Article - does prayer change God's mind?

Precious Star

I am going to throw in another caveat -- I agree with what Brother Kashif is saying, with the proviso that there are some things over which we have no control and which truly ARE pre-destined. Going back to one of life's greatest sources of protection and joy, I would love to have children but that doesn't mean I can do it, because God has not ordained a husband for me. So I can't just do it!

My father is almost 80 years old and he has smoked since he was 10. He has defied all odds and lived this long -- most people would have been dead by cancer or heart disease by now. My father's longevity is due to Allah's mercy on my father, my mother, and myself, and likely due to our dua's.

At the end of the day, our minds can unravel at all these mysteries -- why do some people have certain things effortlessly, while others spend their entire lifetimes making dua yet nothing materializes. Our life choices are our's, dictated by free will, but our life circumstances are not -- those are dicated by Allah's will.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam alaikum,

Because some people ask for forgiveness and recognize that Allah subhana wa taala loves them. It is that simple.

You have to ask Him to forgive you. The more you depend on Him the easier it is.

Sister,

You can not negotiate with Allah. If Allah blesses someone, Alhumdullila. I do not see in your writing a dependence on Allah. I do not see a need for Allah. You are upset because you do not have what you want. Your glass is half-empty.

Precious Star

Asalaam alaikum,

Because some people ask for forgiveness and recognize that Allah subhana wa taala loves them. It is that simple.

You have to ask Him to forgive you. The more you depend on Him the easier it is.

Sister,

You can not negotiate with Allah. If Allah blesses someone, Alhumdullila. I do not see in your writing a dependence on Allah. I do not see a need for Allah. You are upset because you do not have what you want. Your glass is half-empty.

With all due respect Aapa, you are not privy to what I say to Allah. You do not know if and how I ask for forgiveness for my past sins. All I have disclosed here on this public forum is my sorrow and dependence on Allah for alleviating my sorrow, and my "questionning" of things and search for answers.

I find that TTI in general is very quick to judge and make assumptions. As Believers, this is not correct. Only Allah knows.

I know its easy for you to say such things, because you had your babies, but honestly, I think you should refrain from making assumptions about the content and nature of my conversations with Allah. Unless you are walking in my shoes, you would not know how much much I depend on Him and what I have asked of Him, the extent to which I have begged for His forgiveness, etc. You do not know.

Precious Star

Asalaam alaikum,

What does my having babies have to do with you being single? Nothing.

I think you need to re-read what I wrote. You having babies has nothing to do with me. But if you read what I just wrote you will see that. The choice is yours.