anyone from Turkey?

q8penpals

Salam - I am not in Turkey, but there is a good chance that my husband and I will be moving there next summer (for his job). I would like information about Ankara, specifically, if anyone is from Turkey, or has extensive experience there.

Thanks!

Lana

fatma betül

Hello, I am from Turkey. And I am currently living in Ankara.If you need any help in my country or more specific question you can write to me.Good evening.

mistrx

Come as you are..
hello

hello,

I am also from Turkey.

Well I can say that turkey is a pretty nice country with pretty nice people. The capital of Turkey is not Istanbul. It's Ankara.
If somebody is planning to go to Turkey he/she should also visit Istanbul !!

Istanbul is a vast city with a population of over 15 Mio. There's almost nothing you cannot find in Istanbul.

* Bazars (Souqs) the biggest is Kapali carsi. it is one of the biggest covered market in the world, with 58 streets and 4000 shops, and has 250,000-400,000 visitors daily.

* Mosques: The most beatiful ottoman mosques in the world are in Istanbul,

Süleymaniye Mosque (1550-1557): was built by Mimar Sinan (the teacher of the architect who built Taj Mahal). It is a huge building built on a hill. It's not possible to miss this mosque when you are in Istanbul.

The blue Mosque: The most known mosque in Istanbul, also built on a hill (you can see it from almost everywhere in istanbul).. It is also a very big mosque which was built in classic ottoman style...

7 Hills, 2 Seas, 2 continents, more than 3 islands, more than 20 different ethnic groups, more than 2 thousand years history, more than 10 million people... = Istanbul

...and many others...

* Food: Turkish food is very good, most known meal is Döner (in arabic Chawirma)

you can ask some questions now I have a black out

selam

cihadi

i just love the pazars and my favorite city is Bursa- its green and not too noisy

oh how i miss it all!!

muhammad.abdullah

Question for my Turk bro and sis

AOA

My dear brothers and sisters from Turkey, i am not turkish but i just love that country like my own. However i came across something which was like a knife stabbed into my heart. Now i am not raising any issue here nor will i comment on the answer, just tell me if my turkish sisters are allowed to wear hijab in public places and universities now?

:hijabi: forever

jazakallah kheir
wasalam

mistrx

Come as you are..
AOA

My dear brothers and sisters from Turkey, i am not turkish but i just love that country like my own. However i came across something which was like a knife stabbed into my heart. Now i am not raising any issue here nor will i comment on the answer, just tell me if my turkish sisters are allowed to wear hijab in public places and universities now?

:hijabi: forever

jazakallah kheir
wasalam

selam,

:) They are of course allowed to wear hijab in public places.. but in Universities so sorry I am no, they are not.

The reason of this is simple: Turkey is a Lazistic (secular) state, where ironically, the state rules over the Religion. Indeed many people (also turks) believe, that secularism is just splitting religion and state, but this is not possible in the practise.

So if the govenment thinks that religion is being spread all over the country to fast, they just conftront it with sanctions. While religion in the other hand doesn't have any power due the secular ideolgy.

The reason of why this all happened/happening in Turkey is of course a deep issue with many reasons..

make dua for your sisters...

selamunaleykum

hypriko

Türkiye

Hi all.i am also from Türkiye.I live in Istanbul.If anyone want to help about türkiye ,i want to help with pleasure.In addition,of course u can wear hijab in public area but u don't wear some placeses such as university.Major reason of this goverment and administrators such as military of Turkiye don'n know properliy islam and what is the roles of islam.It is crucial point.I hope it will be change oneday.Because %98 of People who live in Turkiye are turk and muslim.So if Allah said our forbidden of him by Quran and probhet Hz. Muhammed (SAV),we can do only one thing and this is OBEY.Noone in the world can't prevent our to obey these roles.
Allah will protect our them.

Thank u all for time to read my posts.

Muhsana

:salam2: I am also from Turkey. I live in Konya. My brothers and sisters are right. We are allowed to use hijab when we are in streets and our homes but it is forbidden in govermental sector. Our sisters are not allowed to study at universities and work as a teacher.

Please make dua for us.

Fiemanillah

:salam2:

tolga

selam,

:) They are of course allowed to wear hijab in public places.. but in Universities so sorry I am no, they are not.

The reason of this is simple: Turkey is a Lazistic (secular) state, where ironically, the state rules over the Religion. Indeed many people (also turks) believe, that secularism is just splitting religion and state, but this is not possible in the practise.

So if the govenment thinks that religion is being spread all over the country to fast, they just conftront it with sanctions. While religion in the other hand doesn't have any power due the secular ideolgy.

The reason of why this all happened/happening in Turkey is of course a deep issue with many reasons..

make dua for your sisters...

selamunaleykum

bana ne demek istediğin anlatırmsın bu yazıyla