Baby collections

Pharma_Sister

Asalaamoalaikum warhmatullahi wabarakatuhu,

Inshallah I find you all well and in the best of health and Imaan.

I need your advice Inshallah with regards to an issue that I have been presented with. I work for a non-muslim company in the UK, and one of the ladies here (a non-muslim who is not married) is pregnant :astag: and will be leaving work to go on maternity leave soon. The department will be holding a collection for her and buy gifts for her and the baby.

Subhanaallah I am always happy to give money to people, whether they be a Muslim or non-Muslim (so long as I am given assurances that it will not be spent on anything haram - like alcohol), but I am hesitant to give money on this occassion as what she has done is Haram. Although it is not the baby's fault, but I am inclined not to participate in this celebration. Am I wrong in thinking so.

Please advise.

Jazzak Allah Khair :hijabi:

ShyHijabi

Gifts are given at baby showers to help with the baby. I don't see how holding back a gift for an innocent baby would refelct well upon Islam or the compassion of Muslims. You can buy something like diapers or a bottle warmer and it will help the baby, who is blameless in all of this.