As-Salamu Aleykom:from Ontarion:Canada

Destiny_Jannah

AsSalamu Aleykom brothers and sisters..May Allah SWA increase our hasanat and reward more in this month of Ramadan Insha'Allah...

Ramadan mubarak/Ramadan kareem all...

I'm new to this site....and I'm from Ontario...particulary Ottawa...the Nation's capital...what can I say about Ottawa?...hmmmm..Ottawa is wonderful place to be..the people are friendly, very tolerant society...you can take a walk down to rideau canal during summer and skate during winter time. you can meet different people from different cultures and religious background. Ottawa is where the Canadian parliament is located...is beautiful building that is worthy to visit..if you want to see more..you can visit the market place..and buy great Canadian souvenir...such as...' eh...is truly canadian expression'..:), hockey......Canadian pride..... and more places..it will require more time to explain the great things you can see in Ottawa...

I truly respect..the maple leaf....not the maple leaf hockey team...the maple leaf flag...the red maple...and my favourite MP is Chretien...his French accent..can make your day...

about me...I'm a Muslim...practicing..I adhere to the Islamic teachings and follow the Sunnah of prophet Mohammed peace and blessing be upon him.....as a muslim Allah blessed me with great things...beautiful life..wonderful family...May Allah bless them...they really did good job..and I'm really grateful..if it wasn't them my upbringing would be different......and...I'm in.. university..studying..........and Insha'Allah one day I will reach my gaols so I can serve humanity....balancing education..my duties as a muslim towards Allah S.W.A....and inviting Islam to non-muslim friends, and co-workers.....

anyways..I will be ending here...thanks for reading....Jazzak-Allahu khair

May Allah guide you all to the right path Insha'Allah...Ameen..

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
MashaAllah another Canadian! Alhamdulilah! Welcome to the TTI.com community my dear respected Sister Destiny_Jennah! I like the name ;D

It sounds like Allah is blessing you and your family very generously in Ottawa; and my heart sings to hear of it, eh? ;-) The "eh" is always just a joke. =D Anyway InshaAllah you will find this website and its community also very tolerant and helpful in your quest deeper into Islam.

May I also commend your efforts to serve humanity. This is also a dream and desire that I share, not only so that we can work towards ending the unnnessesary world suffering/injustice but also because I know Allah smiles upon us when this is our sincere intention; and I like to make Him happy. ;-)

Assalamu Alaikum and may this year's Ramadan be a bountiful time for your, and indeed everyone's spirit to grow! =) Take care, eh.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum Salam Wa Rahmatullah,

welcome to the site, Im glad that Ottawa is a tolerant and nice place. Alhamdulilah, may Allah help the Muslims there.

Insha'Allah one day I will reach my gaols so I can serve humanity....balancing education..my duties as a muslim towards Allah S.W.A....and inviting Islam to non-muslim friends, and co-workers.....

InshaAllah sister, but you have already done a bit here, by making this thread and being part of the community. Now, many will read and gain better understanding of Muslim people and of Canadians!

The Prophet :saw: said:
"The believers, in their love, mutual kindness, and close ties, are like one body; when any part complains, the whole body responds to it with wakefulness and fever." [Muslim]

Destiny_Jannah

AsSalamu Aleykom...JAzzak-Allahu khair for welcoming me here....brother brandon..good to see here another Canadien (Canadian)...from AB...and by the way the 'eh' is true..:)..

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
Hahaha, shhhh! Don't tell them, eh. ;-p

Truthfully, when Candians say "eh" it's for 1 of 3 reasons.

1.) Less educated, often more ignorant Canadians use "eh" alot at the end of their sentances instead of taking the time to think of a more full and proper sentance.

2.) It's become something of a Canadian hallmark across the world that we say "eh", instead of the Americans who say "hey", or the Brits who use both and then some. ;D Therefore, it is with some humility that we willfully take on this noise to show our Canadian pride and lack of fear.

3.) It's a joke, eh. We use it for humour, eh? Like, uhhh, when Mr. Cretien met with, ehhhh, the Queen of England, eh, he like seemed to be a little ignorant, eh? He said Eh alot that one visit, I remember hearing, eh. It's like, ehhhh, when Mr. Bush uses "ehhhh", "uhhhh" alot it's almost like an underhanded way of showing disrespect, eh? But "eh" has more humour than the ignorance like "ehhh" does, eh? ;D

M

muslimen

salam al wrb;

I hope realy to know more and more on islam in canada; muslims; mosques...

I'm very honored to discuss with muslim converts and to tell you the truth i hope from allah since i was 15 to get married with muslim convert sister.

Jazakum allah khayran

salam ala wrb.

Kayote

Salam & welcome,

Whats with Canadian lately... you people are on a roll here at TurntoIslam.

May Allah guide you to achieve your goals.

Salam

Destiny_Jannah

nothing much...Canada is the place to be..by the way..do you know what makes Canada a unique?..;)..is not about the race Canadian belong..is all about the values they share.....and..how they treat their citizens..:)

Destiny_Jannah

brandon...how are you brother..I hope you are doing well in AB....some Ontarions are moving to rich oil province..but I heard it gets very cold during winter.....anyway..Just wanted to say...Salaam/peace..and have happy Iftar..

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
Hey Destiny_Jennah =)

Thanks for asking - you made me smile, and I needed to smile actually right at this moment. I am MashaAllah (just as God wants me ;-)); I'm quite happy, things are going well with my new family =), and the work situation has improved dramatically. I'm transitioning in life right now, from my Old Life to a Muslim life, including new jobs with other Muslims more and more now. I have to admit, it's not easy being a Muslim - least not at the beginning, I can't quite see into the future ;-p (heheh) but I hope with repetition and faith it'll get easier. It's fun trying to be the best human being I possibly can, and to know that God grins when I do/say proper things (Okay, I know he doesn't have a mouth and isn't physical like us, but you know what I mean ;-p).

You know what, strangely enough I have noticed a big influx of Ontarions to Edmonton in the last month (from liscence plates I see on the roads, and from talking with people). Alberta is such a beautiful province with increasing oppourtunities for all, and it's especially beautiful in autumn. =) As for winters - strange that you would ask - but the fact is that our winters are now no longer anywhere near as severe as they were 10 years ago, or the virtual Ice Ages we'd experience 30+ years ago. Funnily enough, I was just remarking the other day on how our situation (Global Warming, milder winters) comes with mixed blessings in that many of my Muslim brothers and sisters here are immigrants from warm climate countries. Alhamdulilah, I think it's in Allah's plan that our brothers/sisters don't have to go through what my parents or grandparents went through and that Canada as a whole is becoming much more Muslim-friendly ;-p. Come visit sometime, I'd be happy to introduce you to our brothers and sisters at the Mosque - Did you know that our Mosque was the first one in all of N. America? Alhamdulilah! =)

Talk to you later =) Hope you and your family are doing well. Assalamu Alaikum

PS: Call me Ahmed - it brings out the best in me. ;-)

Destiny_Jannah

AsSalamu ALeykom everyone?..

how is Ramadan going all of you..Insha'Allah you are all enjoying...and taking advantage of this blessing month..and to change for the better..Insha'Allah...you never know if you will be around for the next Ramadan...

this month of Ramadan.. is more reflection..reason of why we are here, reflecting on what you have and what others don't have..there are people in the world..who go hungary for days..and sometimes..as result die..people live in wealth nations sometimes don't realize how fortunate they are compare to poor nations in the thirdworld nations..Sometimes you have to ask..why are these people go through these hardsh situations...why others don't even experience a bit of difficult times?.....and no answers to these question..

ALLAH is testing their faith..and their patience...sometimes is good to reflect.what is going on around so you might learn something..and don't be judgemental about poor people...there was a term use in psychology I don't remember the term...there people who believe perfect world..and think they can control the outcome...these people blame poor people for their situations..they say if they did such and such they won't be poor now...if they work hard..they won't be in these situations..unfortunately..humans can't control the outcome of these situations..only God can control...

anyways...just writing anything that comes to my mind :)
brother Ahmed...how are you...how is AB..I started lately giving some interest AB..and I don't know if is like Ottawa..or may be not so close to Ottawa..;)..tell me about it? Are the Muslims concentrated in one area or scatter all of over Edmonton?..

have good Ramadan..insha'Allah...

AsSalamu ALeykom

Destiny_Jannah

AsSalamu ALeykom everyone?..

how is Ramadan going all of you..Insha'Allah you are all enjoying...and taking advantage of this blessing month..and to change for the better..Insha'Allah...you never know if you will be around for the next Ramadan...

this month of Ramadan.. is more reflection..reason of why we are here, reflecting on what you have and what others don't have..there are people in the world..who go hungary for days..and sometimes..as result die..people live in wealth nations sometimes don't realize how fortunate they are compare to poor nations in the thirdworld nations..Sometimes you have to ask..why are these people go through these hardsh situations...why others don't even experience a bit of difficult times?.....and no answers to these question..

ALLAH is testing their faith..and their patience...sometimes is good to reflect.what is going on around so you might learn something..and don't be judgemental about poor people...there was a term use in psychology I don't remember the term...there people who believe perfect world..and think they can control the outcome...these people blame poor people for their situations..they say if they did such and such they won't be poor now...if they work hard..they won't be in these situations..unfortunately..humans can't control the outcome of these situations..only God can control...

anyways...just writing anything that comes to my mind
brother Ahmed...how are you...how is AB..I started lately giving some interest AB..and I don't know if is like Ottawa..or may be not so close to Ottawa....tell me about it? Are the Muslims concentrated in one area or scatter all of over Edmonton?..

have good Ramadan..insha'Allah...

AsSalamu ALeykom

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
Hey Sister =) Assalamu alaykum,

Glad to hear that you're taking the time to really reflect on the true blessings of Ramadan. I for one have always thought about the starving people of the so-called "third world", and this Ramadan has only made my convictions stronger regarding the West's selfish disregard for their wellbeing. InshaAllah one day my wife and I will go to Africa and build new hope and vitality for those people. InshaAllah we will be safe and be of good service to the people.

I've been... better. I mean, I'm not doing very well this past week. I've missed lots of Sallahs and haven't fasted like I wanted, as I've been sort of depressed. =( I'm under a lot of new pressures now, and I've even been wondering from time to time if my marrying another Western was such a good idea; we're still having some... struggles, and I've wondered if it would have been better to marry a longtime Muslima like I'd originally planned when I reverted - so that I have someone who's better able to support my devotions and learning regarding Allah and this noble deen. Oh well, I guess this is my fate ...

Edmonton is a much cleaner, better organised city than Ottawa (our streets are laid out on a numbered grid, very easy to navigate) - If I may say so =) I've spent lots of time in both now, as my Grandma used to live in Ottawa before she passed away. There's generally less crime, too, except in the poor areas of the city where low-lives and criminals tend to hang around. Edmonton is home to the 2nd largest shopping centre in the world (not that many Muslims care ;-p): West Edmonton Mall - If you are looking for something in particular and you can't find it at your regular stores, chances are that you'll find it there somewhere. ;D Edmonton is also a smaller, newer city than Ottawa (we've got ~1.2million). As far as the Muslim community goes, it's my understanding that Muslims can be found throughout the whole city, but that there are certain concentrated areas. For instance, "Mill Woods" area is very densely populated by Indian and Pakistani Muslims. The Al-Rashid mosque where I go is surrounded by a massive Muslim community too, but it's much more diverse than what you'll find anywhere else in the city.

InshaAllah, why don't you come visist sometime, D_J? Even if only for a weekend - the flights don't cost much, and if you get connected with the Muslim community before you come I'm sure you can stay for free too. ;-p There's lots to see and concider, this is really a great city but you need to experience it for yourself to know what all is available. I could ask my wife to introduce you to the sisters at Al-Rashid (first mosque ever in n america ;D), and I'd be happy to suggest places to visist. Maybe to just get started, take a look at the Edmonton City Website as well as the Edmonton photos from this tourism site ;-p and then you can concider more.

Take care =)
brother Ahmed