Are Mosques being left behind?

hst123

Do you see a new trend gaining dominance? Instead of going to mosques for prayers, Muslims have found an effortless remedy to this wearisome obligation and that is by praying individually at home. I was going through this write-up and it highlights some current norms prevalent in our society, which obviously are not supposed to be nurtured. These are intense problems awaiting a concrete solution.

Article: http://www.blog.avenueislam.com/2012/10/are-mosques-being-left-in-oblivion/

Are you following this new fashion or are you left behind? What's your feedback on this, how can we pull ourselves from this situation. Please frame your opinion in bullet points. I'll try and get some good points published directly on the blog.

Hussain

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I am very mixed on Masjids. I like to go mainly when other people wont be there.
I dont feel "at home" in a Masjid where there is a large prayer going on, like Jumuah and such.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

It is not that the masjids are being left behind. I just finished writing an article on this.

1. Our masjids are in crisis. We have a split in the masjids that is so great and yet is is ignored. We have an elderly immigrant population that has no clue of what is going on. They are run by clueless men.
2. As the administrators of the masjids happen to be clueless men they employ imams who became their employees and not leaders of the jummat. It becomes a political game. I have actually seen a sign posted outside a masjid that stated on political discussions allowed.
3. We have a crisis with our youth. We have youth who need instruction and social skills. There is none offered.

In brief, it is not the masjids but the community that is too busy and wanting to hold on to a dream that is unreal. A masjid reflects its community. And we are not paying attention to the communities. We have families and parties. We want success. We show off the Lexus and Mercedes. We flaunt the degrees but we have no heart.

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
(25:30) And the Messenger will say, "O my Lord, my people had made this Qur'an the object of their ridicule." *41

*41 The Arabic word mahjur is capable of several meanings. As such, the sentence may mean:" "these people did not regard the Qur'an as worthy of their consideration: they neither accepted it nor followed it"; or "They considered it to be a nonsense or the delirium of insanity: or "They made it the target of their ridicule and mockery."
asalaam aleykum

brothers and sister please forgive me if i have made Unintentional mistake.

but i think the question should be:-

Why-Are Mosques being left behind?