:salam2:

Does anyone know of any good books for learning Arabic for people who ALREADY know how to read (and write I suppose) it, but not speak or understand it? We were taught how to read the Qur'an in madressa when I was younger but never the meaning of the words.

Jazakallah khair :)

:wasalam:

Oem Soufiane

salaam aleikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatuh,

that is the problem with learning arabic in a country where they don't speak arabic, i think it is very hard to learn, i also learned how to read and write, but the meaning is another thing. The most important meaning is ofcourse the quran and that is not so easy to learn from a book, if you want to learn arabic you usually get the daily things like shopping, greeting and talking about daily life, very difficult too learn pure arabic. i can't help you i am sorry, but if anyone knows a book where we can learn pure arabic, let us know, i want to learn it too. inshallah

shama

i think u shud get a quraan with the meaning in it that'll be more betta
but it will be hard though

Submitter

I read the English translation of the Qur'an often, but it would very very difficult to learn the Arabic language this way. But you are right brother - the best way would be to be amongst other Arabic speaking people in an Arabic speaking country, but unfortunately this isn't possible for me right now!

I know there are books available for absolute beginners, starting at the alphabet. But I was just wondering if anyone knew of any books that are actually aimed at people that already know how to read Arabic and are looking to learn how to speak the language.

My local masjid is actually offering Arabic classes every Sunday and the first class is tomorrow so I'm going to attend and find out more. But I fear it may be a class for absolute beginners. Anyway, see what happens :)

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam,

i recommend the Madinah Arabic books, i know quite a few brothers who were able to learn Arabic and speak it well through that. Its a series of 3 books, and it teaches arabic from basic to intermediate.

Of course, it is good to actually spend time in Arabic speaking environment to learn best. Egypt is well known place for learning Arabic.

Download Book 1

Download Book 2

Download book 3

Oem Soufiane

mashallah, thanks for the book-links, i know about Egypt a lot of sisters and brothers from Holland go there, I thought about moving there, but there are almost only universities for brothers, i couldn't find any for sisters, and unfortunatly my husband doesn't want to live there.

(hihi, yes submitter, i am a sister :hijabi: )

Submitter

Jazakallah khair for the books bro Mabsoot. Mashallah they look very useful.

I went to the Arabic class today and mashallah the teacher is very good, I enjoyed the class. And everyone in the class is in the same situation as me (knows how to read and write but not understand or speak) so we're just going to take it from there. Subhanallah what a great opportunity Allah has given us at our masjid. The main thing I remember from today:

Ma izmuka?
Isi Submitter :biggrin: (I think that's right :tongue:)

Thanks again for the books brother, they should prove to be a useful supplement to the classes.

(hihi, yes submitter, i am a sister :hijabi: )

Ooops sorry sis, my bad :redface:

hambaAllah

:bismillah:
:salam2: bros/sis
i cud read quranic arabic at a crawl, still learning,, but arabic without the tanwin is like greek to me, so now im learning one on one basis arabic grammar n the works, :confused: :confused: :confused: so much different fm english grammer but i will try my best, hopefully .We use arabic character for our jawi eg ساى سوك ماكن (saya suka makan = i like to eat) no tanwin but we have extra alphabets;thats is malay,, language used by Malay in Singapore,Indonesia n Malaysia, althou i think its dying off.:wasalam: :hijabi:

samiha

---------
Staff member
wa alaykum salam,

i recommend the Madinah Arabic books, i know quite a few brothers who were able to learn Arabic and speak it well through that. Its a series of 3 books, and it teaches arabic from basic to intermediate.

Of course, it is good to actually spend time in Arabic speaking environment to learn best. Egypt is well known place for learning Arabic.

Download Book 1

Download Book 2

Download book 3

I have these books and they are really very good, if only i had time to sit down and memorize words.

Here is a website that goes along with the books and provides sounds, quizes and stuff like that....

http://www.madinaharabic.com/

ibn azem

Super Moderator
Staff member

I was learning till before this Ramadan arabic online at:
http://voicecafe.optecs.net/alquranchat/voice.asp
(a voicechat room site): that's where u get the program from.
There's a brother that used to give us lessons on arabic with the books that brother Mabsoot put for downloading, but this brother is away for an unkown time:redface: which means weeks or months!!
Anyway, I hope he'll be back soon. But you have to know at least the arabic letters and u said that u do, so that is a plus, u can join in ofcourse insha'Allaah.

Oem Soufiane

barakalahu fiekum for the tips. Inshallah I will join, salaam aleikum:hijabi: