anybody playing Farmville?

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:

I am a university student and some of my colleagues do play it. I would advise you to stay away from it. It seems to be a time consuming activity and to me. it is a plain waste of time. The folks spend time on it in the computer labs and perhaps at home too, when they could have been doing something productive or just relaxing. (There is also a mafia kind of game, also quite useless)

It would rather be useful to learn something new in that time, in a field that you know little about. Pick up a newspaper, weekly magazine etc etc and read through and you might actually come across something interesting.

Just my 2 cents.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
When I had Facebook I loved farmville XD
But I was level like 50, and it got boring. Another fun farm game is FARM TOWN :SMILY288:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:

I am a university student and some of my colleagues do play it. I would advise you to stay away from it. It seems to be a time consuming activity and to me. it is a plain waste of time. The folks spend time on it in the computer labs and perhaps at home too, when they could have been doing something productive or just relaxing. (There is also a mafia kind of game, also quite useless)

It would rather be useful to learn something new in that time, in a field that you know little about. Pick up a newspaper, weekly magazine etc etc and read through and you might actually come across something interesting.

Just my 2 cents.

:salam2:,

mashallah bro u are making good use of ur time but...

1. i dont play whole day actually. maybe 15-20 mins daily.

2. reading newspapers? oh no! i have almost stopped reading them bcoz i cant take all these news of blast, rape, murders anymore.

3. fun is allowed in Islam. but if a person forgets remembering Allah, salah, family duties...all types of fun can become non-permissible even swimming and spending time with one's wife.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:,

mashallah bro u are making good use of ur time but...

1. i dont play whole day actually. maybe 15-20 mins daily.

:wasalam:

I had forgotten about this thread altogether. Anyways here is what I make of it.

That could be 15-20 minutes of rest or ibadah. In the beginning, you play it for few minutes. But then, you have to just do this *little* thing to get to stage number 57 and become an 'expert' by trading this or that. Eventually you will end up wasting more time than you would like. Also, you are channeling your efforts and thinking abilities to something that provides you no benefit.

Rather, you can spend this time breathing some fresh air or stretch your joints. These might do you more good and keep you fresh to concentrate and continue your daily activities. It is better than tired eyes, that you get by staring at details on a computer games.

2. reading newspapers? oh no! i have almost stopped reading them bcoz i cant take all these news of blast, rape, murders anymore.

Nor was I suggesting that you read about murder,blasts and rape. There are other things present in daily/weekly/monthly periodicals. From science & technology to business, there is so much to explore and understand & broaden your horizons.

I am trying to convey that we should try to develop hobbies and interests that actually benefit or help us in some way or the other (while we are having fun).

Take care

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi