Asked to pray for friend

Bottlecap

So as some of you know I am dealing with a religious questions that I need answered in my own head. http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32852 here if you're curious. Today I was talking with a friend who used to be my boss, he asked that I pray for his family and his unborn child, (long story short the Doctors feel they might lose the child), I didn't have the heart to tell him I'm on a prayer hiatus. I just don't know if I can humble myself enough to pray, but I do feel if there's anything I can do to help this child I would/should.

Sorry this is the only place I know I could share this...

Regards,
Bottlecap

ShyHijabi

In years past I too went on prayer hiatus, usually when my soul was in a great deal of sadness and hopelessness. But if something like your situation occured (and it did) I would simply take a second and say, "Father, if you are listening, please make her well." It didn't cost me anything and often those prayers were my most heartfelt. I hope you find your way soon to some peace, my friend.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

Boomerang

Bottlecap,

I will pray for your friend, but I wonder why you feel you cant pray. If anything, I think that is the thing you need the most, to connect to god. Even to sit and read the Quran at prayer times, would be better than nothing (wouldn't it? If i am wrong here please let me know, I am new to all of this.)

I hope you find Allah most merciful and forgiving

Bottlecap

Bottlecap,

I will pray for your friend, but I wonder why you feel you cant pray. If anything, I think that is the thing you need the most, to connect to god. Even to sit and read the Quran at prayer times, would be better than nothing (wouldn't it? If i am wrong here please let me know, I am new to all of this.)

I hope you find Allah most merciful and forgiving

Very fair question my friend, I am one of the members here who isn't Muslim but I really enjoy the conversations here. I am not praying or even thinking of my self in religious terms because I am going through a period of time where I am utterly questioning the nature of God/Allah. And I feel that prayers right now would be false.

Boomerang

Bottlecap,

Well I was posting to you, when I should have been praying myself. :eek: I am actually so embarrassed, but I havent been a Muslim, a week yet, so I prayed late, and am moving forward, keeping mindful of my next prayer.

I have been where you are, and an online friend reminded me, (unquoted) that when one makes a step towards Allah, He makes two towards you......and He does!

Questioning is good. Good luck on your path, and May you see the truth.

regards
kylie