At times i dont feel as strong, is there something that can help me?

tru follower

I havent been a pure muslim my whole life but as of a couple months ago i decided to change my ways and pray 5 times and follow the straight path. Before i changed though i was very corrupt, misguided, arrogant, prideful, and a marijuana abuser. Islam forbids me to lie so i must admit i did smoke a small amount like 2 weeks ago, which i highly regret doing and i still feel bad about. but i dont know im new to Islam and i just feel its quite hard to go the right path with such negativity and no good muslim friends to help guide me, thats why i come here to seek help and respect because i do want to become righteous and go about the right path. Is there some prayers or any advice that can help me go about the right path and to stay on the right path? because other than the marijuana, which i have given up, i also stopped all of my other nasty habits so i know im making some progress, anyways thanks in advance brothers and sisters.

Al Qassimi

Salam Aliekom,

Some Muslims get corrupted a period of their life, but, look at you, your going back to the right path and Allah has given you the chance, as He is the Most Merciful.

Start Praying first, step by step, do NOT put too much pressure on yourself because if you do then you will go back to your old bad habits.

Second thing I would like to point out is learn more about your faith. Read the Quran, then learn the Sunnah.

Third thing, if you need any help or anything else, your always welcome to post here at TTS:)

W'Salam

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:salam2:
your doing great by choosing the right path... mashallah..
advice, you have to repent sincerly
be patient
always keep Allah(swt) and 'dhiker' on your tongue
always recite quran
remember DEATH.. and hell jannah and afterlife.
always PRAY
and just fllow islam.. but i feel these are most important of All^^ to me

PS. may Allah help you and guide you :D
welcome to the right place for dawwa

to clear any misconceptions you have; THE MISCONCEPTION THREAD
but i feel this should be delayed a bit as your new... but you can still take a quick look :)

tru follower

yes indeed god bless, i am just so greatful i found this site so i can talk to people that listen and give good criticism. may Allah bless us

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
I havent been a pure muslim my whole life but as of a couple months ago i decided to change my ways and pray 5 times and follow the straight path. Before i changed though i was very corrupt, misguided, arrogant, prideful, and a marijuana abuser. Islam forbids me to lie so i must admit i did smoke a small amount like 2 weeks ago, which i highly regret doing and i still feel bad about. but i dont know im new to Islam and i just feel its quite hard to go the right path with such negativity and no good muslim friends to help guide me, thats why i come here to seek help and respect because i do want to become righteous and go about the right path. Is there some prayers or any advice that can help me go about the right path and to stay on the right path? because other than the marijuana, which i have given up, i also stopped all of my other nasty habits so i know im making some progress, anyways thanks in advance brothers and sisters.

:salam2:

believe me brother i go through similar challenges. none of us are perfect, but the key is that when we stumble and fall, that we rush to stand up again and be better than the last time. it's a problem when we sin and just lay in it, not seeing a problem with it. i heard shaykh yasir qadhi say that we should try to be best of sinners; meaning that we should see the smallest sins as large. that people think of small sins being small, but when all the small sins are added up, the equal to much trouble. the best of sinners are quick to make tawbah to ALLAH SWT and tries his best not to repeat them again. this is what we should try to be. we should make it our business to make tawbah when we sin. we know that when we repent with sincerity, ALLAH SWT forgives. so don't lose heart if you stumble a few times.
:wasalam: