are Shahih Bukhari and Muslim 100% authentic?

dian

Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters,
I have a question about Shahih Bukhari & Muslim, are Shahih Bukhari and Muslim 100% authentic? I saw in youtube a talk by Imam Shabir Ally and he has quoted several hadiths from Sahih Bukhari and Muslim clearly contradicts what the Quran says.
I also read in the internet that the age of Aisha when she married to rasulullah SAW was about 17 - 23. But we know that in shahih Bukhari & Muslim the age of Aisha was 6.
I am a bit confused about this.
Jazakallah khair.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alaikum wa rahmatuALlahi wa barakatuhu,

in simple answer yes , SAHIH bukhari and muslim, both are 100% authentic, their isnads (chains of narrations) have been checked and verified many many times, and after the book of Allah (swt), bukhari is the most authentic book and then muslim. It is agreed upon by the scholars of islam Alhumdulilah.

first of all you have to study the hadith from a scholar, and this is a very serious matter, reason being , you need to properly know the hadith, some words or way the hadith is worded makes alot of difference, we might not understand alot of context of the hadith and just reading it can confuse a person.

Let me just list the condition for authentic hadith
1- trustworthy narrator
2- Good memory
3- Continous and unbroken chain
4- Does not contradict that is more authentic
5- No hidden defects

Please don't ask me to explain them to you, cause i can't, but if you look at point 4, you will know that none of the authentic hadith contradicts quran, cause its the most authentic , they are kalam (words ) of Allah (swt), the reason you are feeling this is cause you are not understanding the hadith, alot of times the translation doesn't help so if you have these things in your mind please definitely see a scholar and my sincere recommendation when you study hadith, study with a scholar cause it will make the difference between day and night.

Regarding the hadith about Aisha (ra), there are many topics on this forum inshAllah you can search it and find the correct answer.

a_stranger

I am not a Schollar but yes I think that Sahih bukhari and Muslem are 100% right , some ignorant or arrogant people try to make muslems doubt their authenticity . My advice to those people please humble yourself and learn more ......their truth will be so clear for you......be careful you will be asked one day . Remember you are a human with restricted abilities........ don't overestimate your skills. The wise knowledgeable muslems accepted their authenticity , they were nearer to the time of our prophet salla Allah alaihi wa sallam , closer to the time of sahaba and spoke a better Arabic .

dian

Actually I had no doubt about Shahih Bukhari and Muslim but some lectures of some scholars made me confused. But you all are right that we are human with restricted abilities. If The wise knowledgeable muslems accepted their authenticity, so why I doubt it? Jazakallah khair for answering, may Allah Ta'ala reward you for your good deeds.

sachin4islam

Walikum Assalam:

Sahih Muslim and Sahih Bukhari can be trusted as most authentic books of Hadiths but simultaneously they can't be relied upon to be 100% accurate. I have myself read plenty of Hadiths from both these books which contradict Quran and moral character of Muhammad (SAW).

Allah (SWT) guaranteed preservation of Quran only. Allah knows the best.

Regards.

tic_tac_toe

Walikum Assalam:

Sahih Muslim and Sahih Bukhari can be trusted as most authentic books of Hadiths but simultaneously they can't be relied upon to be 100% accurate. I have myself read plenty of Hadiths from both these books which contradict Quran and moral character of Muhammad (SAW).

Allah (SWT) guaranteed preservation of Quran only. Allah knows the best.

Regards.

I have a question about Shahih Bukhari & Muslim, are Shahih Bukhari and Muslim 100% authentic? I saw in youtube a talk by Imam Shabir Ally and he has quoted several hadiths from Sahih Bukhari and Muslim clearly contradicts what the Quran says.
I also read in the internet that the age of Aisha when she married to rasulullah SAW was about 17 - 23. But we know that in shahih Bukhari & Muslim the age of Aisha was 6.
Jazakallah khair.

:salam2:

All Ahadeeth in Bukhari & Muslim are 100% Authentic according to chain of narrations. Would it be possible for you to give some examples to explain your point?

:jazaak:

:wasalam:

alf2

Islam is a way of life
I would like you to read about the subject of "the science of verifying hadith"

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Sister,

Take the time to read how hadith has been verified. It makes you appreciate Islam even more. The collectors went to great pains to make sure there were enough witnesses so everything was detailed. They traveled; they left no stone unturned. It makes you appreciate Islam because they did not allow room for doubt. They made sure there were no made-up stories. They made it easy on us. And we are fortunate. The haidth cover all aspects of life.

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!
Waliekumasslam warahmatullahi wabrakatu.

An authentic Hadith and Quran can never contradict however it might be deficiency of our understanding that they might look contradicting to us. Hence it's important to consult books of 'sharh' (Commentary) of Hadeeth, but since almost all of these books are in Arabic, So atleast we should ask a scholar about it.

Jazakallah khair.

Brother thariq2005 had posted this good article by Sheikh Ayman bin Khalid refuting this false argument:
http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8558&d=1338004575
The reason why some common muslims are infected by these is because they fail to have deeper insight of these topics, so shaytan finds its way to confuse them other way round.

Please read this book: http://qsep.com/books/modernists.html
Section II should give you a concise idea of topic inshallah.