Arabic for Dummies

Amina 1

:salam2:

Jazak Allah Khair thank you for trying to help me increase my knowledge.
I have a problem with this book I do not speak Arabic yet inshallah I will soon but in the introduction of this book it said marhaba meant welcome and ahlan wa sahlan meant hello. So I do not trust it.

Bent_3arabia

Jazak Allah Khair thank you for trying to help me increase my knowledge.
I have a problem with this book I do not speak Arabic yet inshallah I will soon but in the introduction of this book it said marhaba meant welcome and ahlan wa sahlan meant hello. So I do not trust it.

really i did not read the book but in Arabic we use (marhaba or ahla wa sahlan)to welcome people, both of them give the same meaning but the arabic translation of welcome is (marhaba) .

inshallah u will be good in arabic soon.
salam

AmericanTeenager

I bought this book a while ago actually ^_^ I haven't really studied through it yet, but I certainly intend to *knows maybe three words in Arabic*

I do wish it went further in depth as far as reading/writing Arabic, as that helps a lot when learning a new language, but maybe it's just me. Overall, the "For Dummies" series is very highly acclaimed, at least in the US, so it should help you all as well insha'Allah ^_^