Anyone know about Harun Yahya?

StudentOfLight

:Salam:

I wanted to ask for some clarity on Harun Yahya i.e: what are his beliefs and whether what he preaches is safe for the not so knowledgeable Muslim,
I find his documentaries to be rather informative but after recently watching some of his videos on youtube and seeing him surrounded by women with not so much of a modest dress sense I am rather confused. Also, some of his ideas about Jews seem rather shady to me. Thus, I wanted to ask, does anyone have more information about him regarding if
he has hidden agendas. Furthermore, should I continue watching these documentaries as they are mostly about nature? Or should I avoid them altogether? And does anyone know anymore documentaries relating to nature and the creation??

tic_tac_toe

I wanted to ask for some clarity on Harun Yahya i.e: what are his beliefs and whether what he preaches is safe for the not so knowledgeable Muslim,
I find his documentaries to be rather informative but after recently watching some of his videos on youtube and seeing him surrounded by women with not so much of a modest dress sense I am rather confused. Also, some of his ideas about Jews seem rather shady to me. Thus, I wanted to ask, does anyone have more information about him regarding if
he has hidden agendas. Furthermore, should I continue watching these documentaries as they are mostly about nature? Or should I avoid them altogether? And does anyone know anymore documentaries relating to nature and the creation??

:wasalam:

Please read the following treatise from a British Muslim and his thorough critique of evolution, one of the best investigations which I have read from someone who obviously knows the subject.

http://ukkhuddam.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/the-theory-of-biological-evolution-and-islam1.pdf

:jazaak:

MehmetHilmi

Harun Yahya (aka Adnan Oktar) is......... a really weird person. He has wonderful books and explains many issues very thoroughly. In fact in the local Islamic bookstore here in Fremont, there is a whole wall filled with his books. But his shows on the other hand, are just awkward. What is wrong is not that everyone else on the show is female. Neither is it that those females have their hair uncovered. But rather that all the females are pretty (actually, I wouldn't consider them pretty but you should get the point). Literally their faces are drenched in makeup, they wear tight revealing clothing, and yeah they don't look like they are random females from society, rather they seem liked handpicked females. He also has male students who appear on the show sometimes. His male students are also weird. I don't know what to make of him.

happilyeverhereafter

Not a perfect Muslim but a striving one! :)
Walakiumas Salam waramtallahi, sister!

I know exactly how you feel because when I was younger, I learned Islam from his books. His books are so popular and new books are always coming out. I don't know how he's been able to be so popular and catch up with all these new books. That's what is fishy to me! I'm not saying you cannot be a popular Islamic author, I'm just saying for him to be that popular in today's society. I don't know what I'm trying to say, lol, but I just felt something wasn't right. Also, I agree with what Brother Mehmet had said. I have seen a few of his talk shows and it just feels odd watching them. As for his nature documentaries, I would just check and verify if what he says is true. I have seen a couple, but I have never actually went to see if what was said is true or not, Islamically speaking. Bilal Philips warns against him on Youtube though because I believe he mentioned in the clip that in every last chapter of Harun Yahya's books, Harun ridicules the Muslims who believe Allah (awj) is above HIS Creation (which is dangerous for him to be doing considering to believe Allah is above HIs Creation is mentioned in an authethnic Hadith). Rather he [Harun] believes that Allah is everywhere (panthetheism) which is a major sin in Islam/shirk. So if you especially see Harun Yahya's clips incorporate this type of ideology, I would stay away from it. Allahu Alam!

zaman-gm

Performer can perform, presentator can represent. This is less important that how he does, more important what is does.
We have two Inestimable Touchstone Al-Quran and Al-hadith. Just need to test.
If there is anything go against them no matter what ever it is. Easy to understand the motive of the fact.