Assistance required

Wiseguy74

Does anyone know a good Imam in Brampton, Canada? Someone I know wants to buy a house there on mortgage but I want him to know that it is not right in Islam.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
I live in Canada and let me just say nowadays if a person wants to own a piece property anywhere in this country you'll either have to be a CEO of a gigantic corporation, Paul Martin, or already have a million dollars in your bank to purchase a place right a way. There are Islamic banks the only thing is they charge "fees" instead of interest, in the end it's basically the same thing.
I'm not saying get a mortgage and get charged interest, what I am saying is there are other options out there whether they are better or not is between you and Allah (SWT). I would love to own property one day inshAllah but most likely I won't be able to pay the lump sum all at once. Allah (SWT) knows best

maryiam

salam brother,

i know one in canada brampton, it called Islamic forum of canada the imam married me and my husband, he called iman faisal. Here is the site www.islamicforum.net, inshallah I hope it helps. he can help u with ur question.

walikum salam ,
maryiam

Leila1

Assalam Alaykum

I am from Toronto (close to Brampton) and an Imam I am familiar with is Shabir Ally you can contact him at [email protected] if you would like his contact phone # please let me know inshallah

sister leah

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister Jabba,

The only way I was able to purchase my home and pay cash was to buy an old home and now I have to fix it. I can make you laugh but I spent all weekend on a ladder taking down wallpaper...the bathroom needs to be gutted..i had to shut the cold water for the sink because my floorboards buckled and it will cost me $3000.00 to fix the bathroom...while I was on the computer I heard a tick tick tick ...i have a leak in my ceiling..so now I have to get on the roof and patch it up and save money to fix the roof and the bathroom and then i need to insulate the house before winter...

so i spent the day on the computer....nursing my ankle..all this happened within a four week period.

On a serious note...in the states they have incentive programs such as HUD...a government agency that will assist people in purchasing homes provided they fit in a very limited income bracket...something outrageous 19,000 a year for a family of three....does Canada have any incentive programs for low or moderate income levels...for students...?

truesuccess

Proud to be a Muslim
One of the senior person told me regarding the same ( Loan with Interest, Insurance etc..)

He Said

Every human being is having different status, Some are Rich, Some are poor, Some are in Middle, Some have life satisfaction, Some donot etc etc..

This system is that ALLAH has given to us

Now while using Interest, this System becomes imbalance ( i.e The amount you have to pay is more than actual amount. )

Mostly people are not able to pay and hence instead of profit they loose and become more poor.

One of the Sign of Qiyamah ( Day after resurrection ) is :
Interest will become common

Now even muslim dont think this is Haram

Allah help us to understand and follow the right way .. AAmeen

Wassalam

P.S : What ever Right information mention above was from ALLAH, and if any False details was shared, that was from me myself. May ALLAH help us to follow the Right information and us from any False details..Aameen

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
On a serious note...in the states they have incentive programs such as HUD...a government agency that will assist people in purchasing homes provided they fit in a very limited income bracket...something outrageous 19,000 a year for a family of three....does Canada have any incentive programs for low or moderate income levels...for students...?

:salam2:

They have a first time buyer incentive, I believe they give you a tax break........I'm not 100% sure on this though, I still rent :p.
I think it's great you bought yourself a "fixer upper" :) that way you can tweek your house to your wants and needs, have fun with it :hijabi: