Video Ask the Muslim woman video

Rawa

salam

I think Almighty Allah does not say a muslim woman should be dressed in full. But she can have her face as well as her hands unveiled. Since they can have these three parts of their bodies unveiled, why some muslim sisters wear full hijab, or rather niqab?!!! If there is something allowed in Islam, why should we disallow it?!!

Yours in faith,
Rawa, Liverpool

muharram23

Staff member
I think Almighty Allah does not say a muslim woman should be dressed in full. But she can have her face as well as her hands unveiled. Since they can have these three parts of their bodies unveiled, why some muslim sisters wear full hijab, or rather niqab?!!! If there is something allowed in Islam, why should we disallow it?!!

Yours in faith,
Rawa, Liverpool

brother when you say something like that, you need some proof from the quran and sunnah. One of the pios salef said, that if it wasnt for isnad (chain of narration in hadeeth) people would talk about the religion how ever they wanted.

Question:
Is the niqab a pre-islamic custom if not what is the evidence (qur'an or hadith) to support the wearing of niqab, and is it preferred for sisters to wear the niqab?
jazakumallaahu khairan.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

We have already spoken about the fact that it is obligatory for women to cover their faces in Question #2198, so please refer to that question.

With regard to the niqaab, this is a cover or veil with a hole in it for the eyes. It is a way of dressing that was known to Muslim women at the beginning of Islam, and it is mentioned in the hadeeth of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in which he mentions what women in ihraam (for Hajj or ‘Umrah) are not allowed to do. He said: “The woman in ihraam should not cover her face with a veil or wear gloves.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 1707). Some of the scholars mentioned that a woman may uncover her left eye in order to see where she is going, and if necessary she may uncover both eyes. The opening should only be wide enough for the eyes, and the woman should beware of wearing a niqaab with wide openings lest the beauty of her eyes becomes apparent and the niqaab becomes a means of temptation instead of a veil covering her beauty and adornment.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

also

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=21134&ln=eng&txt=niqaab

Rawa

Niqab!

Salam,

Thank you for you said. Please look at the follwoing Hadith.

وأخرج أبو داود والبيهقي عن عائشة رضي الله عنها أن أسماء بنت أبي بكر رضي الله عنها دخلت على رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم وعليها ثياب رقاق فأعرض عنها رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم وقال لها :"يا أسماء، إن المرأة إذا بلغت المحيض لم يصلح أن يرى منها إلا هذا وهذا "، وأشار إلى وجهه وكفيه".

Muwahi-1

Asalamu alaikum wb

Refutation For those who claim niqaab is not wajib and the face and hands of a woman can be seen by (ghairMahrrum) strange men.

Refutation from Shaikh Ibn Uthaymeen

This is taken from the book "Hijaab" by Shaikh Ibn Uthaymeen from Saudi Arabia. Printed by Madrasah Arabia Islamia Azaadville- South Africa.

Translated by Hafedh Zaheer Essack, Rajab 1416 (December 1995)

The Ulamah who are of the opinion that it is permissible to look at the face and hands of a strange woman (who is not mahrrum) say so mainly for the following reasons.

The hadeeth of Ayeshah (Radhiallaahu Ánha) when Asmaa (Radhiallaahu Ánha) the daughter of Abu Bakr came to the Rasulullaah (Sallallaahu Álayhi Wasallam) while wearing thin clothing. He approached her and said: 'O Asmaa! When a girl reaches the menstrual age, it is not proper that anything should remain exposed except this and this. He pointed to the face and hands. But this hadeeth is WEAK because of 2 main weaknesses.

There is no link between Ayeshah (Radhiallaahu Ánha) and Khalid bin Dareek, who narrated the hadith from her. And in every chain of narrators Khalid bin Dareek is mentioned.

In the chain of narrators Sa'eed bin Basheer appears, who is known by most of the Muhaditheen as being a weak narrator.

This has been mentioned by Imaam Ahmad bin Hanbal (Rahimahullah), An-Nasai (Rahimahullah), Ibn Madeeni (Rahimahullah) and Ibn Ma'een (Rahimahullah). This is also why Imaam Bukhari (Rahimahullah) and Muslim (Rahimahullah) did not except this hadeeth to be in their books. (From Shaikh Ibn Uthaymeen in the book "Hijaab" pages # 17 and 18.)

We also have to see that the Muhadith Abu Dawood when he quoted this hadeeth put with it that it is Mursal (with a broken chain that does not lead up to the Sahabah).

(From The Book "Hijaab wa Safur" under the fatwaa of Shaikh Abdul Aziz Bin Bazz on Page #61. Also stated as being weak by Shaikh Nasiruddeen Al-Albaani in his Daeef Sunan Abu Dawud in Kitab-ul-Libas under hadeeth number 4092 (which is the original hadeeth number.)

An other thing that shows the weakness of this hadith is that after the ayah for hijab (Surah Al-Ahzaab – Verse #59) was revealed then the women of Sahaba wore a complete veil and covered the faces and hands. This includes Asmaa (Radhiallaahu Ánha) the daughter of Abu Bakr, who is supposed to have narrated this hadeeth. Asmaa (Radhiallaahu Ánha) covered herself completely including the face, this has been narrated in authentic hadeeth in Imaam Malik's "MUWATTA Book 20 Hadeeth # 20.5.16."

wa alaikum asalam wb

Muwahi-1

Asalamu alaikum wb,

Here is this video on the normal youtube website

[yt]DWSd3H-DPUk[/yt]

Hope you enjoy!!

Wa Alaikum Asalam wb

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

That was nice. I needed that. I am in hijab and have bought one veil. I am a little scared but InshaAllah, I will venture out of the house soon with a veil. I know when I smile in hijab, the returning smiles are very warm.

Rawa

Salaam,

That was nice. I needed that. I am in hijab and have bought one veil. I am a little scared but InshaAllah, I will venture out of the house soon with a veil. I know when I smile in hijab, the returning smiles are very warm.

Salam Sister,

But do not forget:
"Sometime tears are more special than smiles, smiles can be given to everybody but tears are only shed for those whom we love the best!!!"

Wish you Aljannah
Rawa, Liverpool

Muwahi-1

Revelation of Al-Hijab

Hadith - Bukhari 1:148

The wives of the Prophet used to go to Al-Manasi, a vast open place (near Baqia at Medina) to answer the call of nature at night. 'Umar used to say to the Prophet "Let your wives be veiled," but Allah's Apostle did not do so. One night Sauda bint Zam'a the wife of the Prophet went out at 'Isha' time and she was a tall lady. 'Umar addressed her and said, "I have recognized you, O Sauda." He said so, as he desired eagerly that the verses of Al-Hijab (the observing of veils by the Muslim women) may be revealed. So Allah revealed the verses of "Al-Hijab" (A complete body cover excluding the eyes).

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Ahzab 33:59

O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils)* all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

*the arabic word here is Jalabeeb (plural of Jalbaab), which is the loose outer garment that covers all a woman's body. It says here to use the Jalabeeb to cover all, and scholars say this means to use it to cover her head (agree upon by all scholars) and her face (agreed by many scholars, not all) and one or both eyes, in order for it to be known that she is a free woman and so not to be exposed to any harm.

Hadith - Bukhari 6:282

'Aisha used to say: "When (the Verse): 'They should draw their veils over their necks and bosoms,' was revealed, (the ladies) cut their waist sheets at the edges and covered their faces with the cut pieces."

Hadith - Abu Dawud, Narrated Umm Salamah, Ummul Mu'minin

When the verse "That they should cast their outer garments over their persons" was revealed, the women of Ansar came out as if they had crows over their heads by wearing outer garments.

The lower half of the hijab is a garment that does not show the woman's figure. Jeans and certain obvious garments do not meet this requirement.

Hadith - Abu Dawud, Narrated Dihyah ibn Khalifah al-Kalbi
The Apostle of Allah was brought some pieces of fine Egyptian linen and he gave me one and said: Divide it into two; cut one of the pieces into a shirt and give the other to your wife for veil. Then when he turned away, he said: And order your wife to wear a garment below it and not show her figure.