Are Muslims today misguided (by Hadith and Sunnah)?

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:salam2:
A good website, called submission.org, basically states that "Muslims are misguided by their other books".

I agree with this website. The Hadith were written by men, not by Allah. So why do we take it for law?

Allah states that the Qur'an is the "best Hadith", so why do we need man-made ones?

Allah said that "We will interpret the religion, not you, O Muhammad" so doesn't that render the Hadith (which is basically Muhammad interpreting Islam) invalid?

Allah also states that "if you (Muhammad) were to violate any of My laws, then We surely would've stopped the Revelation to you" (or something along those lines, but the message is the same).

Sure, you may say "but Allah said to follow the prophet" but Muhammad :saws: was following the Qur'an.

Also notice in Hadith how it's structure is basically "So-and-so was told by his uncle who was told by his uncle who was told by his father that the prophet said so-and-so". Who is to say that there wasn't corruption after all those generations?

Personally, I have accepted what submission.org is teaching us and have abandoned all Hadith laws and now I follow only the Qur'an; Allah's "Complete Word" and "the best Hadith" (those two quotes from the Qur'an).

:wasalam:

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
I'm always forgetting something, lol.

I'd also like to add that when Muslims add in "Allah, please bless Muhammad and his family" (you know, after the last Rakah) that it seems to be against the Qur'an. The Qur'an says that "you should not mention any other names besides Mine" (or somethign along those lines, but it still has the same message).

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
I don't understand where you're coming from. Are you really saying that we should not follow the sunnah of the prophet(pbuh)?
:astag:

I'm saying that we should follow only the Qur'an, for it was written by Allah, and not the Hadith/Sunnah, which was written by men.

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
???????

I don't understand where you're coming from. Are you really saying that we should not follow the sunnah of the prophet(pbuh)?
:astag:

You should be more careful in understanding Islam before you make comments like that.

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
You should be more careful in understanding this matter before you make comments like that

But what do you mean "more careful"? IMHO, Allah couldn't be more clear that we should follow only Him.

If you want a more in-depth argument, then I would suggest looking at submission.org, then looking at the sidebar where it says "Hadith & Sunnah". Many articles about it.

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
you should view this differently brother, What is wrong with the teachings of the prophet as they do't contradict the Qur'an

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
you should view this differently brother, What is wrong with the teachings of the prophet as they do't contradict the Qur'an

With all due respect, they do.

Surah 4:29: "Do not kill yourselves (nor kill one another). Surely Allah is most merciful to you"

But there are many Hadiths about Muhammad :saw: [allegedly] telling us to kill.

Also, why would we trust the "words" of Muhammad :saw: when considering the words of the Qur'an (some posted in my OP) and that the Hadiths were written so many years after his death?

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
You also say that it's wrong to mention the name of the prophet along with that of allah.
:shahadah:

The Shadah translates as "There is no God but Allah, and Muhammad is His prophet". I agree with that (as does a lot of "Qur'an-only Muslims") but some say that saying that Muhammad was Allah's prophet is like saying "We are humans".

But, in my OP, I was saying that we shouldn't shower praises upon Muhammad :saw: as some do in their prayers.

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
What do you mean 'why should we trust the words of Muhammed'.
The Qur'an was brought down to us from allah through the prophet(pbuh).

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
What do you mean 'why should we trust the words of Muhammed'.
The Qur'an was brought down to us from allah through the prophet(pbuh).
Do you mean to say that our prophet is untruthful?!!!

The "words" of the prophet :saw: as in the Hadith. Also, the Qur'an wasn't Muhammad's :saw: words, they were Allah's.

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
:salam2: Brother,

having read over your first post more carefully, i understand the points you are making. However, does that mean we have to completely disregard the hadith and the sunnah?

Imad

Assalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wabaraktuh dear brothers and sisters,

My dear brother you have to know that there is a sect called Koranien. This sect don't want to follow the sunnah of our prophet Mohammed Sallalahu 3alaihi wassalem. Without following the prophet you will not understand the Quraan. I will give you a question if you think about the answer insha Allah you will understand what i want to tell you.

One Question to you my dear brother: " Tell me how you want to pray if you don't follow the sunnah"

It's obligatory upon us to pray and Allah says we have to follow our prophet. The Quraan doesn't mention how to pray, so: " Tell me how you want to pray if you don't follow the sunnah"

Thank you i wait on your answer.

Wassalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wabaraktuh

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
Brother Imad is right, how can you properly practise Islam is you do not follow the sunnah of the prophet? The hadith and sunna guide us in many aspects of our life. How can you enter paradise if you choose to ignore the teachings of the prophet (pbuh).

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
One Question to you my dear brother: " Tell me how you want to pray if you don't follow the sunnah"

Same way all Muslims pray, except that you don't mention the "Blessings upon Muhammad :saw:, and upon Ibrahim :saw:" parts.

Abdul-Rahim Ali said:
:salam2: Brother,

having read over your first post more carefully, i understand the points you are making. However, does that mean we have to completely disregard the hadith and the sunnah?

I wouldn't say all, I would say most. There are some groups (known as "Qur'an-only Muslims") who reject all Hadith/Sunna, while there are some who reject only some (they say the ones that contradict the Qur'an).

I would say (and this is just me, so I could be wrong) to follow some and not all. The only problem is deciding from which ones Muhammad :saw: actually said, and the corrupted ones (either corrupted by accident or on purpose).

For example, I don't disagree with such things as how to pray and to pray a 2 rakah prayer when entering a Masjid, but I disagree with such things as "sleeping on your left is a major sin" (can't find the Hadith to support that).

Notice I said "I", so I can be wrong.

Also note that I don't believe everything submission.org says (such as I heard that they see Dr. Rashad Khalifa as a messenger; I don't believe that). Some of it, however, has some good Qur'an sources to back it up.

Saifullah

Surah 4:29: "Do not kill yourselves (nor kill one another). Surely Allah is most merciful to you"

But there are many Hadiths about Muhammad :saw: [allegedly] telling us to kill.

Reemeber always follow the authentic hadith's shuch as Sahi Bukhari Sahi Muslim etc,these are the mother books of islam .

Never did the prophet say to Kill your self,Never did the prophet say to kill an innocent person , The prophet did command to kill those who fight you in war which even the Quran states You will never find any command of the prophet which claims go kill women or childerns even if it were of the enemies .

Abdullah Ibn ‘Umar (rta) reports from the Prophet (sws) that once in a battle when it became known that a woman had been killed, the Prophet (sws) emphatically forbade the killing of the women and children. Sahih Bukhari 3015

Do not kill any old person, any child or any woman" (Abu Dawud).

"Do not kill the monks in monasteries" or "Do not kill the people who are sitting in places of worship" (Musnad of Ibn Hanbal).

A person from the Ansar narrates that once while traveling for a Jihad, because of great compulsion, some people of the Muslim army snatched some goats to quench their hunger. When the Prophet (sws) came to know about this, he overturned all the utensils and remarked: ‘plundered [food] is not better than dead meat’. Sahih Bukhari 2705

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
Only 1 islam

God has ordered us to obey the prophet (pbuh), so by following the sunnah we do just that. By saying I will follow the Qur'an and not the sunna is plain crazy.
You have to accept Islam completely, not the parts you want. There is no such thing as 'qur'an only islam' etc. Islam is Islam and there is no other subsitute.

Ayep

Deviation in Islam

:bismillah1:

A good website, called submission.org, basically states that "Muslims are misguided by their other books".

I agree with this website. The Hadith were written by men, not by Allah. So why do we take it for law?

Allah states that the Qur'an is the "best Hadith", so why do we need man-made ones?

Allah said that "We will interpret the religion, not you, O Muhammad" so doesn't that render the Hadith (which is basically Muhammad interpreting Islam) invalid?

Allah also states that "if you (Muhammad) were to violate any of My laws, then We surely would've stopped the Revelation to you" (or something along those lines, but the message is the same).

Sure, you may say "but Allah said to follow the prophet" but Muhammad :saws: was following the Qur'an.

Also notice in Hadith how it's structure is basically "So-and-so was told by his uncle who was told by his uncle who was told by his father that the prophet said so-and-so". Who is to say that there wasn't corruption after all those generations?

Personally, I have accepted what submission.org is teaching us and have abandoned all Hadith laws and now I follow only the Qur'an; Allah's "Complete Word" and "the best Hadith" (those two quotes from the Qur'an).

I see there are some misinfomation and misguidance on how you are intepreting Islam from that website you suggested. I suggest you
to stay away from it cause it is giving you false infomation. I believe this verses of the Quran below shall clarify your doubts. I suggest you check it thoroughly before you make judgement calls and present mistaken info to all Muslims. Best of all, find real Islamic scholars to to guide you in your studies because there are many deviant sects that call themselves Islam but reject our prophet and and many other things.

To clarify the concept of Sunnah and our obligation to follow it, Allah (subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa) said:
"Those who follow the apostle, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures),- in the law and the Gospel;- for he commands them what is just and forbids them what is evil; he allows them as lawful what is good (and pure) and prohibits them from what is bad (and impure); He releases them from their heavy burdens and from the yokes that are upon them. So it is those who believe in him, honour him, help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him,- it is they who will prosper." [Qur’aan 7:157]

Because this teaching is mentioned in general in this aayah, then it must include the rules in the Qur’aan and Sunnah.

A very strong indicator of the obligation upon us to follow the Sunnah can be found in this aayah:

"...And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam)) gives you, take it, and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it) , and fear Allah. Verily, Allah is severe in punishment." [Qur’aan 59:7] Allah has also made the obedience of Rasoolullaah (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) in conjunction with the obedience to Him:

"And obey Allah and the Messenger, that ye may obtain mercy." [Qur’aan 3:132]

We are asked by Allah (subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa) to answer any order by Rasoolullaah (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam):

"O ye who believe! give your response to Allah and His Messenger, when He calleth you to that which will give you life." [Qur’aan 8:24]

Allah made the obedience of Rasoolullaah (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) an obedience to Him, and following Rasoolullaah (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) an indication of the love of Allah subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa:

"He who obeys the Messenger, obeys Allah." [Qur’aan 4:80]

"Say: If ye do love Allah, Follow me: Allah will love you and forgive you sins." [Qur’aan 3:31]

And Allah subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa warrned us from not following the instructions of Rasoolullaah (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam):

"Then let those beware who withstand the Messenger’s order, lest some trial befall them, or a grievous penalty be inflicted on them." [Qur’aan 24:63]

Not only that, but Allah (subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa) told us that disobeying Rasoolullaah (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) is Kufr (disbelief):

"Say: Obey Allah and His Messenger.: But if they turn back, Allah loveth not those who reject Faith." [Qur’aan 3:32]

It was never allowed by Allah (subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa) that a believer disobey Rasoolullaah (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) order:

"It is not fitting for a Believer, man or woman, when a matter has been decided by Allah and His Messenger to have any option about their decision: if any one disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he is indeed on a clearly wrong Path." [Qur’aan 33:36]

To show that not following the ruling of Rasoolullaah (sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) when a dispute occurs is a sign of hypocrisy, Allah (subhaanahu wa ta`aalaa) says:

"They say, We believe in Allah and in the apostle, and we obey; but even after that, some of them turn away; they are not (really) Believers. When they are summoned to Allah and His apostle, in order that He may judge between them, behold some of them decline (to come)....The answer of the Believers, when summoned to Allah and His Messenger, in order that He may judge between them, is no other than this: they say, "We hear and we obey"; it is such as these that will attain felicity." [Qur’aan 24:47-51]

Allah knows best
:wasalam: bros and sisters

Ayan

]ASSALUM ALAYKUM
I JUST WANT TO ASK YOU ONE QUESTION SINCE YOU INSIST ON FOLLOWING THE QURAN ONLY AND NOT THE SUNNAH, WHERE IN THE QURAN DOES IT TELLS YOU TO PRAY OUT LOUD DURING FAJR PRAYER? OR HOW MANY RAKAS TO PRAY FOR EACH SALAD? WITH OUT ALLAH SENDING DOWN A MESSANGER TO FOLLOW BY EXSAMPLE WE WOULD INTERPRET THE RELIGION ACORDING TO OUR OWN POINT OF VIEW.
MAY ALLAH FORGIVE US AND GUIDE US TO THE STRAIGHT PATH.