ATTITUDE OF ENCOURAGEMENT NOT JUDGEMENT

muslimlady

The spirit of Islam is one of Sabr (patience) and tolerance.

My dear dear brothers and sisters, DO NOT distress yourself about what you cannot and have not done. START by doing whatever GOOD that you are currently doing consistently, even it is a smile because as we all know, a smile in itself is sadaqah(donation). If it is to send your little brother to school, continue that. If it is just to take out the garbage, continue that too and do it with the intention that you are doing it fo Allah. When you are ready to do the next good thing, it will come easily, taking one step at a time.

If someone admits to you that they do not pray 5 times a day, then your reaction could be, Well, how many times a day do you pray? And if the answer, is....Oh I only pray Ishak because thats all the time I have, then your reaction could be...Thats good that you remember Allah at least once a day, Insha Allah, you will remember twice a day

If a person says I just love listening to Linkin Park or Muse or Mariah Carey, you do not say......Its Haram!! You could say, I used to like that type of music too. That sort of answer will encourage the other person to ask you as to why you stop listening AND THEN you can explain YOUR reasons for abstaining. Under no circumstances do you put the other person down. Concentrate on sharing YOUR experience only.

We live in a challenging world already. We need each other for support, comfort and solace. Encouragement will inshaallah help us to be stronger.
Leave the judgement bit to Allah.

Wallahu Alam

cmelbouzaidi

Masha Allah, very nice post, Sister. Islam needs more sisters like you with the heart and right attitude for dawa.

Jazak Allahu Khair.

Wassalam.

muslimah84

:ma:
funny enough i was discussing this with my father this weekend, he was telling me that the best way to guide people is to support them rather than scold them and scream haram every chance we get before even explaining.
I believe in sharing with people no matter what level they are at, it may be that you might just be the example they needed to decide to live a better life.may Allah guide us all.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

i think that part of the problem stems from people saying that something is haram, but were never really given the reason why something like music is haram. when that happens people will experiment with it and not really feel any sense of doing wrong because the reason for not doing them were never there. by the time they may realize something is haram and the explanation is given to them, they have already been entrenched with that haram thing, which makes it difficult to give up.

i believe that even muslims that may only pray once or twice a day etc are still on siratal mustaqeem, in the sense that had they not been, they wouldn't have even prayed at all. one thing that i do know is that one cannot be a successful muslim if one is lazy and a slave to their desires. may ALLAH SWT remove these things from us. Ameen
:wasalam: