Athaan and Recitation as a ringtone?

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
The ruling on using the Athaan and the Noble Qur’aan instead of music on the cell phones.​

Question:What is your opinion regarding whoever places on the cell phone instead of Music, the Athaan or recitation of the Noble Qur’aan?

Answer: This is degrading (or misusing) the Athaan, Thikr, and the Noble Qur’aan. So these should not be taken as alarms (i.e. ring tones). The Qur’aan is not to be taken for use as an alarm. It might be said: “This is better than music!” Ok, the music – are you forced to use it?! Leave the music, and put something that is an alarm tone (i.e. normal ringing). Something that does not contain music, nor does it contain Qur'aan. It should be a simple ring only.

From a tape entitled: Liqaa’ Maftooh ma’a Ash-Shaikh Al-‘Allaamah Saalih Bin Fawzaan Al-FAWZAAN (hafidhahullaah). Dated 10-23-1426 Hijri.
Translated by Aqeel Walker
2/24/07

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
I was always wondering that, :ma: I do hear the Quran as a ringtone sometimes, so this is good to know. You will not be focused on the Quran recitation, just that you have a call, and also beware of the Quran recitation in the bathroom also. Jazakallahu Khairan for sharing.:muslim_child:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
I was always wondering that, :ma: I do hear the Quran as a ringtone sometimes, so this is good to know. You will not be focused on the Quran recitation, just that you have a call, and also beware of the Quran recitation in the bathroom also. Jazakallahu Khairan for sharing.:muslim_child:

Baarakallaah feeki sister.

I think the worst cases of hearing such a ringtone go off are the following, both of which I have wtinessed.

1) The Imam is leading a loud prayer and a phone goes off with reciation.
2) Your burying the dead and the ringtone with Qur'aan goes off!

ScotsMuslim

Live for Allah and His Rasool (saw)
it now makes me think of the athan alarm clock.

the Azaan (as my Alaram) makes me get up for Fajr... when i hear it, it makes me get up for prayer.. cuz im hearin the name of Allah instead of nothing n they shaytan powering me... so im not sure bout the 1st post.

JazakAllah Kher for Sharing

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
Ya Akhee,

It may have a benefit (it helps you wake up), but it is misusing the Qur'aan. I read in another article from the Arab News (or SPA),

MAKKAH, 9 November 2007 - The Islamic Jurisprudence Council banned the use of the verses of the Holy Qur'an as ringtones for mobile phones because it impinges on the sacred character of the Muslim Holy Book, the Saudi Press Agency reported yesterday.

"It is demeaning and degrading to the verses of the Holy Book to stop abruptly at the middle of a recitation or neglecting the recitation, as happens when they are used as ringtones in mobile phones. On the other hand, recording the verses from the Holy Qur'an in phone sets with the intention of recitation and listening is a virtuous act," the scholars attending the council said in a statement.

For more about the rulings relating the Qur'aan you could check out the fataawaa on the site, www.qurancomplex.com.

Was-salaam

AKHI

Allahuakhbar
Make sence. How about Nasheed ringtone? Like the one i'm using. I try to avoid carrying my hp to the toilet even when taking wuduh.

But onces while praying in a solat room. My hp goes off & i'm sure the other ppl in there are annoyed with me. I salam them after solat & apologist.

Wasalammualaikum

zarah

Islam
Staff member

Jazzak-Allah khairyan for sharing,Masha`llah earnt something new.

While we are on the ringtone subject akhi what about simple nasheeds,E.G Ahmed Bukhatir as a incoming ringtone?

:wasalam:

khalid85

Qari
Salam Alykom,

I would suggest brothers and sisters to use quran as an alarm instead of a ringtone. Imagine your in the toilet and your phone rings? .. Just to respect the Athan as well as quran i suggest its much better if we use them as an Alarm only. For ringtones we could use Nasheeds, but again be careful if the words of the Nasheeds contain the name of Allah in them.

Thats all :)

JazakAllah khair for this thread!

Khalid

basimlondon2000

akhi do not do it

as alaram or ring phone is haram ,and search why !
because then what is the value of the quraan or athan to but as alaram or to read and undersatnd and then work with what u know if the holy quraan so, ahl al3ilm they say no= the scholars of ahl assonaah say no
so fear allah and do not the quraan as ring phone :hawla:
and i ask allah to be in the right way always

basimlondon2000

is it bid3ah?

Jazzak-Allah khairyan for sharing,Masha`llah earnt something new.

While we are on the ringtone subject akhi what about simple nasheeds,E.G Ahmed Bukhatir as a incoming ringtone?

:wasalam:

sister nasheed as i know and i hear from scholar he say it is bid3ah if u want to know who say that i can tell u

siddiqua

yes

Salam Alykom,:

u r right mr. khalid but i would talk to u :tti_sister:OUR ALLAH IS EVERY WERE, WERE EVER U GO ALL TIME ALLA WITH US, OUR HEART,OUR SOUL, OUR MIND, EVERYWERE. so what u think ringtone is the matter with us :SMILY286:i dont think so what about u?

ivy336

Allah says in his holy book,"والسماء ذات الرجع * والأرض ذات الصدع * إنه لقول فصل * وما هو بالهزل"
" By the sky with its returning rain, and by the earth bursting with vegetation;this(the holy Quran) is indeed a Decisive Word. It is not a jest"

lordvader

Salam, sorry for cross post
I need a Prayer software for my HTC HD2(T9193) phone
can someone give me a link to where I can get please

Jazakh Allah

rijji

Assalamoalaykum,
will any one please tell me is it fine to store dua like yaseen, surah fatiha etc in your mobile mp3 and listen to it whenever you feel like (during work time, in library).
i was always wondering whether we can keep mobiles in our pocket or touch them without wudu if it is used to store quranic audios.