Ayah of the Day with Tafsir Dhul-Hijjah 13, 1432

salahdin

أَعُوذُ بِاللهِ السَّمِيعِ الْعَلِيمِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ مِنْ هَمْزَهِ وَنَفْخِهِ وَنَفْثِهِ

سورة البقرة

رَبَّنَا وَابْعَثْ فِيهِمْ رَسُولًا مِّنْهُمْ يَتْلُو عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتِكَ وَيُعَلِّمُهُمُ الْكِتَابَ وَالْحِكْمَةَ وَيُزَكِّيهِمْ ۚ إِنَّكَ أَنتَ الْعَزِيزُ الْحَكِيمُ​

I seek refuge with Allah, the Hearing, the Knowing, from the cursed Satan, from his coercion, lures to arrogance and poems

Surah Al-Baqara

Our Lord! And raise up in their midst a messenger from among them who shall recite unto them Thy revelations, and shall instruct them in the Scripture and in wisdom and shall make them grow. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Mighty, Wise. (129)
2:129

Tafsir Ibn Kathir

أَعُوذُ بِاللهِ السَّمِيعِ الْعَلِيمِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ مِنْ هَمْزَهِ وَنَفْخِهِ وَنَفْثِهِ​

Ibrahim's Supplication that Allah sends the Prophet

Allah mentioned Ibrahim's supplication;

رَبَّنَا وَابْعَثْ فِيهِمْ رَسُولاً مِّنْهُمْ يَتْلُو عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتِكَ ...​

"Our Lord! Send amongst them a Messenger of their own, who shall recite unto them Your verses,

Allah mentioned Ibrahim's supplication for the benefit of the people of the Sacred Area (to grant them security and provision), and it was perfected by invoking Allah to send a Messenger from his offspring.

This accepted supplication, from Ibrahim, conformed with Allah's appointed destiny that Muhammad be sent as a Messenger among the Ummiyyin and to all non-Arabs, among the Jinns and mankind.

Hence, Ibrahim was the first person to mention the Prophet to the people. Ever since, Muhammad was known to the people, until the last Prophet was sent among the Children of Israel, Jesus the son of Mary, who mentioned Muhammad by name. Jesus addressed the Children of Israel saying,

إِنِّى رَسُولُ اللَّهِ إِلَيْكُم مُّصَدِّقاً لِّمَا بَيْنَ يَدَىَّ مِنَ التَّوْرَاةِ وَمُبَشِّراً بِرَسُولٍ يَأْتِى مِن بَعْدِى اسْمُهُ أَحْمَدُ​

I am the Messenger of Allah unto you, confirming what is before me in the Tawrah, and giving glad tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad. (61:6)

This is why the Prophet said,

دَعْوَةُ أَبِي إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَبُشْرَى عِيسَى ابْنِ مَرْيَم​

The supplication of my father Ibrahim and the glad tidings brought forth by Jesus the son of Mary.

The Prophet said,

وَرَأَتْ أُمِّي أَنَّهُ خَرَجَ مِنْهَا نُورٌ أَضَاءَتْ لَهُ قُصُورُ الشَّام​

My mother saw a light that went out of her and radiated the palaces of Ash-Sham.

It was said that;

the Prophet's mother saw this vision when she was pregnant with, narrated this vision to her people, and the story became popular among them.

The light mentioned in the Hadith appeared in Ash-Sham (Greater Syria), testifying to what will later occur when the Prophet's religion will be firmly established in Ash-Sham area. This is why by the end of time, Ash-Sham will be a refuge for Islam and its people. Also, Jesus the son of Mary will descend in Ash-Sham, next to the eastern white minaret in Damascus.

The Two Sahihs stated,

لَا تَزَالُ طَائِفَةٌ مِنْ أُمَّتِي ظَاهِرِينَ عَلَى الْحَقِّ لَا يَضُرُّهُمْ مَنْ خَذَلَهُمْ وَلَا مَنْ خَالَفَهُمْ حَتَّى يَأْتِيَ أَمْرُ اللهِ وَهُمْ كَذَلِك​

There will always be a group of my Ummah who will be on the truth, undeterred by those who fail or oppose them, until the command of Allah comes while they are on this.

Al-Bukhari added in his Sahih,

وَهُمْ بالشَّام​

And they will reside in Ash-Sham.

The Meaning of Al-Kitab wal-Hikmah

Allah said,

... وَيُعَلِّمُهُمُ الْكِتَابَ ...​

and instruct them in the Book,

meaning, Al-Qur'an,

... وَالْحِكْمَةَ ...​

and Al-Hikmah,

meaning, the Sunnah,

as Al-Hasan, Qatadah, Muqatil bin Hayyan and Abu Malik asserted.

It was also said that `Al-Hikmah', means

`comprehension in the religion',

and both meanings are correct.

... وَيُزَكِّيهِمْ ...​

and purify them,

Ali bin Abi Talhah said, that Ibn Abbas said that the Ayah means,

"With the obedience of Allah.''

... إِنَّكَ أَنتَ العَزِيزُ الحَكِيمُ ﴿١٢٩﴾​

Verily, You are the Mighty, the Wise.

This Ayah stated that Allah is able to do anything, and nothing escapes His ability. He is Wise in His decisions, His actions, and He puts everything in its rightful place due to His perfect knowledge, wisdom and justice.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Beautiful qur'an.

:salam2:

:ma:
Alhamdulillah!

Thank you
for sharing this beautiful posting,brother.
:jazaak:

Take care!
~Wassalam :)

Fiyazya

Why do people need hadith to understand Quran when Quran is a book that's so simple to understand and speaks for itself ?

Ershad

Why do people need hadith to understand Quran when Quran is a book that's so simple to understand and speaks for itself ?
:salam2:

To get complete knowledge of Islam, we need Qur'an + "The way of Prophet SAW and his companions (Salaf-us-Salih)". Qur'an is simple to understand but it has deeper meanings and that is why Allah asks us to reason and think about it. Prophet SAW left us an example of how a righteous muslim should be. Without an example, a way, we would have messed the whole thing up ( Even with one, some people are messing it up). That is why we need hadeeth and the way Salaf-us-Salih understood them. You say Qur'an is so simple, do you know that there are words in Qur'an for which only Allah SWT only knows the meanings? like meaning of Alif Laam Meem is uncertain and there are still scholars interpreting the meaning of it.

Brother, without, the way of the prophet, we would be left astray. That is why we need the hadeeth. Most people (non-muslims), nowadays, quote the Qur'an out of context. This is because they don't understand the Qur'an as the Prophet and his companions did. That is why we need a way.

:wasalam:

Fiyazya

@ErshadAhamed

Many of the Muslims especially from the Asian countries like India and Pakistan only read the Quran in Arabic in spite of not being able to understand Arabic, but they do read hadiths in the language of their understanding i.e in Urdu, Hindi etc...now the problem is that they are lead astray by the not so good moolahs who don't know the Quran themselves but pretend as if they are the best of scholars and they do so b'coz of easy money and the respect they get from their followers.

I never meant we shouldn't acquire knowledge of Quran from a good source, what i meant was we should not COMPLETELY depend on others or other sources for acquiring knowledge from Quran. Don't you think these sects and other discrepancies in Islam is b'coz majority of the Muslims are in ignorance of Quran and want to learn and follow Islam the easy way ?