any one who can give tafthir of this hadith?

Prosperous

asthagfirullah
You original question:

I think both highlighted in green and in blue are not the same, it can be misconstrued.

:salam2: as I told I missed to write the pat about salat.,but i also know it was meant for salat,but forgot to specify that part in the ORIGINAL question. I am actually asking also about salat n salat only. sorry for being too careless about not mentioning the SALATH at original question.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
salam sis.
ya jazakALLAH khair, your explanation makes sense. Actually I was also having the same thought but wanted a confirmation since most of the time our minds tell us what is most appropriate to our sight and ofcox most of the time the wrong thing.
so now I can pray with my hair being collected in a bun.I have been making sure I go to prayer after combing and making just a tie with a clip..lol.
anyways sis there is another hadith which says(I'm also not bringing the exact hadith here as I do not remember from where I read it,but surely from a salat book)..which says rasool(saw), oneday saw a man praying with hair tied and he said something about his hair nots and it related to shaytaan...(I'm sorry I read tha hadith only once so does not remembermuch, but surely it was something about the not and shaytan)...and also the older people of my community think notting hair like we do when we are in a hurry is really bad and it is from shaytaan or something.
can you please clarify this also.....
p.s...you must be thinking I never got over this hair thing eh?but it really is a big thing FOR ME.

It was actually Abi Rafe'e not Rasulullah (saaws) sister :)..

Abi Rafe'e passed by Al-Hasan ibn Ali (raa) and saw him (raa) praying with his hair braided to the back and tucked..so Abi Rafe'e walked up to him..untucked the braid and untied it..when Al-Hasan (raa) turned in anger..Abi Rafe'e said continue your prayer I heard Rasulullah saying "this the tucking of shaitan" [this is cited by Ahmad, Al-Tirmidhi, Abu Dawood, and Ibn Haban in his sahih]

Also in sahih Muslim there's another instance mentioned..where Ibn Abbas saw Abdullah Ibn Al-Harith praying while his hair is braided and tucked so Ibn Abbas walked up to him and untied Abdullah's braid and untucked it..when Abdullah was done with prayer he went to Ibn Abbas and asked "What is it with you and my head?"..Ibn Abbas answered "I heard Rasulullah (saaws) saying 'the likeness of this (i.e. praying while hair is tucked/braided) is the likenees of one praying while bound"

As for my earlier citation about the hair tucking not being applied to women..it seems that this matter was confirmed by Shaikh Al-Albani (ra) and Al-Iraqi in Tuhfat Al-Ahwadhiy..I have *yet* to find sources on this *specific matter* in English..sigh

And sister no matter in Islam is unimportant..and in fact when one reads this hadith and remembers that in almost all matters of Sharia both men *and* women are addressed..you should ask detailed questions to know what is for you and what is unto you :)..I just hope that we all helped you in your question

:wasalam:

Prosperous

asthagfirullah
It was actually Abi Rafe'e not Rasulullah (saaws) sister :)..

Abi Rafe'e passed by Al-Hasan ibn Ali (raa) and saw him (raa) praying with his hair braided to the back and tucked..so Abi Rafe'e walked up to him..untucked the braid and untied it..when Al-Hasan (raa) turned in anger..Abi Rafe'e said continue your prayer I heard Rasulullah saying "this the tucking of shaitan" [this is cited by Ahmad, Al-Tirmidhi, Abu Dawood, and Ibn Haban in his sahih]

Also in sahih Muslim there's another instance mentioned..where Ibn Abbas saw Abdullah Ibn Al-Harith praying while his hair is braided and tucked so Ibn Abbas walked up to him and untied Abdullah's braid and untucked it..when Abdullah was done with prayer he went to Ibn Abbas and asked "What is it with you and my head?"..Ibn Abbas answered "I heard Rasulullah (saaws) saying 'the likeness of this (i.e. praying while hair is tucked/braided) is the likenees of one praying while bound"

As for my earlier citation about the hair tucking not being applied to women..it seems that this matter was confirmed by Shaikh Al-Albani (ra) and Al-Iraqi in Tuhfat Al-Ahwadhiy..I have *yet* to find sources on this *specific matter* in English..sigh

And sister no matter in Islam is unimportant..and in fact when one reads this hadith and remembers that in almost all matters of Sharia both men *and* women are addressed..you should ask detailed questions to know what is for you and what is unto you :)..I just hope that we all helped you in your question

:wasalam:
wa alaikumussalam sis.
jazakALLAH khair for the reply and clearing about the saying by ab'ee rafee as I told I read it only once which is long time back so messed up to whome it was adressed.*asthagfirullah**asthagfirullah*(sis,please pray for me as now I'm afraid of this>>>>anyone who says anything adressed to prophet(pbuh) about which he don't know or wrong is among those who are cursed.
please do pray for me and again jazakALLLA khair for all your responses.
wassalam alaikum

webzaheer

Assalamualaikum,

I am in little confusion now.
InshaAllah someone will clarify me.

What about tucking in the shirt before going for prayer.
I mean to say doing "in shirt".
Is it allowed. ?

wassalamu alaikum