Back in the House & this can't be serious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayleigh

A study by National Geographic said that something like 2/3 of Americans can't point out where the US is on a world map. That's so sad :|

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
A study by National Geographic said that something like 2/3 of Americans can't point out where the US is on a world map. That's so sad :|

As Salaamu Alaykum
Yeah, I've heard that a lot of high school students, when asked where the U.S. was on a map, pointed to Russia.

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum All,

The reasons for pointing to Russia are even funnier…

When asked they said the because it is LARGEST contiguous land mass on the MAP therefore it MUST be USA; I have off course paraphrased and changed the words in because the words in English they used were, “Because it’s the biggest area on the map”

The words used in itself are a damning testimony

:) :) :)

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

I think I made a mistake by posting this video because it was meant to be a light-hearted thing but it is turning into a vicious attack on the sanity of the Yankees (slang for Americans used in the UK).

1) Having lived, studied and worked in the US of A; I don’t believe that they are stupid rather I think they lack exposure. If you evaluate the News media, books, Sports and other things you will notice that they are very America-centric therefore people don’t get to know about the outside world
2) The lower education System in America is inferior to most Western countries and even to some third world countries, again suggesting lack of preparation and exposure and not necessarily stupidity
3) In the current climate I believe that the Yankees are a soft target so everyone is out to bash them; although I do admit that they have a “Stupid” President (school/college scores, university results, geographical knowledge etc.)
4) Please understand that a lot of reverts also come from US of A so our comments might be hurtful to them; although most (almost all) in my experience take it in good humour. If we are to think that Yankees are stupid what does that say about the growth of Islam in USA??? Hmm…I hate to find out. Reverts to Islam still carry habits, traits and other characteristics of their people; just like we do from our background (i.e. Pakistani, Egyptian, Indian, Saudi)….
5) When I was studying in Saudi Arabia; the students often used to say that “People do this in the West & its disgusting; pointing to issues like Tahara & so on” and I used to tell them to say “Non-Muslims do this in the West” as a number of people in the West are Muslims (born & reverts) & lets not throw the baby out with the bath water

To all my Americans Brothers/Sisters…Sorry for calling ya’all Yankees; I just like the term instead of Americans.

To all my British Brothers/Sisters…don’t gloat over the Americans; you don’t want me to start putting English/Irish/Scottish/Welsh jokes on TTI…Stiff upper lip, cheap-skates, fascination with sheep and all that

To all my Asian Brothers/Sisters…Don’t even go there; there is plenty in the tank about you guys where that came from…Like why did the Romans built Straight roads; so the Asians won’t be able to have corner shops etc…

To all my Arab Brothers/Sisters…Let me finish my Dr “Bebber” before talking about you guys…

P.S: These are meant to be a light-hearted comment.

P.P.S: TTI Admins…Can I put some European/Asian/Arab bashing jokes? I have an obligation because of my blue passport.

Please! Please! Please!

amyaishazouaoui

Assalamu alaikum.

LOL GP, I do think that people are TOOOOOO serious, either lets all go out on the political correctness or lets pull each others legs,i prefer he latter. As a white girl who is maried to an algerian (they are frenchie arabs...messed) whos friends are mostly pakistani who me milky or white paki (sorry to those who find hat word offensive) who grew up in wales. Coun he languages....welsh, english, french, dodgy street algerian, posh fusha arabic, punjabi. That makes 6!!!

If u call someone with 2 languages bi lingual, whats someone who has 6???? MMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNN my kid is going to be messed when he goes to school. Its healthy...I think!!
WS
A

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

I prefer Europe (particularly UK) to US because of posts like yours.

You would be publicly hanged for saying these things in America Sis!

I also think that people are tooo serious but as we are in a forum I have to respect others (& it’s a shame because I can’t share my collection of jokes; I only post neutral ones)

Before I got married I briefly considered marrying a Welsh revert sister & I was shocked to find as to how Asian-centric (culture, clothes, foods etc.) she was; which was one of the reasons why I decided against it because I am completely Anti

P.S: Unfortunately a lot of Paksitanees do get offended by the usage of that word (no matter what), but to me it’s the context and coming from you who is obviously “Paki’fied” herself its funny and not offensive.

P.P.S: I do believe that my "Blue" passport entails some responsibilities so I will taking a dig at you, Br Mabsoot & others (like your lot) in due time; just thought I warn you.

amyaishazouaoui

LLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL

I'm trying to audit my subject knowldge ......not getting far, mind block, all I can think about is sheeeeeeeep!!! hahahahahhaaaaaaa

Do you know I even ask for payment at weddings???? For making them multicultural.......I jest not. Sadly my friend just say to everyone, shes the weirdo of the family, there has to be one, and guide me back to my seat as they call for the people in white coats to come and collect me!!!!
lol

everyone else mocks me so i have turned to self mockery!!!!!!

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

I often go into Self-mockery mode; its healthy. I find that humour is a great way to give Dawah and break down barriers.

One of the girls at work is seriously into lamps and fragrant oils so she asked me to bring back a bottle of special oil for her from America. She showed me the box on the Internet which is neatly packaged with “Combustible” written all over it

So I told her, “Hmm! Lets think about this Karen…A guy with a Beard standing at new York Airport with a box in his hands with “Combustible” written all over it. She didn’t get it and she goes, “Its just oil, you know”…Everyone else was on the floor laughing; she was deeply embarrassed & knew something was wrong but still didn’t get it!

Everyone else behind me kept making silly “plane going down” noises and saying that the Airport authorities might ask to see my “Pilot licence” and poor girl still didn’t get it…When we all explained it to her, she said, “Well that’s just silly, why would they think you are trying to blow up a plane, why would someone do it?”

Needless to say that the joke was lost on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.